Meridian Behavioral Health Employee Reviews in Rochester, MN

I love my job!!
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 1, 2019
It is a fast paced working environment. If you’re not lazy and like to help people then you would like working here. I have an amazing Supervisor and the Director is very involved with the day to day. She has an open door policy and is very willing to listen to concerns or ideas.
Pros
Helping people who need you.
Cons
CoWorkers who call off or don’t show up for shifts
Stay Away
LADC (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 11, 2019
This place really has potential but with the current leadership it is failing. They overwork their employees. Favoritism is valued more than qualifications or your actual work ethic. The schedule changes constantly. Staff continues to leave due to shabby leadership. In my entire time there I worked hard with no recognition by leadership. DHS is a common occurrence due to lack of training. They preach self care but do little to help their staff take care of themselves. It is not uncommon for counselors to take their laptops home to finish documentation because your caseload is so high there is no other time to get things done. You are micromanaged to no end. Honestly working with the patients was the best part. The "office culture" and favoritism was the worst. I was hoping to be with this organization longer. If you value ethics and hard work this is not the place for you.
Pros
Going home.
Cons
Everything.
Official response from Meridian Behavioral Health
April 26, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback and know that these comments are read. If you haven't yet completed your exit survey, I would encourage you to do so as that information is used to influence changes within the organization.

Fast paced work environment providing direct care to patients
Recovery Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 10, 2019
I began working at Meridian Behavioral Health Oakridge Treatment Center I had worked in the field for several years. I had worked for larger companies who claimed that the needs of the patient comes first. We have an Amazing new Director that takes this as a call to arms rather than lip service. I was a Recover Specialist less than a year and by showing up to work and proving that I was reliable and I did not have any inappropriate relationships with patients in less than a year I was promoted to a Supervisor position. I also seen other team members get promoted to start up new Treatment Centers for having the same commitments and work ethic.
Pros
Gain a great deal of experience working with people struggling with addiction and mental health.
Cons
Fluid environment based on the mood of patients, Can be chaotic one day and easy going the next, or both every 5 minutes.
What a joke~
RS (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMarch 27, 2019
This place is a joke. ALWAYS understaffed.The turnover there is the worst I’ve ever seen. Management and director are only concerned about money not the clients. Working there I can’t tell you how many movies these guys watch and the same ones over and over again and they call it class take attendance and turn it in to billing the state as a class. There are absolutely no safety measures in place they will tell you never be alone with a client, but then they send just you and a client to a Dr.’s appointment or dental or even to drive sometimes 3 hours to go get a new admission. They preach boundaries, but they don’t train you on it and the boundaries are different for each employee. Absolutely no consistency in policy at all. They will fire one employee for being late, when one employee calls in for 4-5 days in a row. The worst part of the whole place is that it is filthy just gross. They have had bed bugs SO many times it’s gross. The cops, firefighters, and drug dogs are out there all the time. The clients are constantly getting high, because there are usually two RS staff to do the job of 6. So no one can watch or keep an eye on anything that is going on. Management expects you to fill in or pick up hours because they are so short staffed. The ONLY thing positive about this place is that you can get overtime if that’s what you want. Management doesn’t care about their employees or the clients.
Pros
The scenery & overtime
Cons
No breaks, no vending machine, (with anything other than candy and chips)in it.
Official response from Meridian Behavioral Health
April 26, 2019

Taking the time to share thoughts on our organization is appreciated although I'm sorry you've had this experience. I hope you would have shared your comments with HR while you were still employed. We aim to be a place of work people want to be at and can only implement changes when they're brought to the table.

Ok pay, that's it.
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 3, 2018
Policy changes on a daily basis without informing you.

Training is minimal.

I loved the work. Hated the politics and lack of consistency in policy.

The employee handbook is a joke.

You should be able to sign up for meals provided, but they are often short... Leaving staff with no food.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Lack of training. Request policy change without sufficient communication.
good company to work
Maintenance Lead (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 20, 2018
Typical day consists of constant movement and fixing of interior and exterior grounds.. Interaction with other staff and clients. enjoy all aspects of the job.
Chaotic and unprofessional
Staff (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 11, 2018
Many workers left within a year or so. A lot of problems like high turnover, lack of directions/communication, poor management, favoritism, little training, and poor patient services.
Fast paced environment, challenging, rewarding
LPN (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNFebruary 22, 2018
I loved my job at Meridian at the Rochester MN campus. We went through many changes there, however the support from administration was amazing, The DON from Twin Cities you cannot say enough about as a nurse working under her. I felt supported my the upper management, always.
There was great team work once the garden was "weeded out."
Excellent benefits, the pay could be better for nurses with the experience I had. It lacked organization at the time I wad employed, but things may have changed.
Overall Meridian is a wonderful company to be a part of.
Management is horrible but i loved the job
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 11, 2018
Expected to do waaay above my pay grade a lot of errors made in nursing department with little consequences only people who experienced consequences were those who questioned horrible nurse manager and used chain of command i would not recommend working there only people suffering for this poor management are the actual clients
Cons
Long work hours even though only scheduled 8 hours a day
Best and worst place to work
TMA (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 20, 2017
Management is horrible. They should be shut down. Clients are the ones suffering. They care about money at that's it. They are lucky they haven't hurt someone with their lack or knowledge in nursing dept.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Everything else
HIGH stress, NO management
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 14, 2017
I could write a book on the horrors of working for this company. Money is the one and only thing that drives this company. Recovery isn't even a thought in the minds of management. It's truly shocking that DHS hasn't shut the doors on most of their Minnesota locations.
100% of the positive reviews are written by management and/or corporate.
Pros
YOU can help the clients!
Cons
EXTREMELY understaffed, Constant program/rule changes(often without notifying employees) For every step forward, management brings you 2 steps back.
Not the best place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 29, 2017
Going into this job as a nurse, I thought it would be a great work culture with a lot of flexibility. I had heard a lot of hype around this company but I honestly think that was a management tactic to get staff hired. You are often required to work around other peoples schedules, for example, if there was a call-in, you are mandated to stay no matter what or else you will loose your job. You are given a decent amount of paid time off but its difficult to use due to demanding schedules and understaffing. Shifts typically to go longer than scheduled due to extra work needing to be done. Staff turnover is high so youre often training new people when youre new yourself. Management seems to be more concerned with the company reputation and how they look in the public rather than staff satisfaction. It is a healthcare setting and as always, employees in these settings have to make sacrifices but this job takes too much from their employees.
Pros
Good pay, decent benefits, great clients
Cons
Hours, management, scheduling
I enjoy my job
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 12, 2017
I really love my job and enjoy my co-workers and patients. I am happy with my hourly wage, health care, 401k, and paid time off. The only negative about my position is the past 2 nurse managers but they are no longer with the company.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Past management
Very poor management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 25, 2017
Very poor management, very poor on the job training, short staffed, under paid, long hours, chaos between co-worker, medication errors, unappreciated by management
Pros
Cons
Everything in nursing
not advisable
Recovery Specialist/TMA (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 31, 2017
I didnt expect to start at such a nice looking place and have so many changes in such a short time. I loved my job but never got what I was promised. I went on a emotional roller coaster not knowing what to expect day to day. The people were coming and going like a revolving door. who was the BOSS and who were the employees?
I loved my coworkers and I was looking forward to a career here. But I was not allowed to. If you are applying please be on the look out for who is real and fake. Get trained the right way and do not listen to gossip .Respect the clients and management. If you are seeking a good place with a rewarding benefit after awhile it is here.Dont get caught in a place where you question yourself.
Pros
the clients the staff
Cons
unable to take lunches, Gossip