Meridian Behavioral Health Employee Review

View all Meridian Behavioral Health reviews

Rewarding Career
Nurse Manager, RN (Current Employee) –  Pine City, MNMay 3, 2018
A typical work day consists of patient interaction, medication administration, providing patient education, preparing for visiting onsite providers like Nurse Practitioners and Psychiatric. With a large portion of patients having Co-occurring illness(chemical dependency and mental health diagnosis) it can be challenging to set standards for patients to follow. Many of our patients come from unsafe environments and need structure. I would not say our patients are unmanageable however they can be difficult at times. We are a no touch facility so patients can not have any physical contact with other patients or staff at any time. I feel we work in a safe, clean, and family like environment. It can be stressful due to the fast pace. Patients stay in the program approx 30-90 days. We have patients discharging and arriving daily. The nursing team is like a family. The coworkers and helping people succeed are the best parts of the job.
Pros
New medical, dental, vision, 401K match, cheap lunch
Cons
Very fast paced, patients can be disgruntle at times, however we work to improve it during their stay.

Other Meridian Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Don't work here, if you value your mental health.
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 11, 2019
This was the most stressful place I've ever worked and I've worked in prisons, hospitals and the CPS system.

There was consistent vicarious trauma being taken on by staff, with no intervention by leadership or managers. Staff burnout is high, and when you talk about it; you're made to be victimized.

If you're in a place where you expect managers or directors to be meaningful leaders; look elsewhere. Managers have limited clinical skills but are really skillful with their social media accounts. Intellect ends there.

Extremely unethical practices daily. Your morals are not important, and be prepared for them to be tested.

If you hold a Professional license, be prepared for going against all your ethics and needing to run stuff by your board constantly.
Run away from this place, I wish I would have.
Pros
None.
Cons
All of it.
Co-Workers are great but the company is un caring
LPN (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 4, 2019
Most of the time we were working under staffed, the patients have lots of mental health issues, not safe. No support for employee's by management most of the time we had to just do what we needed to do to get by and hope that nothing bad happened. Sometimes we would only have 3 staff to 50 men patients. Not a good ratio, most of the patients have just come from jail or prison and like I said earlier the safety? there is not much, they don't have camera's everywhere. if you don't like swearing this would not be your place. It seems like there is a lot of favoritism by the management they don't always do what they say. They say they don't tolerate things but yet it is being tolerated. the turn over was high we were getting new people often which makes it difficult.
There benefits are ok. most enjoyable part was the days usually went by fast.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight