Merit Logistics Employee Reviews

Very unprofessional
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 12, 2018
A dramatic change with management is needed. While I worked for Merit, management was a joke. They are not trained and if they are, it's very poor. The travel crew was terrible as they mostly goofed off during the workday. Once brought to the attention of a manager, nothing was done because most were friends or related. I have no problem with friends and family working together as long as fairness is observed. The work was only made difficult due to the fact of poor management and travel crew not pulling their weight. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Management, lack of caring from employees
Pretty good. Be willing to be on your feet for 10+ hours
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Chehalis, WAOctober 29, 2018
Different areas in the Warehouse are easier than others, can be labor-intensive. Repetitive tasks. There are 2 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break throughout the day.
Pros
2 breaks and lunch. Long days, good overtime
Cons
labor intensive.
Racial Favoritisms
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLOctober 25, 2018
Sad to say but if your not Spanish your pretty much doomed, all supervisers are Spanish and speak poor English,so your forced to work hard while all other Spanish employees ride around on equipment,just a terrible work environment overall.
Fun workplace
Freight Handler (Former Employee) –  Chehalis, WAOctober 1, 2018
The hardest part of the job was the weather conditions. No a/c or heater so you have to dress comfortably but according to weather. A typical day was about 10 hours give it take depending on the season, sending and receiving boxes to where they needed to go.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Weather conditions
Fast paced environment
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLAugust 27, 2018
It is a fast paced environment however, you get help from other co-workers. You get enough training and the pay is not bad. They always try to work with you as long as you communicate with the supervisors. Was able to move up pretty fast.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Equipment is always in the shop.
No organization
Off loader, clerking, and picking (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIAugust 21, 2018
Needs more organized and out going people.there is never any communication between superbizers they don't talk or handle situations properlytheu just needmto communication and organization and everything would go way more smoothly and would make the process easier
a typical day at work
Unloader (Current Employee) –  Chehalis, WAAugust 16, 2018
show up for work get sent home no work that day or you work for a couple hours never know what time your getting off work. If you work for fredmeyers is better.
Cons
not enough hours
Unorganized
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIAugust 7, 2018
This is not a good company to work for. No raises or room for promotion. Over worked. Doesn't receive 40 hours a week. Lack of compassion from supervisor
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
No discipline, not good supervision
Good Place to work but cold
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INAugust 6, 2018
The environment is a fridge/ freezer section as they store produce, dairy, frozen goods, and meat for Kroger. There is no raise after the 90 day raise but there is incentive and over-time.
Fast pace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INJuly 31, 2018
A fast pace working job. Constantly moving and working. Good hours but short breaks. Great work and pay. The temperatures were very cold working in a freezer.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Managment
Productive but rude management
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIJuly 15, 2018
Managers are rude and treat you like you’re incompetent. Good work money wasn’t as worth it as it seemed with how far away I lived. Hot warehouse no relief.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No air conditioning
Great Company to Work for
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 11, 2018
This company is a very fast paced environment and pays you well for the amount of time you put in and pays well for good work. If they see you doing a good job, they will let you know, which is not always easy to come by. Managers and supervisors are always there and will always be available for you to talk to. The benefits package that the company provides is phenomenal and they do provide group incentives so there is always room to make more money. Being a freight handler can be physically tasking with some long hours but you are rewarded for the time and effort you put in.
Pros
Great Pay, good hours, great benefits
Did'nt appreciste there employes
HI-Lo Operator (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIJune 7, 2018
In the beginning Merit was working us seven days a week ten hour shift. when Christmas came around no bonus, no CHRISTMAS PARTY, no holiday pay, no double time pa for Sundays. Then they hired more people cut are time down to 40 hours a week but I started to be sent home more because they had too many people working. Some weeks I only got 2 days of 8 hour shifts. Then I tried to apply for Penske but Merit had it in there contract that Penske couldn't hire there employees.
ok place.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIMay 30, 2018
i worked second shift. employees was cool to work with. I unloaded and loaded truck docs. the job was not hard at all. hours werent bad when i was there.
Worked for Merit Logitisc several times
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chehalis, WAMay 25, 2018
Currently a supervisor for merit logistics and if the 5/6 prior times I’ve worked for the company they have always treated me well perhaps that’s because I am a hard worker with a great work ethic.
They take safety seriously weekly meetings and daily reminders. They offer incentive pay that allows you to control what you earn. Work hard make good money. Hours are long weekend are short but the job is always there. I’ve chosen to leave and travel many times and as long as I have good attendance and leave with notice I’ve alwasy been rehire able.
This is a good job you get out of it what you put into it.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Plenty of work ;)
Horrible dangerous environment
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, INApril 26, 2018
I gotten hit by a forklift twice in one day. Hours are at least 55 hours a week. Don't work here if you want survive. They don't care about you there.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Hours, poor management, scary job situation
Worse management ever!
Hauler (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLFebruary 27, 2018
Honestly, the job itself isn’t that bad the problem is the management. They’re too young to know how to manage stuff theres no structure and too much favoritism. The don’t care about their employees and too much lies.
Pros
Semi Flexible with schedule
Cons
Unorganized, inexperienced
Very fast pace company and very willing to work with you on family matters.
Truck unloader (Former Employee) –  Not very far from my house.February 2, 2018
I loved the job I VERY MUCH REGRET LEAVING THE job. My life has been down hill since I left this AWESOME company. I would love the chance and opportunitie to return to work. Please let me come back to work with this great company.
Pros
Great work out and good P T O time.
Cons
Just couldn't stay warm all the time.
It was okay
Picker (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, INJanuary 29, 2018
It was some good days their and some bad days but that's any job. I love the pay and the overtime I only stop works ny their because my car broke down and it was in bluff ton and I couldn't find a ride back and forth
Minimum wage job with NO benefits
FORKLIFT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Chehalis, WAJanuary 21, 2018
warehouse / forklift driver job at minimum wage. no paid holidays, health insurance is not affordable at pay rate. Many days they send you home after 1 or 2 hours. some weeks 50 hours , others 20 hours. Can't depend on supporting your family week to week.
Pros
indoors, not difficult
Cons
pay, benefits, lack of hour consistancy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merit Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8