Merkle, Inc. Employee Reviews

Busy
Representative (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 30, 2019
I would work there again just not in the department i was in. The call center did not have a great manager, she hypocritically did things and felt she did no wrongdoing.
Other team lead were awesome they are what made it d doable
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 26, 2019
Nice place to work, works there for a very long time. Left because of hours. Indecent work . Computer work. Okay manager. Could you better benefits for staff
Great Place, Great People
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 17, 2019
The team that I worked on is making a huge technological shift to all very-modern technology. So it's been an exciting time and there have been lots of challenges along the way. I've learned a lot, and the teammates I have are all awesome. It's a great place to work!
Pros
People are knowledgeable and good to work alongside, Managers are reasonable, Lots of opportunities to learn more
Cons
Snack closet got smaller
Great Place to Work
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2019
Excellent place to work. Smart people, excellent clients. Often at the cutting edge of marketing and media strategy. However, very, very focused on the bottom line. Missing a number is not an option. challenges with keeping up with executing on new marketing trends.
Pros
Smart people, excellent management, great client list, room for career advancement, enlightened HR, plenty of training options.
Cons
Reporting requirements too time consuming; getting project support can be a challenge.
company
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 3, 2018
Family Atmosphere- Family comes first, and they strive to make you part of a work family. They truly care about you both professionally and personally. They have very fun work environment and encourage methods of lowering stress levels. Upper management is easy to talk to and receptive to new ideas. They offer lots of perks, they may seem little but they really add up. That Company also ensures that "training" is …
Nice Place
Accounts Payables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 4, 2018
Merkle was a nice place to work, people were nice. Work was good, benefits were average at best. Authority structure is set and can be quite tense. Overall nice place.
Great Teams and Teammates help accomplish more
Associate Director Project Management, Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJOctober 3, 2018
Great Company to work for . I enjoyed my time with our clinet and our diverse teams all working to achieve the same goal. Our goal was to exceed client expectations and we di so through strong teamwork as well as accurate consistent delivery of our products and Services.
Productive and fun environment with a pool table
SQL Sr. Developer (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MASeptember 5, 2018
Plenty of work. Always busy. Opportunity to work from home when needed. Some great people to work with and learn from. Social gatherings at the office each month are great.
Pros
Good pay. Good people.
Cons
Work life balance could be better.
Axis41 took a huge cultural hit when it was bought out
Senior Content Strategist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 31, 2018
Axis41 had its challenges, but at least it was small enough that you felt a sense of camaraderie and pride. Some management was awesome, some was downright jealous of anything he couldn't claim as his own (he's since left, however). I do feel that the owners sold out the employees by "merging" with Merkle. Sorry, no matter how many times you say it was a merging of peers, nobody's going to believe it.
Pros
Interesting client base, cool location
Cons
Pay is just under average, some upper management refused to mentor (even when it was explicitly expected of them)
Great mission but constantly reorganizing
Admin (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 27, 2018
The company was acquired by a larger corp and is constantly reorganizing which causes a lot of disruption. Leadership has done constant re-leveling making it harder to progress in your career.
For me Merkle wasnt the right fit.
NOC Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 13, 2018
Toxic environment. Working in the Noc you where regularly subjected to chauvinistic comments and attitude. Angry , and stressed users on a regular basis. Verbal abuse seems to be the norm. On the other side of the coin if you enjoy chaos, and are accepted into the boys club of Merkle you can learn alot.
Pros
Possiblility to learn alot if you can keep up with the chaos.
Cons
Toxic waste environment. Prepare yourself. CEO is a Gordon Gecko type.
Overall a good company with great people
Director, Analytics (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 12, 2018
Change is the norm. High intensity work environment, Projects are often under-resourced making quality delivery challenging and placing a good deal of pressure on staff.
Pros
Culture, people
Cons
Change is constant
Very poor place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 9, 2018
Very poor place to work. Management was very poor there always we'er yelling at people. Work load was way to much to the number of employers that they had. We had very short breaks.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay
good for reliable and flexible hours
Mail Cager/Processor (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MD 21740May 30, 2018
easygoing day. fast paced independent work environment. data entry skills. not physically demanding mostly desk work with the exception of lifting and carrying mail trays
Nickname "Workle"
SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 21, 2018
Merkle is a very fast-paced and culturally diverse global organization. Technology solutions are the driver of revenue here, so we are always at the cutting edge for our solutions. That is as much it's greatest strength as it is it's greatest weakness. There is always something to do, always something to learn, but it comes at the cost of your personal time and gray hairs as the constant changing environment creates a large lack of procedure. Management and team are typically very flexible but also tend to be lax.
Pros
Fast paced, always something new to learn
Cons
Always more on your plate than you can chew
Good Place to Start a Career
SEM Analyst, Merkle (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 27, 2018
I found Merkle to be a good place to start my career. They provided strong training for the job. I just didn't enjoy the agency concept with multiple clients and wanted to advance my career with a focus on one company doing something that matters to me.
Fast-Paced, Cut Throat, Methodical Work
Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 12, 2018
My experience here was not favorable. The position that was outlined in the job description was not similar to what my daily tasks ended up being. Very robotic, methodical work.

The client was cool, but you didn't have much connection to what you were actually doing.
Pros
Good Client Experience, Good People
Cons
Monotonous work, Lacked Clear Process
Watch your back.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 7, 2018
I was an account manager in SLC during the Merkle acquisition of Axis 41. Merkle bought Axis for AEM and that is it. The marketing team gets next to nothing done and lies about everything. When they are not losing accounts they are busy infighting and playing favorites.

The management is inept and passive aggressive. Trust me it is not a stable job unless you are a programmer or designer.
Pros
pay, break room, location
Cons
Hr, management, stability
My area your work hour schedule could be worked with.
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDApril 6, 2018
It is a very fast paced environment, errors are not to be made which makes it very stressful. However it is a laid back environment. I feel if your not a favorite then they always pick you to go to another department to do their work.
Pros
2 free 15 minute breaks
Cons
No smoking on property. You can’t leave the property on your breaks so you can only smoke on lunch.
No life
Email (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 4, 2018
You'll have no life working here and management can get aggressive. Not a great work life - expectations are too high and people are always on their toes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merkle, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss