I wouldn't base my staff off of seniority or as in how long they have been with the company if a staff member that is apart of a building we manage has multiple complaints or has had questionable habits that have been noticed by other employee's I would investigate it in full by calling in a meeting with the people who work under that person, i.e if it were business office admin under scrutiny I would contact that person's staff as well as others to see what is what. Also, staff members should not have clique's everyone should be treated fairly and if they have done wrong they should be reprimanded for such actions as well as anyone else apart or covering for them, doesn't matter if they're low or high on the totem pole with the job title.
Communication amonngs employees and to listen to they concerns
Good communication with all colleagues. Daily meeting/roundings at shift change. Recruiting and keeping a good team. Make people accountable.
Hire manager's who don't mind learning from their workers or taking advice from their workers. Not everyone in leadership knows everything. Have competitive pay, to low at these facilities, better benefits, monthly morale boosters (morale to low). Fix up these facilities that need fixing residents pay to much to live there.
Treat the residents in memory care with respect, if you give love and try to reason with the ones who have the capability of understanding they will work with you. Now, if you rush, yell and handle them in a caring manner a lot could be accomplished. In the hiring process inform the candidate what the position entailed, without a proper training certain residents cannot be handled. Provide the necessary equipment to handle certain residents that are not able to move freely this will avoid any additional aggravation of wounds to the resident.
Listen Learn Appreciate
Be more considerate of my workers needs. We often ran out of supplies. Also raise the pay to at least $11.00 hr for CNA's and $12.00 for MedTechs.
Consider employees feed back and help to advance them and the facility in every way.
- What is the work environment and culture like at Meridian Senior Living?Answered by Meridian Senior Living
- How are the working hours at Meridian Senior Living?Answered by Meridian Senior Living
- What benefits does Meridian Senior Living offer?Answered by Meridian Senior Living
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Meridian Senior Living?Answered by Meridian Senior Living
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Meridian Senior Living? What are the step…Answered by Meridian Senior Living
- What are starting salary for medication aide5 people answered
- Are drug tests done at the facility?4 people answered
- What is the most stressful part about working at Meridian Senior Living?4 people answered
- What is Meridian Senior Living sick leave policy? How many sick days do you get per year?4 people answered
- How do you feel about the future of Meridian Senior Living?4 people answered