Meritage Hospitality Group Employee Reviews

No raise
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 15, 2018
i worked there for three years as a cashier, i saw no improvements. don't get me wrong the people there are great. i just wish the pay was too........
Pit of misery
Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 30, 2018
Before this company took over,I really enjoyed working for Wendy's. I put in a two weeks notice. I worked my notice and they took my last paycheck. Which by law is illegal. This company makes it own laws,regardless if their legal or not. Upper management is ridiculous.
Pros
Cons
Will take advantage of you
Don't believe all they they tell you when you interview. They preach a lot but give you little to nothing. It's all about the money, in their pockets
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 25, 2018
Growth opportunities are rare, even though you are led to believe the opposite. They make it sound like a great company to work for however, no matter the position you are in the pay rates are not consistent for the same positions, regardless of seniority. Training after the first week is little to non existent. They expect 60 hours of work in 40 hours. Employees are overworked and under appreciated. This would be a great job if you are a workaholic with no life and don't need much money to live on. Temps are treated like temps and rarely get hired. Favoritism is obvious from day one.Good luck if you decide to go for it!
Pros
1/2 price meals at company owned restaurants, Fun quarterly meetings, Very friendly employess to work with.
Cons
Employee treatment, lack of training, poor pay
Not a big fan
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Groton, CTApril 30, 2018
They are new owner who recently took aways a lot of benefits as well and down graded many of the ones they kept. communication is horrible if any. There is no incentive offered unless in a salary position.
Hard work with no reward
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 28, 2018
If you are willing to work short handed with no help and the possibility of working 7:00 am till 2:00 am then having to come back at 7:00 am the next day this is the company for you.
Fun and upbeat company with opportunity for growth.
Corporate Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 22, 2018
While it is a fast-paced environment due to the company's growth and our strive for uncommon hospitality, the job culture at Meritage is great. Employees work hard, but are also able to have fun during various office events with food and activities. Weekly one-on-one meetings with manager allow for open, productive communication and alignment. There is opportunity for growth within the company. True to our core values, we love what we do and the sky is the limit.
Pros
Culture, people, location, new building, meal discount
Don't do it. It is not worth the loss of your time.
General Manager/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 12, 2018
3 weeks working open to close for 5 days a week, opening the other 2 days.
Stores in poor conditions and supervisors who don't care.
It wasn't worth my health.
Benefits
Cons
Upper management does not follow the Companies core values. No follow thru or delivery on promises.
nice workplace but low pay
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 28, 2018
for what you have to do in the run of a day the pay should definitely be higher. you always have to be on call and if there are no managers to cover the shift the GM has to work on days off or doubles
Pros
create your own schedule
Cons
calls on days off, must always be available
Overworked employees, unorganized
Office (Current Employee) –  Grand RapidsJanuary 10, 2018
Employees work extremely hard and long hours. Overworked employees. The company continues to grow with multiple, large acquisitions within a few months of eachother, yet lacks in hiring to help support the growth. VERY High turnover where you are unsure who is an old employee, new employee, or temp. Lacks diversity and losing good employees. Wish their was more organization, development, and better project management.
Pros
Great location and good coworkers
Cons
Work/life balance, continued growth of company - not employees
Management issues
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Not a bad company need to work on people and work place relationship. Need to strengthen their manager position and work on building a more family environment inside the work place
Great coworkers and fun environment and Location
In office (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 12, 2017
The amazing building and fancy words to describe their core values do not make up for low benefits and lack of opportunity. Rather clicky with specific department. Left for better opportunity.
Pros
Great coworkers, building, and food perks
Cons
stressful, bad benefits, lack of opportunity to excel and grow
High production
Accounts Payable Supervisor - Contract Employee (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 22, 2017
Very fast paced. Every Minute of every day is used. Very hard job at times. Needs more policy and procedures. Month End can be long hours. Extreme amount of emails to process.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Little autonomy
Not a good company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 8, 2017
Not a good company..company has bad business practice..just really don't like this company...I've lost so much when this company took over..very sad..you don't care about the workers..only your pockets
laid back fun environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 2, 2017
I really enjoyed working at wendy's it was very laid back easy work maintain the people were nice it was fun and productive just didn't like the pay after awhile.
Pros
free lunch and fun
Cons
no benefits
Productive/Fun environment to work in
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 7, 2017
Great location
Great executive team
Continually looking for areas for growth for the company
Many days were turned into fun events for the entire office
Loved my crew
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Green Cove Springs, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Wish I had better benifits. The experience was great and Wendys is a brand I believe in. They need better insurance and better pay though.
Awesome culture, growing company, lots of room for learning
HR Generalist - Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 26, 2015
Meritage is a growing company that sets high goals. The culture is one of the best parts of Meritage. Coworkers are fun to work with and management is enjoyable. There is always "more to do," so you never have to worry about running out of work. This allows for many learning opportunities. Employees are able to see the results of their work, which is very satisfying. This company is one that I would recommend to job seekers!
Pros
Work-life balance, fun company events, high energy employees
Cons
No 401K, No formalized orientation, No formal trainings
Opportunity for Growth within a Quality Orgainzation
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 26, 2015
Meritage is an extremely dynamic workplace, that I love coming to every day. On a typical day, the casual work environment creates an open atmosphere for the exchange of ideas and the ability to make a difference.

Management is flexible to change and willing to listen to new ideas on how to approach your workflow. The industry is constantly changing, so the culture of change is definitely present in the day-to-day.

Meritage has a consistent pattern of hiring really qualified individuals, that fit well into the company culture. The change we make on a daily basis to over 150 restaurants is crucial, so having a unified force is important. As employees, we get rewarded really well with holidays, office parties, and a fun work environment. Having co-workers who all enjoy that makes coming to work THAT much better.

The hardest part of working for this company is that we're constantly growing. If you aren't open to change, this may not be the place for you. But if you like a challenge, and to push yourself to do better, you won't get bored here.

I really enjoy that there's opportunity for growth. Within your position as a professional, but also the ability to promote within. This is a great company to grow in your career with and really find a quality employer to call home.
Pros
Flexible work environment, fun work environment, transparent management, competitive total rewards
Meritage
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 17, 2014
I spend most of my time throughout the day working on projects, and planning changes/advancements .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meritage Hospitality Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight