Meridian Behavioral Health Employee Review

View all Meridian Behavioral Health reviews

Horrible place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  St. PaulMarch 31, 2015
Meridian only cares about making money and having beds filled. When clients decide they want to leave they are begged to stay for the night until their bed can be filled.
If a client needs to go to the ER, they usually get threatened to be discharged. I have seen many clients go without their psych medication for weeks.
Programming is horrible. Most of the time the groups consist of watching a movie, usually not related to chemical dependency at all. Clients complain about not receiving their treatment plan for weeks after they have admitted.
Communication is a joke. Staff gets reprimanded for being too detailed in emails and passing along information to other staff when it's necessary.
You can expect to walk into chaos pretty much every day of the week.
Tons of transportation issues. Most of the time the clients are the ones telling the staff when they have appointments they need to be at.
Management is power hungry and irrational. Decisions get made without thinking things through.
Clients get left with broken promises for activities/outings.
Expect to receive absolutely no training in regards to your job duties.
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
no breaks, management, no care for the clients

Other Meridian Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Lpn Glad I’m not there
LPN (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 28, 2019
We worked out butts off and had program director telling us we don’t know how to do our jobs when we had very little on site training. Then they would fire people instead of teaching us how to do what they wanted.
Pros
Cheap meals
Cons
To much work for the 8 hrs we were there
Crazy management
Manager (Former Employee) –  MNApril 19, 2019
I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. All the management is crazy, and I mean psychopaths, with nothing but profit on their minds. They don't care about the employees or the patients, the only goal is to keep the beds full.
Pros
Good pay for some positions
Cons
Horrible atmosphere and managers from the top down
Official response from Meridian Behavioral Health
April 26, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our organization. I'm sorry to hear this has been your impression. I know we have a number of long-time staff that would have other opinions and am disappointed to learn you've not had a similar experience to theirs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight