Meritus Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It was not a good place to work
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 20, 2018
I would not recommend the Evs department to anyone.. The second shift manager sets and does nothing.. She will be friendly to your face and talk about you the next.. If you don’t fit in the click they tell lies of you.. I went to the director of our department with me a problem, He Gave me every reason under the sun why he was not going to fix the problem..He believes what everyone tells him, so if someone does not like you, all they have to do is tell him you did or said something and he believes them.. You have the night secretary that comes in, punches in then goes get her dinner while she is on no break or lunch .. Orders people around.. Treats people like dirt.. The only goood thing I have to say is the pay, benefits are what they have going do for them..
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Not a good place to work
Clinical Observer (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 26, 2018
Terrible place to work. I love my patients and helping them was very rewarding. This place has its many cliches. The managers will lie to cover there own back and do not take care of there employees. If you are going to work here be prepared to fend for yourself with absolutely no support from management. Favoritism is a big thing at Meritus. They either like you or they don’t and there’s no rhyme or reason to it. You could be the most dedicated employee and work 12 days straight (yes I’ve done that) but you are disposable to them, by far the worst management I have ever worked for.
Bad place to work
Part-time IV Infusion RN (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMay 8, 2018
Bad management with favoritism to certain people.
Understaffed and unrealistic expectations in work environment. Manager heartless and listens to gossip he is not qualified for this position.
n/a
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 11, 2018
Great place to work. hospital currently going through changes and I am seeking an opportunity for growth while transitioning into an RN role. enjoyed co workers.
WCH was great, Meritus not at all
administrative (Former Employee) –  a few areasNovember 21, 2017
WCH was great including AHS when Meritus took over, and the medical group went to Meritus, it really went down hill. Work you like a dog and not even a thank you. The senior leaders are bullies, you have to use YOUR OWN time to cover holidays, mid level managers were leaving left and right one after the other. They have job openings from 6 months ago and some jobs are open over and over. There is so much turn over because other area facilities pay better, have better benefits and good leadership. There is no training how to do your job you are thrown into it and expected to know and don't mess up or they are in your face. Some areas are good old boy style management esp. on the doctor office side, not so much the hospital. WCH and AHS people where happy at work, Meritus, they all walk around like zombies, the morale is really bad, patients even comment on it. No one trusts anyone else, senior leaders need to really listen to staff and take action!
Pros
tuiton assistance
Cons
bully leaders, no respect, cut throat, poor pay
Productive and challenging place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 23, 2017
This is a great place to work with the opportunity for a challenging and interesting workday! The physicians are positive and always willing to educate you on new procedures and challenges.
Pros
Lots of drug representative lunches provided.
Cons
No breaks allowed other than 30 minute lunch
Horrible place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 16, 2017
Very short staffed. They put numbers before patient safety. RN's will have 8-9 patient assignments. Very few experienced RN on staff. Very high turnover rate. Nurse's stay only a year or so. Don't risk putting your license in jepordy to work here. There are other places to work that pay better and have better staffing ratios.
Pros
Cons
Not enough RN's. Mangement doesn't care.
Poor communication, poor management
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 14, 2017
Would not recommend working for this facility. Very weak management style and poor communication by the educator and managers, esp. in the OR. Hospital wide there are inconsistent and unclear policies. Unwilling to go to bat for hard working employees. Very disappointed in my experience with this facility.
Pros
Hard working staff, Breaks and lunches provided regularly
Cons
Weak policy communication, Poor manager communication, weak management style, managers don't support working staff
Okay
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 25, 2017
Management heavy, but friendly environment.
Employees care and do a good job caring for patients. Patients tend to have entitlement and expect a lot.
Pros
team work
Cons
patient entitlement
Nice place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/ (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2017
When I worked for on assignment I had plenty of assignments they make sure they keep you working.they make sure you fit the needs of the patient's. If you work on your day off-they make sure you get pay for every hour
Pros
Sometimes free lunch
Benefits
Relaxed culture
Exercise Physiologist, Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehab (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMay 27, 2017
Meritus is a good place to work. There is a lot of support and the benefits are competitive. There is not alot of room for upward movement. Not a great deal of interaction between departments.
Great company
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDApril 27, 2017
Only employed with for a short time due to working under an internship, but enjoyed my time there. Great benefits for full time employees as well. I would work there again if had the opportunity.
Good place to learn
Senior Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 17, 2017
It was a relatively new company with much to learn, but it was a good place to learn and show my leadership capabilities. Heavy call volume on a daily basis, mostly with unhappy members which caused a steady turnover rate.
Bad management, favoritism
CMA (Former Employee) –  Urgent careApril 13, 2017
I would not recommend to anyone. Too many cliches. The management doesn't help train for the facility and expectations are unrealistic. Micromanage with little training.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, bad management
Good workplace
EMS (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDApril 6, 2017
Overall I enjoyed working at Meritus hospital. My co-workers were very nice and management was helpful. I thought it was a clean place to work and they had holiday parties to keep cleaning morale up.
Pros
pleasant workplace
Cons
expensive cafeteria
Enjoyable job that provided room for growth
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 28, 2017
This job has been the best job I have had in my life, training was always provided in growing, help was needed in difficult situations. Very friendly environment and enjoyed every person I worked with.
Pros
Growth in knowledge
Cons
no more work left
Former emp!oyee 2013
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMarch 15, 2017
When the hospital was part of Washington County, it was a great place to work. Since then, the atmosphere was going down. High turnover, short staffed, not about patient care. It is how the hospital looks to the community .
Pros
no a thing
Cons
eveything
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 6, 2016
A typical day at work is very hectic. They are very short staffed. The staff that work there are amazing they work very well as a team.
Pros
great experience
Cons
short staffed
Money is very tight so some employees in facilities have not had a raise in over 6 years!
Boiler Operator (Former Employee) –  HagerstownAugust 14, 2016
Co workers were great, some favoritism. Some employees are not held accountable for their actions or lack of action. Pay not very good. Benefits were ok. Seemed like some staff would look down on facilities employees until they needed something j
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
No money
Good job horrible management
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMay 5, 2016
A good job to have but the evs management will ruin it for you. All they do is sit on they a**and pretend to work. All they care about is getting there bonuses.A nice hospital thats covers up the bad working conditions
Pros
Some cool people
Cons
Nothing but airheads in mangement, No place for advancement