Meriwest Credit Union Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Working at Meriwest was fun.
Lead Certified Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 11, 2018
Working at Meriwest Credit Union was fun and exciting. I used to have a smile on my face on my way to work in the morning. They treat you like a person and not a number.
Pros
Free coffee and lunch once in a while
Cons
Small organization. Limited career growth.
Finance Institution
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 30, 2017
This was an average financial institution in Tucson, AZ. Regional manager said that if law enforcement didn't work out to come back so they could rehire me. But, they left Tucson and sold to another institution before I could reapply.
Great Place to Work
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 13, 2017
Meriwest is a great place to work for.

They really care about the staff and encourage a work/life balance. The benefits are good and the company has monthly employee events.
Great organization to work for
Current staff member (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 7, 2017
Credit Union has a positive atmosphere and has employee appreciation events all throughout the year. It is more of a family atmosphere here which is something employees really like. Progressive organization always looking for ways to improve upon processes.
Benefits
A great place to work.
IT Helpdesk (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 26, 2015
Meriwest Credit Union makes you feel like part of a family. Its been a delightful experience. the company buys me lunch regularly its great.
Not a fun place to work
COMMERCIAL LOAN OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 23, 2015
VP of Business Banking is so horrible. She is not greeting or smiling with anyone. She is so mess up with her head, thoughts and actions. Management is so ridiculous. My seven months work there nothing but stress.
Pros
Cons
Health care
Meriwest really cares about the needs of their members. This is a great company to work for!
Support Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 21, 2015
My co-workers were great to work with. We were a team, working together to provide exceptional service to the member. Management was professional and very supportive of cross training in other areas of the Credit Union.
Pros
Employee Accounts, Employee Mortgage Rates
Cons
Healthcare
fun place to work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 21, 2013
When I worked at this company, I have learned a lot from co-workers,
and manager. I learned accounting is a team work, to be a good team player, we must support each other.
Positive, Encouraging Atmosphere
FSR II (Current Employee) –  CAJanuary 10, 2012
A Credit Union with its Members' needs directly integrated into its daily operations makes working at Meriwest easy when you love to help people. The best aspect of this Member-Owned company is their Training Dept. Staffed with incredible people, the available training classes, online courses and support is beyond amazing! The HR department is also a very impressive group of people who truly care about each and every employee's well being, professionally and personally. You'll never find a better support team. I personally believe there is little room to advance if you work beneath a Supervisor/Lead. There are no official Supervisor or official Lead positions to advance to outside of the Main Branch unless you were a Lead position from a merger and with no raises the last 5 years, it's hard to keep positive that you will move on from the same position.
Pros
employee and member focused
Cons
no supervisor positions, only lateral movements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meriwest Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Meriwest Credit Union Reviews by Location