Meridian Behavioral Health Employee Review

View all Meridian Behavioral Health reviews

Not the best place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 29, 2017
Going into this job as a nurse, I thought it would be a great work culture with a lot of flexibility. I had heard a lot of hype around this company but I honestly think that was a management tactic to get staff hired. You are often required to work around other peoples schedules, for example, if there was a call-in, you are mandated to stay no matter what or else you will loose your job. You are given a decent amount of paid time off but its difficult to use due to demanding schedules and understaffing. Shifts typically to go longer than scheduled due to extra work needing to be done. Staff turnover is high so youre often training new people when youre new yourself. Management seems to be more concerned with the company reputation and how they look in the public rather than staff satisfaction. It is a healthcare setting and as always, employees in these settings have to make sacrifices but this job takes too much from their employees.
Pros
Good pay, decent benefits, great clients
Cons
Hours, management, scheduling

Other Meridian Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Not Truly Co-occurring
Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 20, 2019
This place is not truly co-occurring. No matter what they advertise or say. They hire MHP’s but management will tell you that they cannot hire more because they are “too expensive” and are “an accessory” to treatment, like they are a name brand purse or something.

Due to the above, there are 20 clients or more on a caseload and never enough time to meet with them and provide them the care that they DESERVE. DHS has informed providers it’s a max of 8 clients but nothing has changed. When you advocate for your own mental health or that of your clients it could result in punishment or you will be ignored.

If you are an ethical individual do not apply.
Pros
Some co-workers, clients were appreciative, does have good benefits
Cons
Poor management, no mental health manager, facility had mold
Lpn Glad I’m not there
LPN (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 28, 2019
We worked out butts off and had program director telling us we don’t know how to do our jobs when we had very little on site training. Then they would fire people instead of teaching us how to do what they wanted.
Pros
Cheap meals
Cons
To much work for the 8 hrs we were there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight