Meridian Brick

• Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

has positive and negatives

it all depends what yard you work at and who is your boss and who are the people you work under. It has changed owners and names 3 times in the past 20 years

Everything was just right except where we hacked bricks the area was small.

It's was a good opportunity to come up in life, and to be able to make things outside of work like financial situations and ECT especially when you're young.

Cons

The small breaks we gotten was very much needed

Hard work, good pay

It's hard work, but the pay can be worth it. As a brick hacker your Constantly leaned over picking up bricks and stacking them so they can be moved by a forklift. Not exactly difficult to learn although quite hard on your body. The work is based on quota so you could have a 10hr day or a 15hr day, just depends how fast we can run. Normal day we start at 5 am and are out by 3 pm.

Pros

Great people, short hours

Cons

Body breaking, long hours

Very poor management from plant manager to production manager, they do not communicate with employees especially if your a Temp to hire , they walk all over you talk to you disrespectfully and have you doing everything that the actual employees don’t wanna do , basically they use you until you wise up and speak up for yourself then they’ll fire you as they did me , I was a temp since December, employee of the month in February then fired in May because I spoke up for myself to management

Pros

Cons

They treat you like you are nothing

Poor management

Poor management they have a lot of favorites of you not one of them watch out . Employees don't get appreciated for all their hard work having yo sacrifice holidays and family time..

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

No work life balance, no opportunity for growth

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Will cut your throat in a heart beat

Bad place to work they will work you to death safety is out the window get the job done management don’t care about nothing but numbers or how many days you have worked

Pros

Cons

You name it

Family oriented, flexible.

This was the best company I've ever worked for. Co-workers helped each other out and not just locally, but across the country. Management was willing to not only to do their own jobs, but were willing to help out regular workers as well. It is fast-paced, and can be stressful, but rewarding after a day of working hard and knowing you did your best.

Pros

Flexibility, free lunches on special occasions

Cons

Stress

Terrible management and toxic work environment

If you would like a place to work where every employee hates the do-nothing, self-centered managers Then this is the place for you! Bonus: if you work very very hard and try to excel you’ll get lied straight to your face about how it’s all your fault things aren’t going right when in reality it’s a money hungry, cowardly bunch of managers that don’t care about their employees. “If you don’t like it, bye. We’ll find someone else.” This is meridian brick.

Pros

Competitive pay.

Cons

Awful management, no work flexibility, no teamwork whatsoever, horrible place

It’s the good old boys club and if your not a man forget it

No chance to move up in this male dominated environment. They do have really good insurance. Low turnover rate. Very nice customers to deal with. Good working hours. Sometimes not able to take a lunch hour or take breaks.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Bad management

Productive, Great pay and comfortable company clothes!

Comfortable environment most employees enjoy the work. There were at times other types of people that stood out and had no good intentions. These people were easier to spot than most companies. At meridian I felt at home while working there and loved to move and stay active.

Pros

Free lunch, free bricks, sanitized by professional cleaning

Cons

Smoking on the monorail

Work you to hard. Long hours and heavy hard jobs

After being on a temp service for 4 months. Them telling me I would be hired. I was fired for leaving early for the 1st. After asking if it was ok that I left. The work was heavy, long hours, undermaned. Sometimes 14 hrs shifts. They make alot of promises they don't intend to keep. I don't recommend Meridan Brick.

Pros

Not many

Cons

Long hours. Heavy lifting. 20lb. Sledge hammer. Lies.

Hostile work enviroment

Your not trusted or valued with any degree of acceptance.you cant move up the ranks here. The plant manager likes to hire outside the company. He dont trust anyone...

Pros

Employees are great people

Cons

Management is terrible

To many bull headache work in shipping and receiving bad management prior supervision favoutisim. To bad Poirot working equipment 5 forklift on site all with a/but one for the new person winter alright to drive to hot for summer. That's why no ones stays there long

Hours

We only worked 8 to 4. That was nice. Great customers. Some of the management was not up to par. Made some days dreadful. Loved doing what I did. Helping customers pick out thier dream house.

Good people. Hard to get on permanently.

A few good people. Hard to get on permanently. Communications about what is going on with the company is very secretive. No room for advancement. Your opinion does not matter.

This place is a mistake

Worst career move you can make.. totally inept management at every level. Deceptive hiring practices, safety violations everywhere zero communication.

Pros

Company Truck

Cons

Unstable work environment with zero communication or direction

Very dirty work enviorment

Very dirty work enviorment...employees are great easy to get along with...management doesnt not care about their employees and treats them like they are garbage

Productive workplace

Fast paced work conditions with timely work schedule to complete jobs in a safe manner to get production machinery up and running...noisy and dirty work areas

Pros

good pay

Nice people

It’s a great Place to work. Nice people there and willing to teach you. Good management skills and HR skills.I have never met a company that is 100% safe.

No good

Management is no help. Always worried about showing a profit that they never put money back in the machinery that makes the money. They do not appreciate the employees.

Great workers

It was a good experience I had hard work friends thief that love to work felt happy I also had a great supervisor that was willing to work with me when had to see the doctor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Brick. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

• Meridian Brick
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?