Merieux NutriSciences Employee Reviews

2.6
Ratings breakdown
a waste of time
Microbiology Technician (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 19, 2018
One of the, if not the, worst establishments I have ever worked at. Management continuously works the harder workers to death, making them do more work, while the lazy ones get away with being lazy. If you are a fast learner and are quick at what you do, they will take advantage and have you do other jobs when short-handed but still expect you to finish your workload. All at the same pay, or even less pay, than the people you're helping out, which already isn't much more than minimum wage. Favoritism is high, advancement opportunities can be offered to someone who just started over another who has been there for years.
Pros
Great co-workers, company paid events, benefits, Pto
Cons
Uncompetitive pay, Getting PTO approved is like pulling teeth, no work/life balance, unorganized, factory style work conditions, unappreciation, retaliation
very good work place and people
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CAJuly 15, 2018
The people were nice and very friendly i love working here.The work environment is awesome not very much drama and the mangers are good with talking with there employees.
Terrible.
Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 11, 2018
Terrible management. Everyone used each other to advance, but that doesn't even matter if you aren't one of the bosses favorites. I regularly worked 80+ hours a week, just for my manager to pass me up for a promotion and cut my scheduled hours down to part time. Speaking of which, one of my coworkers didn't answer the managers calls when he was on paternity leave, so he got cut 30 hours per week.
Managers are petty and will constantly take there bad days out on you.
Pros
Working 80+ hours a week means to don't have time to spend your hard earned money.
Cons
Working 18 hour shifts just to get bitched at for not coming in 5 minutes early.
Long hours, poor management
Microbiologist (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAApril 20, 2018
There is basically no work/life balance. You work an average of 10 hours a day, usually well into the evening. Weekend work is required, always. Pay is very low and not competitive. Management is unorganized and does not have good communication. Cross training can take years to complete. Always understaffed. Management has a negative attitude which rubs off onto most other employees. Favoritism is regularly displayed and makes it hard to advance in any department. Seniority is completely overlooked.
Pros
Good experience and resume builder.
Merieux Nurisciences Review
Technical Sales Manager/National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salida, CAMarch 12, 2018
MXNS was a very interesting career in sales. It was very time consuming and oft-times unfair in compensation for how much time was spent on the job nearly 24/7. Autonomy was supposed to be there but there were only 24 hours in a day and I found myself sleep deprived, restless, stressed and always looking over my shoulder for fear of VP and other upper management and my competitors. I loved the aspect of technical consulting and giving the customer what they needed, at little or no cost due to my experience level.

My week started and ended with a priority list created by nyself in addition to mandatory tasks required. Hunting for new customer was a daily event and documenting into several systems my growth, advancement, etc. was required and also needed to be successful. Management used to be there to assist when needed but the company dynamic changed almost yearly so that went by the way side.

Difficult portions of the job was my direct report and the fact that we did not sell in the same manner. I was more consultative and they were more driven by bottom line.

I enjoyed the autonomy when it was actually there, working with customers in the "what to do's" and "what I've seen".
Don't do it !
Micro Tech (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 24, 2018
Terrible place to work. No work life balance. Tell you one thing at the interview and then put you on another shift or hours.Low pay, long late days, everyone works weekends and boring work. Incompetent managers. Hellish experience!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, no advancement, incompetent &poor management, no culture.
Poorly managed and no work life balance.
Microbiologist II (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 1, 2018
No work life balance at all. Poor management team. Takes a long time to earn a decent salary. This is like production line work for college degrees, stand in one place doing the same thing all day. If you take a job here. Learn as much as you can as quickly as you can and move on. This is a stepping stone company.
One of the worst jobs I've worked
Microbiology Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 25, 2018
Money hungry corporation, only concerned about numbers and money. This particular location is extremely filthy, no one properly trains you, management is horrible. Pay is extremely low for the work you do. No breaks, just a unpaid lunch making your day longer. Everyone's hours were different, your hours was very dependent on what needed to be finished. Poor work environment- almost everyone disliked their job.
Pros
Sometimes free food, company bought non slip shoes
Cons
Poor pay, under staffed, horrible management, lack of training
It's a good place to work, if education there is room for advancement
Customer Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Salida, CAJanuary 1, 2018
World wide company, always improving the computer system.
Always making changes, in customer service.
Always educating on Customer Service on how to improve client communication.
Annual raises and bonus was good.
Offered benefits
Good Personal Time Off (PTO). Calendar shared so to schedule PTO in respect of co-workers.
Pros
Alway trying to make the job easier
Cons
Not asking employee's on changes. Employee commuincation is important.
Good job just bad Management
Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  3500 Eagle nest rdDecember 21, 2017
Great job, great pay just bad management. Inconsiderent of employeeses wishes. Co workers were a joy to be around, they really made the day go by fast.
Pros
Work atmosphere
Cons
manament
Poor management
Client Service rep (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARDecember 14, 2017
The lab I worked at had the worst lab director ever, He allowed people to come and go whenever they wanted, he had zero control over what was going on. The upper management at the corporate level is even worse and HR is a complete joke, Not sure why they would even call them HR they truly didn't care about anything but having parties or giving people Kudos!! Normally people that couldn't do their jobs and needed help from someone that busted their butt all day got a Kudos!! wow that will pay my bills>>>>Do not work for this joke!!!
Pros
people are normally nice and helpful
Cons
managers
Average corporate office environment.
Audit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2017
I had an okay experience at Merieux NutriScience. I had an awesome manager, however. Very friendly, did not micro-manage, and had great communication skills.
I feel that the company's corporate culture could improve by maybe being a little more inclusive and promote interpersonal relationships between all employees/co-workers.
Great people, okay job but long hours
Microbiologist (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 29, 2017
I love my coworkers, however; the lab is severely understaffed—constantly! When asked what improvements are being made to better the work load we are given insufficient answers. I can no longer deal with the 0 work/life balance.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Long hours, stressful
just another business with poor ethics
Chemistry Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAOctober 2, 2017
Management does not do their job!! I heard many stories about how unfair treatment is a norm there.

I got to experience it first-hand. These people were shameless in their actions and without valid reason other than selfish ones. I could not allow this and chose to leave a really wonderful job that I was good at.

I tried to change it to the best of my ability but they made it clear I was powerless. HR couldn't even do anything for me.
When it comes to challenging authority and pressing for WHAT IS RIGHT, in this place, you can forget about it.
Pros
great pay, work life balance, co-workers. Good benefits. Easy going work.
Cons
management does what they want
great Coworkers
MICROBIOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GASeptember 13, 2017
great coworkers and that's it. there is no work life balance at all.very low pay and very long hours. The only positive is that you have fun working and that is because of the people.
Expect your life to revolve around the lab
Sample Receiving (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 11, 2017
I understand catering to client's but this place takes it to a new level. You are expected to let your world revolve around this job and drop everything in your life to make sure that things get done. There is no room for advancement and oftentimes you leave feeling overworked, under compensated and underappreciated.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Light pay for many hours.
Good place to start career
Employee (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CAAugust 17, 2017
Not too stressful. Having to work weekends isn't the best and pay isn't great either. Decent work/ life balance. Room to grow if you are patient and assertive in your career path.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Sometimes the work is tedious and boring
Good work environment and a lot of opportunity to learn. Poor pay
Microbiology Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CAAugust 11, 2017
Employees and supervisors are friendly. Recently communication has gotten better. Accumulate PTO hours relatively quickly. Pay needs a lot of improvement.
Good workplace
Chemistry Technician (Current Employee) –  Crete, ILAugust 9, 2017
Good place to work. Clean facility and supervisors care about the employees. You can always get your breaks. Decent benefits. Free lunches every now and then.
Stay away
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2017
HR explicitly said they expect 20-30% turnover annually. That tells you everything you need to know.
Firings are routine. Most people are either stuck or looking for other work. Blame moves downstream. Managers are both incompetent and unsupportive.
Pros
Overtime