Meridian Behavioral Health Employee Review

View all Meridian Behavioral Health reviews

Not Truly Co-occurring
Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 20, 2019
This place is not truly co-occurring. No matter what they advertise or say. They hire MHP’s but management will tell you that they cannot hire more because they are “too expensive” and are “an accessory” to treatment, like they are a name brand purse or something.

Due to the above, there are 20 clients or more on a caseload and never enough time to meet with them and provide them the care that they DESERVE. DHS has informed providers it’s a max of 8 clients but nothing has changed. When you advocate for your own mental health or that of your clients it could result in punishment or you will be ignored.

If you are an ethical individual do not apply.
Pros
Some co-workers, clients were appreciative, does have good benefits
Cons
Poor management, no mental health manager, facility had mold

Other Meridian Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Recovery Specialist
Custodian -Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 14, 2019
Our primary job is to make sure that all 50 inpatient patients were where they are supposed to be during programming. We would assist them in their day to day activities as needed. Drive them to doctor, dental, court, whenever directed on a daily basis. I learned that there are many many issues patients fight on a daily basis while trying to recover from addiction and mental health issues. Job is so rewarding some days, a bummer other days- we win some, we lose some. Management stands behind us as long as we have the patient and his needs in mind. Hardest part is seeing some people who went through our program pay the ultimate price in not securing their sobriety and pass away due to the disease. Most enjoyable is seeing patients who went through the program and come back years later and sober- no better feeling knowing that we played in part in their lives, but bettering society as a whole.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Very stressful at times.
Decent place to work
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pine City, MNJune 1, 2019
Decent place to work. Great advancement opportunity.
Good benefits. Good pay. Flexible schedule. Management is easy to work with. Questions or concerns always were addressed with staff. Cross training is important to the site giving support to other staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight