Merit Medical Systems Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible company. Run fast
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAMay 17, 2018
Management sucks. HR is unprofessional. They don’t take the time to train and have bad attitudes. It is just like high school. Some employees don’t even have the minimum GED
Pros
Weekend off
Cons
Horrible working conditions
Easy going
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMay 12, 2018
fun place to work at, friendly people easy hours nice work environment, good benefits and opportunities. there is a lot to do and a lot of things you can learn
Great people bad managment
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAApril 19, 2018
Great place to work production workers are great and they respect you. They are fun and know how to make time go fast, but management was a disaster, they never took anything in consideration specially if you are a woman. They ignore you or just brush you off. HR only cares about the company not the employee, and it does not matter the level of education or how many years you have been there if they can hire someone else they will. Great benefits never had a problem with that. Overall if has it ups and downs.
Workplace culture
Director of Mfg Eng (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTApril 16, 2018
MERIT's workplace culture is unique in the industry. There are no barriers pertaining management interaction and collaboration. Business objectives are clearly communicated.
Pros
Respectfull environment
Cons
Non-competitive salary for mfg personnel
Quick paced work
Back up lead (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTApril 3, 2018
I had a great Lead and Supervisor. I also really enjoyed the people I worked with. Some over time, but not a whole lot. They gave a lot of paid holidays, including about two weeks off at Christmas time.
Pros
Great people, great supervisor who was willing to work with you on what you could and couldn't do.
Cons
Short breaks, some areas didn't train very well.
Meaningful Product sold around the world
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMarch 16, 2018
Warehouse and shipping was fast paced. Learned new systems and upper management was good. Supervisor hard to work with and didn't train or show by example. Standing/lifting for 10+ hours shift with lunch and break.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
Standing and Lifting for 10 hours
A great learning experience
Prep Worker (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTFebruary 24, 2018
It was a great place to learn new things. I felt like I learned a lot there met a lot of nice people. Lots of different cultures. The early hours were a bit much to get used to.
Pros
A week shut down paid at Christmas time.
Cons
The early hours
Production Operator II (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTFebruary 18, 2018
I have a daughter and working 4 days 10 hours, was great because I was always making enough and still had 3 days off and there was still a chance for overtime. Perfect for trying to get ahead in savings and supporting your loved ones
Productive and high paced environment
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Fun place to work.Met and interacted with people of different culture.Work environment was fast paced and a clean room environment. work hours were normal
Pros
Had a good experience with colleagues
Cons
Short break 10.00
Great place
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Merit Medical was a great place to work. If an employee needed help with anything the supervisors were always there to assist. The only thing that I did not enjoy about the job was that sometimes they tried to scare us into doing overtime by saying that it was mandatory and if we didnt come then it would count against us. Other than that everything was good
Pros
Good benefits
Excellent Internship
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJanuary 19, 2018
Great people to work with. There's a lot expected of you and the environment is very professional. You also have to be proactive about your job and find the things that no one realizes need doing. Overall, I loved my experience here.
Good Work Environment
Clinical Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 1, 2017
Merit Medical acquired DFINE so I don't have much feedback to provide since I was only with the company for 3 months. The company is based in Utah and I wasn't planning to relocate.
Pros
Good benefits and work environment
stable company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTDecember 1, 2017
great place to work, management is awesome, hard to advance to other areas, built in cafeteria so you dont have to leave the complex, not sure if thats good of bad.
Pros
stable
Cons
competitive for management position
rewarding, challenging, but fun.
Senior Engineer I (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTNovember 27, 2017
I will never complain about the job. it was rewarding but long hours. they gave me a chance to prove myself and progress , in my career. I achieved promotions based my performance.
Medium enterprise with small business feel
IT Manager, Latin America (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 11, 2017
Merit Medical is a medium enterprise business that has a small business feel. This is a positive and a negative all at the same time. The CEO is extremely knowledgeable about the business. Most of the teams, especially the IT department, are understaffed. It was a great experience of working at Merit, however, I felt that the workplace culture changed and, ultimately, I had to leave the company.
Pros
Free lunches at Tijuana plant
Cons
Corporate culture change
Don't recommend working here
Janitor (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTOctober 28, 2017
not a fun place to work. Was told things would be one way but then were not. Health benefits suck. It's like not having it at all. Dress codes and foul language rules are not enforced. CEO took away quarterly bonuses and Christmas bonuses but will spend $53,000 on a Thanksgiving dinner. Manager got mad when an employee needed bereavement leave
Pros
A job, comparable wages
Cons
Lots of physical work, bad benefits, hearing about things after the fact.
Good coworkers, bad management.
Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTOctober 16, 2017
Worked in the same area drafting and checking engineering change orders. Most of the people that worked there were very nice to work with. Manager basically did very little.
Pros
Large company therefore job security.
Cons
No raises after the first two in a 6 month time.
Downhill
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXOctober 10, 2017
I worked here for nearly 10 years. From Angleton to Pearland.I loved my job for the first few years.. Many people, including myself helped rebuild after major hurricane in Angleton. Stayed to support our company even though it was inconveniently moved to another city. After supporting this company and working many overtime hours I ,and many others were laid off.. Due to so called "company downsizing" . Translation (they found cheaper labor at the expense of quality) they do not care about employees or the quality of the catheters they out into people. What they do care about is how much money they make, and how much work they can get out of you. And they WILL work you into complete exhaustion. So think twice before you put in your application.
Pros
Weekend off unless mandatory overtme is put in place. 401k
Cons
Poor mgmt, high cost healthcare, mandatory overtime, no job security, or advancements
Poorly Managed
Technician III (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 6, 2017
Merit is poorly ran. Contribution to 401K accounts were regularly suspended depending on company profits.
They prefer to get engineers right out of school and train them to work the Merit way (which is wrong) and not bring in experienced people that could rock the boat.
typical day at merit
Packer/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Chester, VASeptember 27, 2017
a typical day at work is to inspect trays for bad seals and holes in the wrap before packing. Management is not fair, there is really not a hard part of the ob its the people
Pros
off weekends
Cons
people