Merit Medical Systems Inc. Employee Reviews

not a very happy place
Production Operator II (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTSeptember 10, 2018
new hires make more then people in the same position that have worked there for 20 years and there isn't really any place to move up to unless you work in the office. Every one just complains all day about how little they make.
Stay clear of this company not worth working for.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXAugust 30, 2018
Went to work for this company with high hopes for a future with them. Boy was I disapponted what a joke. Some of the so called operators need to be fired and hire real people with brains. Asked for a raise got nothing so adios suckers
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
No raises, Sorry management, Rude lazy employees.
Fast Paced Work Enviroment
Operator (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTAugust 22, 2018
Merit Medical is a good place to work if you are looking for a fast paced, hands on work environment. Management at times would be unpredictable and would go back on their word. Pay is below other companies in the same industry in the area of the Salt Lake Valley.
Pros
Cafeteria on site
Cons
Management Flip flops on decisions often
Productive and quality assurance
Packer/Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 11, 2018
The hardest part of my job is to make sure our goal is met each and every day, also it’s hard to learn the process. I like how the staff are willing to work will you.
I enjoyed my team members and the teamwork that we were able to establish for 10 hours a day we working together.
Confidential information
Production Operator III (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 5, 2018
Confidential information. Am unable to share information about the job seeing I am still currently employed there. But is a nice place to work with. Pretty easy jobs for the most part.
Great!
Clinical Support Specialist (Florida) (Current Employee) –  Jordan, UTJune 24, 2018
Fun, friendly, challenging work environment. They are always staying up to date on additional training and other requirements necessary to work in different facilities.
Horrible company. Run fast
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAMay 17, 2018
Management sucks. HR is unprofessional. They don’t take the time to train and have bad attitudes. It is just like high school. Some employees don’t even have the minimum GED
Pros
Weekend off
Cons
Horrible working conditions
Easy going
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMay 12, 2018
fun place to work at, friendly people easy hours nice work environment, good benefits and opportunities. there is a lot to do and a lot of things you can learn
Medical Company has potential
Hard Worker. (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMay 5, 2018
Management is out of touch with personal assets that work right under their noses. . Its not what you know, its who you know at Merit that will get you ahead. Introducing new and innovative ideas are always challenging. Some Managers/supervisors are verbally abusive and controlling. HR department continues to ignore complaints of poor Managers because they have been at Merit for along time. Some managers will keep you under their thumb and will steal your ideas for their own.
Pros
Medical Clinic is onsite.
Cons
No education or traning on how to do your job. Positions are all learn as you go.
Great people bad managment
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAApril 19, 2018
Great place to work production workers are great and they respect you. They are fun and know how to make time go fast, but management was a disaster, they never took anything in consideration specially if you are a woman. They ignore you or just brush you off. HR only cares about the company not the employee, and it does not matter the level of education or how many years you have been there if they can hire someone else they will. Great benefits never had a problem with that. Overall if has it ups and downs.
Workplace culture
Director of Mfg Eng (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTApril 16, 2018
MERIT's workplace culture is unique in the industry. There are no barriers pertaining management interaction and collaboration. Business objectives are clearly communicated.
Pros
Respectfull environment
Cons
Non-competitive salary for mfg personnel
Quick paced work
Back up lead (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTApril 3, 2018
I had a great Lead and Supervisor. I also really enjoyed the people I worked with. Some over time, but not a whole lot. They gave a lot of paid holidays, including about two weeks off at Christmas time.
Pros
Great people, great supervisor who was willing to work with you on what you could and couldn't do.
Cons
Short breaks, some areas didn't train very well.
Meaningful Product sold around the world
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMarch 16, 2018
Warehouse and shipping was fast paced. Learned new systems and upper management was good. Supervisor hard to work with and didn't train or show by example. Standing/lifting for 10+ hours shift with lunch and break.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
Standing and Lifting for 10 hours
A great learning experience
Prep Worker (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTFebruary 24, 2018
It was a great place to learn new things. I felt like I learned a lot there met a lot of nice people. Lots of different cultures. The early hours were a bit much to get used to.
Pros
A week shut down paid at Christmas time.
Cons
The early hours
Production Operator II (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTFebruary 18, 2018
I have a daughter and working 4 days 10 hours, was great because I was always making enough and still had 3 days off and there was still a chance for overtime. Perfect for trying to get ahead in savings and supporting your loved ones
Productive and high paced environment
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Fun place to work.Met and interacted with people of different culture.Work environment was fast paced and a clean room environment. work hours were normal
Pros
Had a good experience with colleagues
Cons
Short break 10.00
Great place
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Merit Medical was a great place to work. If an employee needed help with anything the supervisors were always there to assist. The only thing that I did not enjoy about the job was that sometimes they tried to scare us into doing overtime by saying that it was mandatory and if we didnt come then it would count against us. Other than that everything was good
Pros
Good benefits
Excellent Internship
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJanuary 19, 2018
Great people to work with. There's a lot expected of you and the environment is very professional. You also have to be proactive about your job and find the things that no one realizes need doing. Overall, I loved my experience here.
Good Work Environment
Clinical Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 1, 2017
Merit Medical acquired DFINE so I don't have much feedback to provide since I was only with the company for 3 months. The company is based in Utah and I wasn't planning to relocate.
Pros
Good benefits and work environment
stable company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTDecember 1, 2017
great place to work, management is awesome, hard to advance to other areas, built in cafeteria so you dont have to leave the complex, not sure if thats good of bad.
Pros
stable
Cons
competitive for management position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merit Medical Systems Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.