MERIDIAN HEALTH SERVICES
52Below average

MERIDIAN HEALTH SERVICES Employee Reviews

United States152 reviews
Needs improvement.
Very poor management. Decent benefits but very confusing pay scale. Needs improvement across the board. Would consider to stay for better pay- or decent raises.
Poorly managed and severely underpaying.
This Fort Wayne location has a high rate of turnover. The clinical director/manager (in 2018) frequently took time off and rarely did the bare minimum to run the agency site. The actually job was a make it up as you go. You had to come up with your own skillbuilding and direction activities for each client. There were no tx plans, no staffing with the clinical director....essentially no structure or real plan in the execution of services. Services were made up and not clinically based whatsoever. And if you want to get in trouble legally definitely work here. I was looked at like I had two heads when I asked for an ROI form. Don't waste your time for the low paying job, You'll be driving around all day doing everything and absolutely nothing at the same time. Stay away!
A company that does not care about their employees one bit
This company has repeatedly screwed me and other employees with shady private promises of advancement. A “quid pro quo” you work this overtime for a few months and you will get this promotion. I’ve worked with my raise “pending, until it never came”. I’ve worked every shift in most departments. Management has little to no experience in the departments they are over, which means no support at all for staff. Supplies are always low, they rule with an iron fist and the HR department is like a group of high school kids who divulge personal information about other employees as a way to gossip and make fun of them. This is a terrible place to work. I strongly urge anyone to refrain from working there. Just don’t do it. Work for Uber or something. This place is a nightmare
Let go for covid-19
I was let go today because I voiced my concern about being exposed to covid positive clients (at least 2 times that I know of) and not being given guidance by management. Of course they gave me different reasons that were weak.
The person who fired me today has been “working” from home for the past 2 months. Scores of licensed and non-licensed staff have resigned. Clients are mistreated.
This company...
This company shows no reasurrence of group home workers who works 24/7 7 days a week. Our pay is not great and this company does not support staff. Their is no inconsistency or any help especially with the crisis that are currently happening now.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Don't waist your time
The fellow staff members were great. That's where it stops. Management is an absolute joke. Supervisors are an absolute joke and HR as well. You have zero support when working for this company. The clients aren't the problem it's the staff.
Poor management
Working here was the most toxic company I have ever worked for. They do not give clear guidelines but want to micromanage your every move. The case supervisors pick their favorite and everyone else just cant seem to do what they are wanting. You pretty much train yourself on any assessments they make mandatory to have done.
Open arms
I have worked for Meridian Health Services on two occasions and in two different roles. I am currently an intern here for mental health therapy, before I was a behavioral clinician. Within each role I have found that the staff at Meridian have been helpful and welcomed me with open arms. I have seen growth in the organization which has lead to growth opportunities within the organization.
Good job for a motivated self starter
This job is great for a motivated self starter. The job relies heavily on a persons integrity as you are working on your own within schools, homes, and the community. As long as you complete your documentation, see your clients/families you will be fine. It takes some time to meet productivity and you will have to be pro-active to build relationships with your caseload. If you don’t put in that time to gain the families trust don’t expect for them to be consistent with you.
Great pay poor management
Management is a joke and loves drama and conflict among employees. Management does not try to stop any conflicts among employees and actually encourages it. The pay is great and providing this type of care was great but I feel sorry for employees and patients that have to encounter this unit seeking help with the drama that is allowed.
Good company
It’s a good place to work. It’s very employee friendly and good pay. My only con is that there is not a lot of room for advancement. However overall it’s a good company to learn from.
Very client focused
Family friendly good place to work. I liked going to work daily because I was challenged but made a difference. Tough job but rewarding. I loved my experience there.
Poor Management
Poor management, had clear favorites that could do anything they wanted but others got in trouble no matter what they did. Great coworkers and the patients were great too!
Pros
Fair pay.
Cons
Hardest job you’ll ever love.
You are out in the community seeing your clients daily. Problem solving, teaching skills, accessing community resources with them. The Hard part is meeting productive, documentation, and working out of your car. The agency Lacks a sense of community that I had come to appreciate over the years as a social worker. I got the feeling that it was no worst than any other agency in town.
I was miserable at this job. Loved my clients. But it’s all about the money for this company.
Supervisors gave poor direction yet micro managed. Also they won’t have your back. It’s only about money/productivity—not about the clients’ needs. If you’re making a huge difference in a client’s life and assist them in reaching their goals but you don’t make that 100% productivity weekly—they will not have your back. The upper management is the worst. Very low morale. So sad. The clients deserve better.
Job was close to home
Dealing with clients in mental health gave me the tools I needed to take care of my own children. It taught me patience, to listen more and understand their thought process, which leads to better communication.
Pros
It was not far from my home
Cons
I had to travel out of town a lot for meetings.
Not for me
I stayed here too long, first day I wanted to run! Management is non responsive and the services are ineffective. The facility is terrible for mental health.
Pros
Location & Coworkers
Cons
Pay, Facility & Management
Don’t work here/upper management think everyone is dumb
The managers will take any chance to make you feel dumb. Oh you are being epip’d for something you did wrong, but you were never shown how in the first place. No support from upper management and HR.
Good work/life balance
The best part about working here is the work/life balance. However, the pay and benefits are not so great. Management out my home location was good but beyond your home location you are forgotten and communication does not trickle down well.
great place to work
a real understanding place to work
knowledgeable leadership

great benefits

rewarding

understanding of job work/life balance

friendly atmosphere

learn something new everyday
I love working at Meridian Health Services I Flint. The hours are great. The supervisors are helpful, understanding and supportive.
This is the best job I've had in twenty years of working as a therapist and I have moved around a lot in order to move ahead financially. The work is busy but not difficult, and I enjoy working with people who want to overcome their addiction and live a stable life. The hardest part of the job is paperwork, of course. The easiest is seeing clients in their individual sessions
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MERIDIAN HEALTH SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7