Meritas Health Corporation Employee Reviews

hostile work environment
Patient Service Representative/ENT (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 11, 2018
management favoritism.
when concerns were brought to clinic manager they went unaddressed.
coordinator was hostile and a bully. would point out things then do those same things herself.
it is an ok place to work if you are just starting out
Patient Accounts Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  KansasMay 23, 2018
It is an ok place to work if you are just starting out and need to get your foot in the door.
The management at the supervisor level leaves a lot to be desired, I did learn a lot about the back office side of the doctors office, as well as learning to work as a team with very different backgrounds.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
poor management at the supervisor level
Low morale
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 22, 2018
My particular practice was fraught with high employee turnover, low employee morale, lack of communication and teamwork. Management displays lack of appreciation for and recognition of employees, who are viewed as easily replaceable.
Lack of compassion,lack of lack of management responsibility and accountability
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOMay 12, 2018
INADEQUATE IN LEADERSHIP poor management you were never keep in the loop on who would be absent or on vacation/PTO this location lacks communication skills. Overworked staff.

Good work days were hard to come by due to lack of communication to each other as a team. Current manager lacks management skills to discuss current issues in this office there is no team work environment. The hardest part of this job was the company suffers from very low employee morale. Needs to improve the employees morale.

There are great people who work here. There should be more acknowledgement and appreciation to those who are there doing their job. They all need positive acknowledgement.
Pros
free lunches Monday-Thursday
Cons
Needs a full time office manager not a part-time pop in manager!
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 22, 2018
The Team at Meritas health Cardiology is an excellent place to work for RNs, LPNs, and medical assistants. They are very supportive of their staff. It is a great place and I highly recommend it!
Good Company, Bad Manager
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 22, 2018
Very much enjoyed my work at Meritas Express. I would have stayed permanently except for the constant nit-picking of my manager. Numerous good employees had quit around the time I was hired and I was warned. After leaving Meritas I still keep in touch with my good friends there. Great company but be careful about who you sign up to work with.
Pros
good wages, retirement, and insurance.
Cons
Quick growth has resuted some questionable management
Meritas Health Corp
LPN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 6, 2018
Not all managers are the same. This job is very fast paced and can be fun. The manager I worked with did not seem to know where to place everyone and I ended up with my schedule being changed 6 times in less than 3 months. My duties also changed from rooming patients to being the triage nurse. My pay never increased with the change of roles I got.
Pros
In my office we had free lunches most days
Cons
Unorganized
Ok place to work
CMA (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 15, 2018
They add more and more to daily tasks. Low pay for what we do. Benefits are pretty good. They change rules based on what benefits them. Management plays favorites. Free lunches. Lots of hours so good overtime. Doctors are nice.
Pros
Free lunches
Poor Management
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 1, 2018
There is a lack of courageous leadership. Management would benefit from Leadership courses. The employees are very unprofessional and there is a lack of teamwork and motivation.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Unqualified leadership
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 19, 2017
When i would get to work i would pull up my patients for the day, typically i had about 10-15 patients a day, in between patients i would return patients calls who have called or i would refill medications for patients. Working there required me to multitask a lot.
Pros
great hours
Cons
not understanding

Want to know more about Meritas Health Corporation?

Ask a question
Coworkers are fun and helpful
Referral Coordinator/ Patient Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 7, 2017
Coworkers are fun to be around. They are very resourceful. Hardest part of the job is understanding what the doctors are actually wanting done. The most enjoyable part of the day are the patients.
Patient Service Rep Review
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOSeptember 3, 2017
Meritas Health Cardiology is a good entry-level place to work if one wants to gain healthcare experience. However, the doors are closed tight in supervisor and upper management positions. The company does promote from within, but it is difficult to move up if you disrupt the status quo. I recommend taking a job here on a temporary basis.
Pros
Easy entry-level job, only as challenging as you want it to be
Cons
Micromanagement, lack of adequate office supplies and ergonomics, popularity-based promotions, no room to grow
fast paced and rewarding
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  MissouriAugust 7, 2017
Fast paced and rewarding - every day was a new challenge and learning experience. Hospital environment was very health oriented and had programs geared to learning about and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Pros
hospital environment - health oriented
Cons
parking
Not a bad palce to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 25, 2017
The patients make my work rewarding. I love going through the pregnancy process with them, there are those days that are hard, due to pregnancy losses, and those women that have a hard time conceiving, but the good out weighs the bad.
Productive and fun place to work
Insurance Associate Lead (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 6, 2017
I worked at Meritas for almost 11 years and enjoyed every minute of it. Great employees and managers. I worked with the company during lots of change. I feel they did their best on communicating with the employees.
Meritas Health
Clinic Lead and APRN (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOMay 3, 2017
The company has great benefits and pay, but lacks in over site and upper management. Everyone you work with is overwhelmed in their own job duties and daily tasks, and there is a lot of in office politics I could have done without. There is a high turnover among management personal and only one HR manager to report to. I believe the company has a great vision and mission, but lacks in hiring enough HR and Management personal with the right experience necessary to complete the high expectations tasked to them.
Pros
great pay
Cons
poor management and organization
Gained no further experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 2, 2017
I wasn't able to gain the experience I intended to. My daily tasks consisted of filing and/or organizing. I was always put in a room by myself to look over expired medical records or x-ray files. It wasn't the welcoming place I had hoped for during my internship.
Patients were awesome
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOApril 2, 2017
I loved working for meritas. I enjoy the doctors and the patients. I love assisting the doctors with procedures. Management needed some help. Coworkers were a little lazy.
Pros
Pharmacy lunches
Cons
Office manager
Employees and doctor fun to work with
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 30, 2017
Rude HR people too many rules that aren't reasonable. Atypical work day was no stop. Meritas didn't understand you can't see 80 year ols in 15 min and complained about overtime
great place to work!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 27, 2017
Management is great for all of the managers.
hours doing any job are reasonable.
Always room for improvement.
Employees are helpful when needed and you never get bored.