Merkle, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good Place to Start a Career
SEM Analyst, Merkle (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 27, 2018
I found Merkle to be a good place to start my career. They provided strong training for the job. I just didn't enjoy the agency concept with multiple clients and wanted to advance my career with a focus on one company doing something that matters to me.
Fast-Paced, Cut Throat, Methodical Work
Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 12, 2018
My experience here was not favorable. The position that was outlined in the job description was not similar to what my daily tasks ended up being. Very robotic, methodical work.

The client was cool, but you didn't have much connection to what you were actually doing.
Pros
Good Client Experience, Good People
Cons
Monotonous work, Lacked Clear Process
Watch your back.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 7, 2018
I was an account manager in SLC during the Merkle acquisition of Axis 41. Merkle bought Axis for AEM and that is it. The marketing team gets next to nothing done and lies about everything. When they are not losing accounts they are busy infighting and playing favorites.

The management is inept and passive aggressive. Trust me it is not a stable job unless you are a programmer or designer.
Pros
pay, break room, location
Cons
Hr, management, stability
My area your work hour schedule could be worked with.
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDApril 6, 2018
It is a very fast paced environment, errors are not to be made which makes it very stressful. However it is a laid back environment. I feel if your not a favorite then they always pick you to go to another department to do their work.
Pros
2 free 15 minute breaks
Cons
No smoking on property. You can’t leave the property on your breaks so you can only smoke on lunch.
No life
Email (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 4, 2018
You'll have no life working here and management can get aggressive. Not a great work life - expectations are too high and people are always on their toes.
Great Culture, Benefits, & People
Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 26, 2018
I really enjoyed my time there. The company treats its employees like adults, the work was interesting, my coworkers were smart and generally had the client's best interest in mind, the benefits and compensation were at or above industry level, most executives were extremely competent, and the company was very open about its performance and plans. On the downside, the quality of mid-level management varied wildly, and if you're looking for lots of coaching/training you may want to look elsewhere.
Pros
coworkers, variability of projects, transparency, compensation
Cons
coaching/mentoring is often minimal
Stressful workplace
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 22, 2018
Too short time for too many deliverables. Not enough training for new employees. To save money, too many fresh out of college students were hired without sufficient training.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
lack of work and life balance
Fraternity of Mediocrity
SVP Client Partner (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 21, 2018
Leadership was more like a fraternity than talented people building a business. Unicorn account objectives magically bestowed upon producers. A lot of individually talented people, however little to no accountability and spread way too thin. A sales machine that does lots of overpromising and under delivering.
No culture and poor management
Manger (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 16, 2018
This company has very little culture with it. You sit among peers but the environment says to send emails and chats vs getting up and talking to someone.
If you want to hang out after work, you need to already be friends otherwise it will not happen.
Company events? Only if you count meetings as company events.
Raises? Only if you count a raise as more work, with no additional pay.
Security of position? None unless you throw other people under the bus.
In my time there I saw one third to half of members of the different teams leave for various reason. The turn over rate is very high.
Work hard but not rewarded
Senior Production Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 9, 2018
Being in the same position after 15 years is disheartening, even after coming up with ways to save or make the company money. You're not rewarded for going above and beyond.
Pros
Coworkers
Fine place
Build & Release Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 28, 2018
Everyone are very helpful and more team coordinated, and I liked the workplace a lot, and manager was very open to accept new ideas which helped me to think in my way.
Cut throat poor management
Checks (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDFebruary 25, 2018
Terrible job and the upper management is terrible why do you think you have such a big turn over I'm def writing to main office bad business no customer delight or and treat employees terrible..I ave listened to 2 employees complain about the same situations over and over again terrible employee communication
By all mean call me
Pros
Cons
Terrible
Data entry
Data entry (Former Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 25, 2018
First time ever working for a company like Merkle. They gave me a chance even though I had no experience. I was pregnant during the duration that I worked here so I would be sitting down. Paid $12 an hour to type in check amounts, check numbers and even be able to listen to my iPod while working? Yes, please :).
Fun place to work
Senior Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 23, 2018
Stressful at times but people are really nice and technological advancement is a prospect with enough visibility and resources for career development.
Boys club
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDFebruary 12, 2018
Company was run by best friends who loved to work hard and party a lot. The party part was too much and destroyed a lot of relationships as well as drove good, professional people away.
Pros
Privately held, flexibility
Cons
Stressful, not equitable treatment of employees
Mekle
Fundraising Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDFebruary 9, 2018
Import donations to databases; select files for direct marketing; data cleanup; client contact.
Management was not always as supportive as they should have been.
Okay to work as a freelancer
Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2018
I don't have a lot to say about Merkle because I was there as a freelancer. I don't know how things are as a full-time employee. The people in the office are nice enough
great workers
Operator (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJanuary 30, 2018
This particular mailing company had some of the hardest and great workers I have ever met always willing to work long hard hours and contributing to the company in any way they can.
Pros
as many hour as you need to make ends meet
Job Description is inaccurate, Training lacks
Media Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 21, 2018
Your job description doesn't highlight your day to day duties. Merkle Minneapolis hired too many people with too little experience, which made the job experience less than pleasant for everyone involved. They throw a ton of information for you up front, then leave you to drown when a task is assigned. The proper training is not there and unless you never want to know what you're doing, I do not recommend working here.
Pros
Work/Life balance, starting pay, unlimited PTO
Cons
No overtime pay, lack of training, minimal room for advancement
Great production company and performance
Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 4, 2018
Very wonderful place to work with team members, working hours, great pay. The company is a very clean, comfortable and pleasant environment place to work. Managers and team members all work together amazing and awesome.
Pros
Monday thru Friday work shifts
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merkle, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.8Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight