Meridian Behavioral Health Employee Reviews in Pine City, MN

Decent place to work
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pine City, MNJune 1, 2019
Decent place to work. Great advancement opportunity.
Good benefits. Good pay. Flexible schedule. Management is easy to work with. Questions or concerns always were addressed with staff. Cross training is important to the site giving support to other staff.
Not a goodnplace to work
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pine City, MNJuly 13, 2018
Lack of training was biggest problem. Go to central location for all the facilities and with each place is different..went to first day and was thrown in like I should have known what I was doing..management and co workers were not willing to help with training. Knowing the right thing to do and document in the computer system..if they corrected that it would be a very rewarding place to work. The work itself with the patients was awesome co workers were back stabbers and weren't available for questions or help.
Pros
Client's
Official response from Meridian Behavioral Health
October 10, 2018

I’m sorry to hear this was your experience with Meridian. Training and mentoring is crucial to all who work in a direct-care role. In recognition of this, we are beginning work on some exciting improvements designed to help everyone feel supported and comfortable in performing all aspects of their job. I would encourage you to revisit working with us in the future because as you say, it is very rewarding work. – Lyndsey N. Talent Acquisition Manager

Wonderful Place to Work
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pine City, MNJune 9, 2018
Wonderful Place to work and help others regain their life skills and opportunities to heal. Everyone is considerate and Respectful. Everyone cares for the patients.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Not specific Lunch break times
Rewarding Career
Nurse Manager, RN (Current Employee) –  Pine City, MNMay 3, 2018
A typical work day consists of patient interaction, medication administration, providing patient education, preparing for visiting onsite providers like Nurse Practitioners and Psychiatric. With a large portion of patients having Co-occurring illness(chemical dependency and mental health diagnosis) it can be challenging to set standards for patients to follow. Many of our patients come from unsafe environments and need structure. I would not say our patients are unmanageable however they can be difficult at times. We are a no touch facility so patients can not have any physical contact with other patients or staff at any time. I feel we work in a safe, clean, and family like environment. It can be stressful due to the fast pace. Patients stay in the program approx 30-90 days. We have patients discharging and arriving daily. The nursing team is like a family. The coworkers and helping people succeed are the best parts of the job.
Pros
New medical, dental, vision, 401K match, cheap lunch
Cons
Very fast paced, patients can be disgruntle at times, however we work to improve it during their stay.
Love my Job!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Pine City, MNMay 3, 2018
I currently work at Meadow Creek in Pine City, I have been here for over 3 years and started as a Tech and after schooling became an LPN and was moved right into nursing! Every day is a new challenge but very exciting and fast paced! Helping people is something we get to do everyday! At times days can be stressful but we have a great team that that we all are able to help each other through each situation! Our Nurse manager is great at helping and also very accommodating with schedules.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
can be stressful
Great Program
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pine City, MNAugust 19, 2017
Amazing Team
Fast Paced
Rewarding
Great Benefits with 3 weeks Paid Time Off if employed full time. Great opportunity for learning and gaining experience
Fun work place
NURSE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pine City, MNMay 22, 2017
Loved this job. The down falls was being on call 24/7. Everyday was different from accessing clients for withdrawal to starting protocols. The most enjoyable majority of the employees worked together,
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
on call 24/7