Meridian Restaurants Unlimited LLC Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time with this company
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTFebruary 2, 2019
What an embarrassing company to work for.. Equipment is always broken, training is terrible if your lucky enough to actually get any and the managment is attrocious. Bosses who have no respect for others and do anything they please. You won't get promoted for your work ethic, you can get promoted if you become your bosses best friend. Stressful, understaffed, and draining. Boss didn't care at all about the customers experience, it was embarrassing to come into work and work with people like that, didn't care about employees either. Embarrassing that someone like that can run a buisness. SO EMBARRASSING TO WORK FOR!
Pros
Free meals for shift managers
Cons
Terrible management, stressful, bad training, understaffed always, no raises
horrible waste of time
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 27, 2018
Complete lies from management. Expected the world from employees and will not give an inch in assistance to employees. I was promised better mileage if I purchased a company truck, but when I bought myself a truck they refused to up the mileage or reimburse me for their lack of mileage pay.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lies, lies, lies
Upper Management is awful.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Utah County, UTDecember 27, 2018
The upper management has gotten really bad over the past few months. The COO and CEO are demanding and Micro Manage everything you do. We now have to do an essay on every single negative guest comment we receive because they manage from an ivory tower and threaten to fire people daily!!
Pros
Free food and easy schedule
Cons
Don't let you do your work
For the most part an OK company
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Belgrade, MTAugust 31, 2018
There upper management can use work along with there IT Department and Maintenance. There owner never really said a lot when he was in there. Didn’t really talk with employees.
Horrible management, under-staffed, no training
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Columbia Falls, MTJuly 29, 2018
My experience with Meridian Restaurants has been extremely poor! To speak of management it’s terrible, managers know what they are required to do however communication is bare to none. Scheduling is a massive issue, schedules are posted the day it starts so if one were to work Saturday, unless they go in to check Sunday, they won’t even know if they work that Sunday. Schedule changes come unannounced to a level where you can be not be scheduled to work that day then on that very day be scheduled to work. Restaurant was understaffed constantly and so cooking and serving food took excessively long. And to finally mention the ‘training’ I was given. I sat down in front of a computer for 6 hours watching training videos and then immediately after was required to run the cash register, my training videos didn’t cover how it worked so I had to screw up several orders teaching myself how to run it since no one bothered to give me a quick overview. I would never recommend anyone to waste time at a meridian restaurant it’s agonizing, and it strips you from your family and friends.
Pros
50% discount on one meal as long as you are working that day
Cons
No training, lack of communication, poor management, stressful, and unhelpful
Awesome place to work!
Operations (Current Employee) –  Burger KingJune 19, 2018
This was a fun fast paced environment. The co-workers were so great as well. It is more like a family then a job! Really feel like part of a team with this company.
Great place to work, great people
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Southern IdahoMay 30, 2018
This company truly cares about its employees and their families. I have a grandchild with a lot of medical issues and found myself stepping in to handle appointments and the company stood by me and allowed me all the time I needed with no adverse effects.
Stressful overworked minimal staff
Shift lead (Former Employee) –  303 30th ave. Alexandria, MinnesotaFebruary 23, 2018
This place was by far the worst place I have ever worked. they play favorites all day long, if they don’t like you guess what buddy you're out. I’d have more fun begging for change by the interstate.. they say they have two customers, the people they serve, and the employees, neither one are treated with the so called LOVE they set out to represent. It’s a literal joke to think anyone actually enjoys working for them. The whole store was miserable all the time because of being understaffed and over worked but yet they still have to cut that LABOR
Pros
50% meals 100%if management
great pay and bonuses
General Manager (Current Employee) –  NDJanuary 3, 2018
If you don't want to have a life outside of work and love to work 7 days a week this job is for you I will say this though great pay and great bonus opportunities but there is a point between money and living at work that you have to make a choice
Pros
free food some good employees and customers good pay and bonuses
Cons
7 day work week if you are short or have call ins some impossible goals
Terrible company that doesn't know what they are doing
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 25, 2017
Ridiculous hours and expectations. There is no work life balance even though claim to be family oriented. Forget your training, no one knows how to train anyone. Upper management is a joke, they play favorites all to well. If you work hard expect to do everyone's jobs and then be blamed for when things do go wrong.
Pros
Meals
Stressful place to work
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTJuly 17, 2017
They offer the moon and slowly start taking away what is promised.....sometimes not delivering at all.....absolutely no respect is shown br most of the store mgrs.....
Productive workplace
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 22, 2017
Learned a lot of management work and how to properly handle pressure. Culture is decent depending on the restaurant you go in to or the bosses overseeing them. Hardest part is pleasing the bosses consistently, especially when there are maintenance problems or IT ones that are in the way of you being successful. Enjoyable part is the people we meet and work with daily.
Pros
Meeting new people. Week vacation after a year, if your able to take it. Healthcare if affordable.
Cons
Healthcare doesn't pay much, Your expendable no matter how hard or good of a worker you are.
Great environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAMarch 1, 2017
Loved working here. Great staff. Really enjoyed working there. They change their menu with the seasons. Just wished they hired full time. Under new management
Horrible place to work!!
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 15, 2017
I was completely miserable the entire time I worked for this company. Extremely low wages! Don't let them catch you take a breathe, they will give you more work. Your workload is more than one person can do, but they keep piling it on. Very micromanaged. If you can help it stay away from this company!! FAVORITISM is real.
Pros
Somewhat flexible with your schedule
Cons
Everything about the company
Great work place with a welcoming environment
Burger King Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 14, 2017
i usually clock in , coach in, and begin temping the food. i also help anyone who need it until i'm done then i resume my position at expediting the orders. As the day goes on i bounce back and fourth throughout the store tying to get the best drive times that i possibility can. Plus making sure all the customer in the dining room are comfortable and eating in a neat environment. Mostly learning about there day or their families but it just nice to know that my job somehow can put a smile on anyone's face.
Pros
Great store manager
Fun Staff, Good Environment, Overall Good Job!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJanuary 22, 2017
This was my first ever job so going into it I was quite nervous. Saying that i'll go into what I thought was the best part of the job, and that was the staff, they made it very easy for me to get introduced into the work lifestyle, my first day was 100% less stressful and nerve wrecking then I thought it would be and that's because of the friendly management and staff. I learned the basics of a cashiering job, counting higher amounts of money, I learned how important it was to maintain a positive attitude to everyone, not only employees but customers as well. Hardest part of the job in my opinion was just the basic cleaning, mopping, sweeping, and restocking, it's not that they're necessarily hard, just time consuming and annoying.
Pros
50% Discount
Cons
Minimum Hours
Finance team is a joke. Dont be fooled.
Finance/Accounting Department (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 17, 2017
They treat office staff horribly. Underpaid, overworked. Expected hours of 15-16 hour days. Now CFO is micromanaging outdated tyrant. Do not be manipulated. Narcissistic owner. Use outdated ways of handling company finances will not allow for innovative technology to allow for better efficiency and accuracy. Office staff is paid on an outdated compensation scale and benefits are through the roof expensive. STAY AWAY.
Fun and easy workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTDecember 28, 2016
No day was the same, I learned a lot about food safety, the hardest part of the job was during rush hours when people would get over whelmed.
Working for meridian
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTSeptember 8, 2016
It's a great company to work for. I love my job! There is alot of room for advancement and they provide benefits too. This company strives to do great things for everyone.
Pros
Fast pased environment
Productive but relaxed workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, UTOctober 8, 2014
I have nothing bad to say except I felt we should have done a military discount.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Restaurants Unlimited LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7