Meridian Senior Living Employee Reviews

I advise everyone to look else where
Resident Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLApril 16, 2019
The residents are the only thing keeping people working the amount of illegal I'll practices that go on through out spring oaks is unbelievable I left because I was doing 80 hour weeks rarely getting sleep constant pains in my back and talk down to by anyone who was above me for doing my job you could be the best worker at that facility doesn't mean you'll get treated right people have to fight for all of their hours on their pay checks and no one gets a day off and the scheduler just doesnt care no matter if you just worked four doubles back to back as long as the shift is filled I feel sorry for all of my old co workers.
Pros
Cons
where do i start
It was a good job
Resident Aide (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXApril 4, 2019
It was a good job where I was able to work overtime. But I never received my raise after it had been approved n when I found out it had been approved mounths earlier n complainee management made work hard on me
Pros
Free lunch, resident are easy going, and co-worker rocked
Cons
Manage, r lack of supplies
Good Group
ED / RDSM / RDO (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 4, 2019
Meridian was an interesting endeavor. It was the biproduct of a merger between to completely different business models and paradigms that was almost to certain to fail from day on.
Good place
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLApril 3, 2019
I worked and I miss it. The staff were good. As long as you did your job you were ok. The management did the best they could. The residents were awesome.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Can get real busy
Worst
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 23, 2019
One of the most beautiful facilities I have ever seen. But the worst place I have ever worked. Management was incompetent, rude, sneaky and liars. They ignored safety concerns. Allowed RAs to abuse residents and nursing staff. Nurses I worked with were lazy, signed for meds but did not give them they ganged up on new hires. They filled beds, but did not screen for appropriate residents for memory care/non medical patients. A lot of violent behavior resulting in staff just giving more and more mood altering medication. Residents constantly over medicated. Med errors overlooked. Thefts overlooked. Consistently short staffed. Charting was a joke. Incident reports rarely done. Less that 20% cpr certified. Monthly staff training was more of a complaining about others meeting with little to no education issues discussed. Over charging families demanding they hire sitters because staff was too busy to provide care and a safe environment. I could go on forever. I was threatened. I was not paid. I left and didn't come back. My heart was heavy leaving the wonderful residents to fend for themselves. It was horrible.
Pros
Cons
Everyone connected with the job.
Rude and unkind company
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 12, 2019
I was hired to be an assist DON. At first it was great. Then weeks in mgmt. treated me just like a nurse on the floor. Nurses wouldn't listen to me and Mgmt wouldn't let me do what I was hired for. When corp. came in I had leave the bldg. Then I found out I was not allowed to be hired!. eventually I left do to the rudeness. I took a job with a homecare company that came to the facility and they band me from coming into the building. Just a rude company to woke for and they treat there residents unkindly!
Pros
Cons
everything
Not a place to work for me
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 7, 2019
I will never go back to them and work they don't understand and they have people in the day time just don't won't to work and all they do is pick when u do everything u need to do
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Do not work here.
Aide (Former Employee) –  Spring oaksMarch 7, 2019
All this facility cares about is money. They will risk injuries to their employees by taking in people that are meant to be in a nursing home and instead calling it “assisted living”. Management is horrible, they do not care about anything else then their bonuses and salary. They do not care if a shift is working short even if it is the memory care/dementia unit. They will take people from spring brook and place them into the memory care unit. This place is HORRIBLE, even more so after the company switched to Meridian and new management took over. The place was bearable before new management, now workers leave left and right due to work conditions and management. And the person who posted about how there is a roach problem wasn’t lying. This place was infested with roaches for months. It’s taken care of now but that goes to show you how this facility is.
No advancement and terrible $
Caregiver/Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, MOMarch 4, 2019
Complete waste of time. Employees don’t care and management has their “Favorites”. Those favorites are the worst employees and do nothing. Residents deserve so much more. You get next to no training and then are thrown in. I wouldn’t put a relative in this place if it was free. (My opinion) No raises. People show up late with no consequences. When someone comes late you still have to work till they get there but do not get paid for it. Stay far away.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Gossiping, lazy staff, not $ worth it.
Awful and abusive!! Stay away!!!
Marketing/Sale's Manager Community Relations (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisFebruary 26, 2019
This was the most awful abusive work environment. Investors are only in this for the money, poor living conditions for the residents, HVAC needed to be fixed and was ignored!! Regional directors are terrible and abusive!!! Traning was horrible and each director has a different idea. At this location no one even knew the pricing on the units, they made them up as they go!!!
You will get zero support and they will always find something to ding you on. They make empty promises..
Stay away!!! I feel bad for these residents......
Pros
Residents
Cons
It has not been good lately.The last year and a half been the worst.
CMA,CRA (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 26, 2019
Having worked here for that long,l've seen my share of a good number of changes in administration.Also,employee turnover.The administrator will not acknowledge some employees.The top management come and go in droves.
Pros
Lunch break and two 15 min break.
Cons
They really do not care about employees until they need them.
Productive fun environment to work in
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INFebruary 25, 2019
Great atmosphere to work in with helpful friendly people. Love caring for people. Very rewarding and satisfying to be told what a great job you are doing and why. Nice to be a part of a growing company
Pros
Great management
Cons
No pto until 1 year service
poor communication skills by managment
Manager (Former Employee) –  mankato Mn 56001February 22, 2019
The work conditions could be much better however they were very stressful. There was very poor communication between management and staff. While working with the elders was a good experience
Pros
working with the elders was very pleasing
Cons
poor communciation between management and staff.
keep looking
prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHFebruary 6, 2019
trust the other reviews on this company. they are accurate, this is not a good company to work for. individual facilities are ok but corporate is not ok, they are in it for the money only.
Not worth losing your license
Lpn (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 6, 2019
No advancement, they don't care about the employee, you're just there to fill a spot and make them money. Micro managing by staff who are unlicensed. Not worth it!
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Management, can't keep staff! Micro managing
Official response from Meridian Senior Living
February 13, 2019

Hi - We are sorry that you had this experience at one of our communities. We would like to learn more about this situation...please call us at: 877.401.8486. We strive to take care of our residents and our employees by creating a great company culture...We look forward to hearing from you!

Place stinks. Literally like mold and work stinks as well
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJanuary 31, 2019
They preach integrity but have none themselves. They can’t keep anyone because they’re all phoney HR is a joke and she is best friends with the administrator and all they do is talk about people. They had a women in nursing who was always there and she’s gone now to. Don’t make decisions for your loved one on the staff that cares for them because no one good stays don’t try to get information from business because she lies and doesn’t help. Runs to and blames Company for everything They all point fingers but do nothing. Can’t expect the labor staff to care when it’s obvious they don’t. The people we trusted are gone. There are a couple good ones but that’s all.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everyone needs a realty check pull their heads out of the sand
Needs to be seriously reviewed from main office
Resident Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJanuary 30, 2019
Employees were unhappy, residents in Alzheimer unit were treated harshly at times. Not enough staff during the day, management had the attitude of either you work or leave. Residents were manageable. NO training provided. Seriously .... they need to re-evaluate the Alzheimer unit to make sure that residents are able to be cared for properly.
Pros
The residents are very nice
Cons
Training and Management
Meridian Senior Living
Regional Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 18, 2019
I am the Regional Director of Sales and Marketing for 8 Assisted Living communities 6 of which are in Wisconsin, 1 in Illinois and 1 in North Dakota. I am responsible for census growth in all communities which is 90% plus. Although I am responsible for growth in the communities I am not responsible for the marketers in the communities they report to the Administrators which makes my job somewhat difficult. The work life balance with this company is difficult at the very least. for instance I receive email referrals and I am required to make sure the marketers are responding to the referral within 5 minutes regardless of the time of the day. With this being said I am literally watching my emails on my phone constantly even off hours and weekends. I have a strong background in how to look for referrals, work referrals and transition referrals into admissions however with this position I no longer have that ability I am depending on the marketers to do so without being able to hold people responsible. On the plus side I love to interact with the residents while in the communities and at the very least know that we are taking care of their needs.
Lack of support from regional team as they always focused on negatives and rarely recognized when expectations were being met
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 14, 2019
My community, residents, and the team I managed were the highlight of the position. I consistently met the expectation of maintaining low overtime and keep a high occupancy however my regional manager would never acknowledge my hard work but instead always focus on something negative such missing one week of meeting the required market calls even though I usually met that expectation and the building was 100%. They do not respect work/life balance and have the expectation that you drop everything in your personal life even in events of nonemergency situations. Regional team only seems focused on buildings that are a "hot mess" or newer communities they have acquired. When I submitted my resignation, there was no acknowledgement from anyone in the regional team or HR. In my resignation letter I requested an exit interview in order to address my concerns with my employment however there was no follow-up. I also reached out to the employee hotline in attempts to have concerns addressed after I left, and no response. EDs are told bonuses are given out for things such as high occupancies however are not paid out has promised.
Grew too fast
Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 9, 2019
Meridian is trying to grow at an unsustainable pace. They don’t have the structure in place that they need, and corporate seems very detached from what goes on at the ground level. They are difficult to get information from, but are constantly trying to add more things to the communities plate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight