Meridian Senior Living Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
The residents are great, I really like everyone I work with.
Med Tech/CNA (Current Employee) –  Saint George UtahAugust 16, 2018
All the residents are very nice. All the staff is great to work with, but there is a few that could do better. Overall really no complaints on the work environment. If you love caring for people you’ll love to work here
Pros
Great residents and staff
Cons
new Staff are getting paid more than people that have been there longer
Promotes Work/Life balance
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 13, 2018
Everyone needs a personal life. They promote work/life balance. Reminds you to take your vacations and days off. understanding when emergencies arise.
No company direction. Ran by crisis managment
Staff (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 9, 2018
They have a WOW program that is supposed to be a way to take a personal interest in the employees and residence. This program is nothing more than lip service. They do not care about the employees or the residence. Staff is underpaid and treated like a replaceable number. Staff is made promises from the management that never comes true. The Management team promised for more than a year that the employee lounge was going to get remodeled and upgraded. Never happened.
Pros
Great hourly staff
Cons
Empty promises and treated like a number
Large Workload and Low Pay
Personal Care Assistant (Memory Care Unit) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 6, 2018
This facility is one of the lowest paying compared to others in the area. You are assigned 25 residents during your shift and are expected to provide care for all of them. I like working in fast paced environments and I also enjoy working with the elderly. But the pay compared to the workload is ridiculous. Often they are understaffed so sometimes you have to do your 25 residents plus more! They expect you to go above and beyond but will not acknowledge your hard work and will fire you in a split second.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Low pay and big workload
Productive place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist/Team Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 31, 2018
this is a great company to work for, you gain experience in your career. The people are wonderful to work with, the owners are very understanding, friendly.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Poor Management
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 23, 2018
Let me start by saying I really love the people I care for. The problems come down to management. They treat staff very poorly. They can not retain staff due to the fact that most of us are lied to from day one. In my interview I was not given the full picture. I was not told that several people at the facility were violent and really needed a two person assist. They also fail to mention that you will often be left to care for nearly 20 people by yourself. They are so short handed that they don't even have half the staff that they should. They also fail to mention that if you want to keep your job you have to stay past your designated work hours on your "mandated" days. I took an 8 hour shift in the hours I did because that is what fit into my family's schedule. Now if they don't have the staff I am expected to stay several hours past my shift to fill the staffing vacancies that management could not. Not once has management stepped in to help in a shortage. The closest we get to management stepping in to help is when the nurses come in on their days off to work as aides. Management does not respect the employees, and they can not keep staff due to this. Training is pretty much nonexistent. I was shown around and then expected to care for "my wing" of the building. I would never recommend working here if you expect to have a life outside of the building. The only thing that has kept me coming back as long as I have is the residents. Unfortunately, they are the ones who suffer due to the staffing issues. When their aren't enough resident assistants it is hard to give them the  more... care that they need and deserve. The residents are on the verge of being neglected, not because the staff aren't trying to take care of them, but simply because it is impossible for one person to take care of so many high needs individuals at once.  less
Pros
residents
Cons
management, workload, work culture
July 27, 2018

Thank you for your care and concern! We would like to know more about these issues - please call 877.401.8486. We strive to take care of our residents and our employees by creating a great company culture...We look forward to hearing from you!

Never again
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYJuly 22, 2018
They don’t give you training, they threw me to work on my first day! On my first day I was shown nothing, I learned nothing, my second day they let me just walk around and do nothing! They need new management! And I was the only African American person there no clients nothing just me
Pros
Good clients
Cons
Poor manager, poor training, poor staff

Terrible facility
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJuly 18, 2018
Great residents but very poor staffing. Facility could not keep good staff because of the poor management. Healthcare needs were not being met for residents.
Pros
Great residents

Great environment
Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Newton, ILJune 26, 2018
Working with the residents is great and the other employees are always a joy to work with but the pay is not enough to live on in the current economy.
Productive place to work at
Ra (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYJune 23, 2018
I love working here. It can be pretty face paced sometimes and others slow. But overall it's a decent job, the resident have become family to me. Management is easy to get along with and very understanding.
Pros
Residents, enjoyable and friendly
Cons
Some times very fast paced and lots of hours

Want to know more about Meridian Senior Living?

Ask a question
Work
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 21, 2018
This place was fun and easy but wasn't very fast pace and you had to be on you right feet all day the management wasn't very good and the hours and schedule where last minute
great management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Carbon, ILJune 16, 2018
They achieve to stand behind their employees and are fair and understanding. They work hard to motivate employees to have on going learning and trainings to work to excellence.
benefits
Terrible management
CNA/ MedTech (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 1, 2018
I use to work here. I left recently. The Nursing supervisor don't know what she's doing. Always had to figure things out on my own. Her assistant has a bad attitude so no one wants to ask her anything. Management is always right here. Always was short staffed. Major turnovers because no one wanted to stay employed. The pay is awful compared to other facilities. No differential for night shifts or weekend. No overtime. The only things I loved was my residents and coworkers.
Pros
Cons
Just about everything

Resident are amazing
Resident Aide (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 31, 2018
Team work make the dream work very nice place to work awesome management the resident have a sense of humor majority are very active very fast paced...
Terrible place to work
RCA (Current Employee) –  Sauk Rapids, MNMay 23, 2018
This place has been a joke since I started, not enough staff working during scheduled shifts, poor management they do whatever they want spend petty cash to go out for lunch, one thing goes in one ear and out the other, unprofessional, unorganized, very lazy, constantly bug to pick up shifts because they haven’t hired staff or can’t keep staff, current location 4 employees have quit.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Low salary, poor management, working alone when it should be more staff
July 27, 2018

Company just bought out my workplace and didnt care to see for themselves what was good and neexed improvements without taking action
Assistant enrichment coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLMay 22, 2018
Worked for the previous owners for 5 yrs. When we were bought out meridian came in and made things unbearable . All management were new hires and didnt take the time to create a cohesive work environment with those who already had been working there and new the residents well.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management

Disaster
Resident assistant (Former Employee) –  Allouez, WIMay 18, 2018
No training. No plan on how to care for residents. No help from management, or supervisors. Took over current facility and came in with no plan on what to do. Was a complete disaster.
May 23, 2018

Love the residents but hate some of the staff and management.
Server (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 17, 2018
If you have all the experience before starting they will only pay u 9.25hr for new hire but people that been their for 3 years or more only make 9hr. You never get a raise when you work in dietary. When cooks wouldn't show up for work the server had to do the cooking even when it's not part of our job. Then when they need someone to work doubles they will keep asking until you say yes. Cooks, chef and sous chef don't not help keep kitchen clean at all they would make me do all the work after being on my feet from 6:30am tell 8pm.
Pros
Residence
Cons
Pay rate, management, roaches, food wasn't all that

not a good company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NYMay 16, 2018
I worked in The Country House Now owned and run by the Meridian
worked at night 24 hours per week for 5 years.

Executive Director and Managers did not promote , train, teach or treat their employees with respect.

Residents paid a lot and got very little lost a lot of residents low census.

Low pay, no raises or bonuses.

would not recommend

No security cameras, old building. poor ac/heating unit
all the good people get layed off or resign because of management
Pros
free food
Cons
slow atmosphere, no activity

Horrible place to work
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 8, 2018
Unfair wages, favoritism, unkept promises and if you voice any concerns to corporate there are repercussions. They have a high turn over rate because they don't care about their staff. Some of management rude to staff and is not approachable at any time but nothing is done about it
Pros
They will hire anybody
Cons
Unfair wages rude management unkept promises
May 23, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight