Meridian Behavioral Health Employee Review

View all Meridian Behavioral Health reviews

challenging work envirment
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pine City, MNJanuary 19, 2017
High level stress job. Always short staffed. Extreme lack of consistency or communication between staff. Inconsistency between counselors and patients. Recovery specialists get the brunt of this.
Pros
Pto, paid vacations, free dental
Cons
high stress level

Other Meridian Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Don't work here, if you value your mental health.
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 11, 2019
This was the most stressful place I've ever worked and I've worked in prisons, hospitals and the CPS system.

There was consistent vicarious trauma being taken on by staff, with no intervention by leadership or managers. Staff burnout is high, and when you talk about it; you're made to be victimized.

If you're in a place where you expect managers or directors to be meaningful leaders; look elsewhere. Managers have limited clinical skills but are really skillful with their social media accounts. Intellect ends there.

Extremely unethical practices daily. Your morals are not important, and be prepared for them to be tested.

If you hold a Professional license, be prepared for going against all your ethics and needing to run stuff by your board constantly.
Run away from this place, I wish I would have.
Pros
None.
Cons
All of it.
Co-Workers are great but the company is un caring
LPN (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 4, 2019
Most of the time we were working under staffed, the patients have lots of mental health issues, not safe. No support for employee's by management most of the time we had to just do what we needed to do to get by and hope that nothing bad happened. Sometimes we would only have 3 staff to 50 men patients. Not a good ratio, most of the patients have just come from jail or prison and like I said earlier the safety? there is not much, they don't have camera's everywhere. if you don't like swearing this would not be your place. It seems like there is a lot of favoritism by the management they don't always do what they say. They say they don't tolerate things but yet it is being tolerated. the turn over was high we were getting new people often which makes it difficult.
There benefits are ok. most enjoyable part was the days usually went by fast.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight