Meridian Behavioral Healthcare Employee Reviews

Profit and fill the beds!!
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 11, 2019
They don’t care about the safety of patients, only heads on beds. They make promises but never keep them and policies change daily without telling employees, whatever corruption needs to be covered up that day!!!!! Med errors hidden, missing narcotics covered up while throwing nurses under the bus!!!
Very demanding not a lot of room for growth, not safe
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 30, 2019
It was very unsafe and no security staff for the population and the mental state of individuals who are coming in for treatment and care. Very demanding and kept adding on more work and no more money. I felt like I was working in a nursing home when I got home hated to touch anything before a shower. Although it started off good , the money was good for a part time job, however things went down within the 2 years I was there and they wanted a 30 day notice to resign from a part time position which was crazy, I had to give them 2 weeks for my own sanity. Did I say it started off good.
I enjoy being at work
Billing Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 29, 2019
I enjoy being at work. Least stressed job yet! Good working environment. Good communication throughout. Management is awesome. There is opportunity to progress.
Pros
Praise
Cons
Holiday Paid time off comes out of your accumulated time.
High turnover, low quality staff
Employee (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 19, 2019
Meridian scrapes the bottom of the barrel as far as employees go and so your coworkers will often change quickly, not uncommon to have 10 people fired in a day, with 15-25 people hired every two weeks.

People do stay for a long time, but they often either have nowhere else to go, have been promoted because they need to fill a spot, and so are paid decently.

Restructuring happens often, so your boss may change regularly, and your boss's boss. They always say they are expanding, but in the same breathe they will say they need more grants and didn't do well lately, because likely they lost a grant recently and can't afford to pay people on what they make currently.

Very bureaucratic, things move slowly, and things don't really seem to get done. Departments are separated from one another for the most part and there is almost no communication between areas or even within departments. Things run very inefficiently and in a disorganized manner for the most part.

Their patients are mostly those who can't pay, and those who either have mental illnesses or drug addictions.

They say they are it in North Florida, but don't be surprised if in another few years a competitor comes along in the area puts them out of business.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Non-profit run like the government
Not good
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 8, 2019
VERY unprofessional atmosphere. I witnessed management speak to other employees like trash. I would recommend this place to anyone. I also would never seek treatment there as well
Pros
Cons
close to home
A Good Step in My Journey
Forensic Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 22, 2019
Some of the departments appear to struggle. I was lucky to work with an amazing team that was supportive of each other and strived to help others. A true display of passion to help the clients they serve. Non profit work, non profit pay. Limited advancement in some departments.
Up to date EBP
Senior Clinician, CAP (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 3, 2019
Working for Meridian enriched my career. I was promoted twice and did have a lateral move as well that gave me a lot of great counseling experience. I felt stuck at the senior counselor position, but in time I may have moved up further. I left the company when I moved out of the area. Overall the company had great clinical practice, good training and compensation was comparable. I only had conflict with two or three employees myself and only one was an immediate supervisor of mine. Caseloads were overloaded and I had to report the issue to upper management for resolution, but the issue was resolved for me.
Pros
regular schedule, good benefits and bonuses
Cons
poor program funding
too much for too little
Staff (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 15, 2019
First off, the people who work there are great. That is the rank and file- good work ethics. However, there's almost a new policy every week that it becomes ridiculous.
Pros
Good people
Cons
stressful
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FL 32608February 13, 2019
Meridian Behavioral Health Care is a good place to work with good benefits for the most part. Some departments micromanage which is a huge down fall. I have enjoyed the positions I have held in this company.
Terrible Place to Work
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 20, 2018
Meridian deserves less than 1 star. They have great people working to help clients and because management is so business mindset and lacks compassion or values their employees they lose great people! Managment needs training on culture awareness, socialization, communication, effective teamwork, and appreciation of employees. The pay is terrible and the work load is ridiculous. They will get rid of you quickly and not care about the clients. Worse unorganized unethical immoral inconsiderate I EVER worked in my life. I don’t know how people stayed for years.
Pros
Meet other great clinicians that care about clients and what they do!
Cons
Management does not care about the clients, the focus is not the clients, staff overworked, under appreciated, no adequate workspace
Great employees, Mgmt Has No clue
CSU employee (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 26, 2018
Fellow employees are great, but this place seriously lacks official guidance or support for patient care. The holes in the swiss cheese are going to line up one of these days and an employee is going to get seriously hurt- patient restraints are expected from time to time, but no help is provided- you are on your own. If a patient complains, expect discipline. In the meantime, lack of standardization and the playing of favorites hurts morale, and leads to capricious and fickle dismissals and discipline, while repeat offenders thrive.
I worked at Meridian in several capacities
Director of Detox / Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 14, 2018
Meridian has very stringent policy guidelines for center drivers that encompass all Meridian employees. It is not unusual for an employee to be dismissed for a driving infraction.
Pros
easier to be hired than to remain employed
Cons
quick to dismiss employees
Productive place to work
Practice Manager/LPN (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 11, 2018
This was a good learning environment, they really help the clients that they seen, the whole family, the outreach programs where great and really benefical.
Pros
Community work place
Cons
over worked
Care Coordinator
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 2, 2018
I would recommend this employer to entry level seekers. The job is great if you plan on seeking a therapist position . The counselors are great and staff is great as well.
Please do not consider this company
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Crisis Stabilization UnitSeptember 21, 2018
I have never worked for a more confused company than Meridian. Upper management does not have the slightest idea what they are doing or what our jobs entail. They are quick to point out any mistake you may make, but you will never be recognized for your strong work ethic or compassion for patients. The buildings are disgusting, insect infested, dimly lit and actually dangerous for patients and staff to be in. However, the brand new administrative building in the back is already being renovated. I guess HR and upper management need comfier chairs as we sit on little school chairs that clients have urinated on. DO NOT work for this company. They do not care about employees, and certainly do not care about patients. There is a TON of workplace gossip and most everyone talks about each other behind your back like you are in middle school. This is not a place for a Masters level clinician or anyone who considers themselves to be a professional.
Pros
some coworkers are friendly
Cons
no job stability, constant workplace issues, poor management
Unpleasant, with poor decision making
Clinician IV (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 7, 2018
I worked at Meridian at various levels, including both as line staff and management, Meridian is every bit of what we expect from a community mental health agency in Florida: underfunded with dilapidated facilities, poorly managed and abusive to employees. Meridian's philosophy was "innovation at all cost no matter how ill advised or poorly timed".

My experience as line staff was probably better overall than my experience in administration. The wages are laughable and the demands ridiculous but I was able to return home at the end of the day and leave that behind me. As a manager, I was subject to constant abuse, expected to be on call 24/7 and expected to be in multiple places at once. Needless to say, the amount of work involved was not reflected in the compensation package.

In summary, Meridian means well but ultimately fails their employees and the community they serve. Their attempts to cultivate multiple revenue streams peter out as soon as management loses interest. Because of the mistreatment of employees, they are constantly scraping the bottom of the candidate barrel, thereby ensuring a sub standard level of care. The company is largely run by the IT department at this point.
Pros
A few good people here and there, front line/sickest of the sick experience, ample PTO
Cons
Facilties are falling apart, management runs "hot and cold" re various departments and employees, ill advised investments in poorly thought out new programs, despicable treatment of employees.
Meridian is a nice place to work for a few years
Administrative Customer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 12, 2018
This organization focuses only on promoting based on college degree not experience. It is also driven by cronyism and nepotism. If you are not good friends with someone, unless you have a high level degree, they will keep you trapped under a glass ceiling. They under pay there non degree workers. Administrative workers make the same as custodians and painters make more than administrative specialists. They do not pay you commensurate with your experience.
Pros
Family First organization, diverse, and wonderful healthy living incentives
Cons
Low wages, disorganization, very few job advancement opportunities, cronyism culture
Company is a joke
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 27, 2018
Management does not care about employees. Also I have seen managers do unethical things. Discrimination and lying goes on with management . No one pays attention to your problems. The CEO should look into the veterans department. She might surprise herself.
Pros
Meet nice clients
Cons
Management does not care about you.
Good benefits
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJune 21, 2018
The job was fast paste at times due to working with adolescents. We had good staff members that looked out for one another. It was a safe and clean work place.
Pros
Free lunches and good benefits
Cons
shortbreaks
Great Place to Learn
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 5, 2018
Truly a great place to learn. Meridian is great at educating and wants to grow you as a professional. Great way to sharpen your skills and network with community agencies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Behavioral Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Meridian Behavioral Healthcare Reviews by Location