Meridian Behavioral Healthcare, Inc. Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Very professional environment
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 17, 2018
A typical day focused on client services.
Management was very supportive and encouraging.
The workplace culture was like family.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the autonomy to make decisions and learn from mistakes.
Pros
Autonomy and voice
Productive fun workplace
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 25, 2017
I really enjoy working for Meridian, but I need to get more than 30 hours a month and so far I have not. I have learned so much from my job there like data entry, filing, Microsoft word and other things. I typically imported all the drug screening for their clients.
Pros
Great co-workers, easy work
Cons
Not enough hours
Great work and great pay with great benefits
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLAugust 15, 2017
This agency has great programs and much success was seen. The pay was decent and the benefits were great. Training was poor so mistakes were made. Mistakes that cost people their jobs. They are not merciful at all.
Pros
great pay and great benefits
Cons
poor training
Making a Difference in the lives of others
Client Care (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 31, 2017
- Great opportunities, especially for advancement (free supervision for licensure)
- Competitive non-profit salary and benefits
- Positive and knowledgeable staff
- Awesome personal time off package
- Big player in our community
Pros
Pto, free supervision, tuition reimbursement, benefits
Cons
Mental Health Stigma still exists
fairly negative experience
unidentified (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, MNJuly 17, 2017
Staff turnover is very high. Nurses are stressed beyond their expertese. Bottom line oriented--money

Pay is too low for level of expertese of all staff

Clerical staff work some 10-12 hour days
Pros
fairly friendly
Cons
staff turnover
Difficult with overload of work
former employee (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 15, 2017
This is an amazing company but it has several flaws with employee satusfaction and turnover. The care and assistance that Meridian poor idea to the community is unparalleled
Pros
Training employees and care to details of programs
Cons
Overall understanding of staff expectations is unclear and misguided at times
I enjoy working for this company
LPN (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 9, 2016
I enjoy working here.It is an eight hour work day.I enjoy helping the clients. I enjoy working with my co-workers. I learned how to work in this clinic.
Pros
I enjoy working with poeple.
Cons
No vending machine in my building
This place SUCKS to work for
Data IT Developer / Anylst (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 21, 2016
The IT director is a slave driver and BI. Director is a winch

This place SUCKS!!!

Management could care less about employees
Pros
Cons
Slave drivers
Depressing. Abandon Hope all Ye Who Enter Here
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 9, 2016
Former RN. Unorganized . Will admit anyone regardless of acuity medically or regardless if they are forensic solely. Archaic as in look to the sixties for restraining policies of acute psychiatric patients. NOT forward thinking. Staff had a
Mentality of brutality. Hood - like atmosphere . Maintain the Miilieu by intimidation. It's 2016. Meals served cold. No accountability with regard to human dignity. Orientation incongruent with reality. Build Build Build but not for the patients served. Matresses on the floors when overcrowded . Shared bathrooms out of stone ages. No dignity. Psychiatrists yelling at each other and back stabbing each other
Like children. My dog would not be well served going to Meridian. Insident after insident of staff abusing clients . Shut it down now
Pros
Cons
As above
Psychiatric nurse practitioner
Former psychiatric ARNP resigned after 2 YRS (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 13, 2016
This organization is in desperate need of management overhaul. The have unrealistic expectations of providers and ask them to see too many patients daily. There is lacking of support, a bullying mentality between management and providers. There is always a shortage of providers. One must truly love what you do to flourish. The patients are great but can be very needy with limited resources.HR useless!!!
Pros
Decent pay if you demand it, nice building, Drug reps bring samples for indigent pts, pharmacy onsite
Cons
Poor management with no accountablity, shortage of providers d/t overworking and cohersion, double books patients and adds to schedule without permission
good to get experience to start
Senior Client Relations Specialitst (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 21, 2015
employees are out for themselves they are not "TEAM" players, management never pats you on your back for anything, they don't solve problems they push them under the rug and hope they go away and you don't say anything else about the problem, they keep pushing work on you that should be handled by another department.....just a place to work to get experience on your resume if you are just starting out......
exciting experience
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville,flApril 26, 2015
I had a great time in this job. I enjoyed it because I was actually helping people. There were a lot of times where I was overwhelmed but the fact that I was reaching people we abuse problems really made my day.
Pros
Being able to be reachable
Cons
turn over
I loved my job & worked where ever I was needed or required.
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 8, 2014
The customers that I worked with & for was by far the most enjoyable part of my day. I got along with 99% of my immediate co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the constant re-scheduling of doctor's appointments & a good deal of the time this was done by the doctors at the last minute. My typical day started when I walked in office because you were off to the races; answering phones, changing those appointments at last minute, greeting the clientele & staff coming in to work.
Pros
My supervisors in the last several years were great.
Cons
No place to take a lunch break (no lunch area in building) for staff.
Great Place to Gain Exprience After Graduating and Not Having any Experience in the Field!!!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 29, 2014
Meridian has issues with always trying to change the programs to make more MONEY!! It does not matter if it is unethical or hazardous to their employees!!! The company is constantly laying off their employees and the people who are closest to retirement are always the first to be laid off!!! This company is ONLY beneficial if you are needing experience after graduating or if you really need fast employment for income. But please be cautious and always look for better opportunities before they side swipe you and leave you jobless!! Oh yeah and then they will mark you done as non-eligiable for rehire so that if another company calls for a reference they will think that you were terminated!!! VERY UNETHICAL AND UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY!!!!
Pros
Rewarding jobs for helping clients!! Free Healthcare!!
Cons
Employees become overwhelmed with being under paid but over worked!!!
Productivity productivity productivity
Mental Health / Substance Abuse /Trauma Counselor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 17, 2013
Demands to see clients on the hour and take lunch off and eat while you see clients and work. Productivity is all that matters here...lots of double speak about caring about the cash/ oops, I mean client. They book people for your lunch if you don't have it scheduled even though it is unethical and counselors and therapist are only effective when they take care of themselves first. See clients every hour and do treatment plans, updates and therapy. The hardest part is the constant threat of being fired if clients don't show and they won't allow you to go to homes but clients in rural area too poor or unwilling to come to office.The most enjoyable is being able to help my 80+ clients heal.
Pros
I help people and see effective change and managing change, Pay is decent and pto time is good
Cons
threats, costly benefits, supervision not provided for licensure weekly as promised
I enjoyed working for Meridian very much, it was probably the best job I've ever had.
Client Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 10, 2012
A typical day was always busy, so many clients' and lots of paperwork to be done, lots of scheduling. I learned a lot, how to interact with people that have mental health problems no matter what the situation. I also learned cross training, that's pretty cool, very challenging. I usually got along with every manager except towards the end of my employment because my supervisor didn't think I could handle the job anymore as I was emotionally distraught as I lost my 2 girls. I realize that in a job being professional and keeping emotions out of the situation but that was extremely difficult for me. The hardest part of the job was losing it, I still would work there if it was available to me. I love interacting with people so that was the best, and also helping them.
Pros
trainings that included lunches.
Cons
not seeing eye to eye with my supervisor @ the end