Meridian Behavioral Health Employee Reviews for Licensed Practical Nurse

Love my Job!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Pine City, MNMay 3, 2018
I currently work at Meadow Creek in Pine City, I have been here for over 3 years and started as a Tech and after schooling became an LPN and was moved right into nursing! Every day is a new challenge but very exciting and fast paced! Helping people is something we get to do everyday! At times days can be stressful but we have a great team that that we all are able to help each other through each situation! Our Nurse manager is great at helping and also very accommodating with schedules.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
can be stressful
Fast paced environment, challenging, rewarding
LPN (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNFebruary 22, 2018
I loved my job at Meridian at the Rochester MN campus. We went through many changes there, however the support from administration was amazing, The DON from Twin Cities you cannot say enough about as a nurse working under her. I felt supported my the upper management, always.
There was great team work once the garden was "weeded out."
Excellent benefits, the pay could be better for nurses with the experience I had. It lacked organization at the time I wad employed, but things may have changed.
Overall Meridian is a wonderful company to be a part of.
Not the best place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 29, 2017
Going into this job as a nurse, I thought it would be a great work culture with a lot of flexibility. I had heard a lot of hype around this company but I honestly think that was a management tactic to get staff hired. You are often required to work around other peoples schedules, for example, if there was a call-in, you are mandated to stay no matter what or else you will loose your job. You are given a decent amount of paid time off but its difficult to use due to demanding schedules and understaffing. Shifts typically to go longer than scheduled due to extra work needing to be done. Staff turnover is high so youre often training new people when youre new yourself. Management seems to be more concerned with the company reputation and how they look in the public rather than staff satisfaction. It is a healthcare setting and as always, employees in these settings have to make sacrifices but this job takes too much from their employees.
Pros
Good pay, decent benefits, great clients
Cons
Hours, management, scheduling
I enjoy my job
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 12, 2017
I really love my job and enjoy my co-workers and patients. I am happy with my hourly wage, health care, 401k, and paid time off. The only negative about my position is the past 2 nurse managers but they are no longer with the company.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Past management
Poorly run company
LPN Nurse (Former Employee) –  MNJanuary 11, 2017
Expectations of employees are unclear and poor communication. Policies constantly changing making it hard to know expectations of your job.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
no breaks
Truly horrid
LPN (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 9, 2016
Typical day: walk in early, get report that day shift was crazy, clean up day shift work, admits, pass meds, more admits, eat while hiding from clients, pass more meds, try to finish admits and/or deal with the day's crisis, report. Now do that 12+ shifts a payperiod (keep in mind you get called to come in on your day off frequently) and you have a typical nurse position here.

No teamwork from other staff or sites. Every location is understaffed and overworked. The only people who seem to like it are the ones who are new and don't know better yet, or the counseling staff/management who run out the door at 4:30 and can't be bothered after hours.

There are hundreds of LPN jobs out there that pay around the same. Please don't let this one be your choice as you will very soon regret it!
Pros
$2 meals; overtime galore; helping save lives
Cons
Inconsistent hours, truly dangerous clients (CSC, felony, psychotic with HX of violence)
A horrible money hungry company.
lpn (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day at work involved me supervising ALL clients by myself, which is EXTREMELY dangerous. Working 2 or 3 hours over my shift to get the insane amount of work done they wanted, and coming in 1/2 an hour early just so I could adapt to the craziness that had occurred that day. I learned many things there. Management was okay at my site. Most of my Co-Workers were okay, a few did absolutely nothing. The hardest part of the job was know how underappreciated I was...yet continuing to do the work. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the clients and getting there needs met even if I had to go above management to get it done. I will never EVER feel sorry for breaking some rules, when Meridian treats there clients as $ signs and not people. It was a sad place to be a lot of the times.
Pros
overtime, cheap lunch
Cons
Everything else
Horrible place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  St. PaulMarch 31, 2015
Meridian only cares about making money and having beds filled. When clients decide they want to leave they are begged to stay for the night until their bed can be filled.
If a client needs to go to the ER, they usually get threatened to be discharged. I have seen many clients go without their psych medication for weeks.
Programming is horrible. Most of the time the groups consist of watching a movie, usually not related to chemical dependency at all. Clients complain about not receiving their treatment plan for weeks after they have admitted.
Communication is a joke. Staff gets reprimanded for being too detailed in emails and passing along information to other staff when it's necessary.
You can expect to walk into chaos pretty much every day of the week.
Tons of transportation issues. Most of the time the clients are the ones telling the staff when they have appointments they need to be at.
Management is power hungry and irrational. Decisions get made without thinking things through.
Clients get left with broken promises for activities/outings.
Expect to receive absolutely no training in regards to your job duties.
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
no breaks, management, no care for the clients
Good learning environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 5, 2014
productive and fun place to work and a good place to learn in the field of nursing
Poor management, not an enjoyable place to work.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 6, 2014
Was very good at my job, and was told later that I was only hired because they needed a "white person" as an employee.

Also, requested to go to hospital to see my terminally ill mother, and was told that if I did, I would be fired.
Work with clients who have MICD which is an enjoyable challenge.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  minneapolis,mnSeptember 11, 2013
Calculating and dosing methadone to distribute to clients.

I have learned to a lot about calculating methadone orders, and creating a therapeutic environment while dosing clients.

Management has been really good by helping clients and staff by creating great teamwork.

Co-workers have created a great working environment by providing good communication with all the staff members.

I am needing more of a challenge since I calculate and dose for the day. There is not enough variety for me.

Talking with the clients and developing good working relationships.
Pros
Only work every third saturday.
Cons
Sometimes working through lunch without a full break.