Meridian Behavioral Health Employee Review

View all Meridian Behavioral Health reviews

Truly horrid
LPN (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 9, 2016
Typical day: walk in early, get report that day shift was crazy, clean up day shift work, admits, pass meds, more admits, eat while hiding from clients, pass more meds, try to finish admits and/or deal with the day's crisis, report. Now do that 12+ shifts a payperiod (keep in mind you get called to come in on your day off frequently) and you have a typical nurse position here.

No teamwork from other staff or sites. Every location is understaffed and overworked. The only people who seem to like it are the ones who are new and don't know better yet, or the counseling staff/management who run out the door at 4:30 and can't be bothered after hours.

There are hundreds of LPN jobs out there that pay around the same. Please don't let this one be your choice as you will very soon regret it!
Pros
$2 meals; overtime galore; helping save lives
Cons
Inconsistent hours, truly dangerous clients (CSC, felony, psychotic with HX of violence)

Other Meridian Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Not Truly Co-occurring
Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 20, 2019
This place is not truly co-occurring. No matter what they advertise or say. They hire MHP’s but management will tell you that they cannot hire more because they are “too expensive” and are “an accessory” to treatment, like they are a name brand purse or something.

Due to the above, there are 20 clients or more on a caseload and never enough time to meet with them and provide them the care that they DESERVE. DHS has informed providers it’s a max of 8 clients but nothing has changed. When you advocate for your own mental health or that of your clients it could result in punishment or you will be ignored.

If you are an ethical individual do not apply.
Pros
Some co-workers, clients were appreciative, does have good benefits
Cons
Poor management, no mental health manager, facility had mold
Lpn Glad I’m not there
LPN (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 28, 2019
We worked out butts off and had program director telling us we don’t know how to do our jobs when we had very little on site training. Then they would fire people instead of teaching us how to do what they wanted.
Pros
Cheap meals
Cons
To much work for the 8 hrs we were there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight