Merola Tile

Merola Tile Employee Reviews

Merola Tile insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Energizing work tasks

Fair workplace with a great company culture

Management makes a conscious effort to appreciate and develop the employees. There are a lot of opportunities to challenge yourself and take on additional responsibilities and have your work be recognized. The culture is very welcoming and there is a great deal of respect among peers. Expectations are fair and employees are held accountable for their work. Benefits are acceptable. Could be better, could be worse. Salaries are fair for roles and the region.

Worst than working for a cooperate office

Worst place by far to work. Don’t let their “positive” act fool you, it doesn’t last long. Be prepared to be taken advantage of, they are big on that. Don’t go above what your job description is, it will go unnoticed and they will expect more than what you put out.

Great Company Culture

Team is great and very friendly, they care about your career and try to help out the most they can. They notice when you work hard and appreciate you as a team member.

Pros

Free Lunches multiple days a week

Cons

Very hot during summer in warehouse

Great People-Great Culture-Great Company!

Very warm and inviting company culture; incredible sense of collaboration between departments-everybody in Manalapan works together to ensure the company's success, and quarterly bonuses are paid to every employee when the company does succeed. Upper management listens to the worker's concerns and actually makes changes based on worker's feedback. Very strong "family" feel; hardest working but happiest people I've ever worked with. People are great, very friendly and company is growing at a very fast pace, so opportunities for advancement abound!

Pros

Free coffee, fruit, snacks, and lunch at least once a week!

Cons

Only Whole milk for coffee-no Almond Milk-lol

Great Opportunities!!

Great environment with very friendly people! Lots of opportunity to advance within the company. Premium pay for warehouse work in this area. John Merola doesn't just own the company, he cares very deeply for it as well! Fun company events and raffles for prizes at company meetings. At least one free lunch every week!

Pros

good pay, friendly environment, great management, great opportunities

Cons

hot in the summer

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Clueless I wish I could give them a negative rating

Bad management poor culture practice what you preach ***fundamentals are a joke if only upper management followed their own rules and stop with the UTO why give us any if we can't use

Cons

Managers. PTO

over worked and underpaid

this job sucks, don't bother unless you need something to just hold you over until the next one. free fruit is the only plus. underpaid, under valued, and over worked. strict no late and don't get sick policy, not respectful about weather and emergencies. The same job I was hired for has been available for 5+ years now on here. Either people don't stick or they are doing employment fishing.

Pros

free fruit andf free coffee

Cons

everything

Best Company I’ve ever worked for.

The company has a strong positive culture. The base of our culture is our Fundamentals. These are the rules we live and work by. Everyone from our CEO to the front line staff practices them every day.We have grown from 40 people in 2016 to over 107 in 2020. We are growing Ike crazy and everyone received 2 week performance bonus’s this year due to our efforts. The company also gave an extra week of pay for the Holidays. Leadership works hard every day to help us be a Top Workplace.

Pros

The people, the culture and the opportunities.

Cons

Company paid lunch twice per week.

NJ Best - Top Workplace 2019 & 2020

The leadership at Merola Tile is dedicated to the staff. They come to work everyday to find and think of ways to support and develop their teams. Super friendly family environment. So many opportunities for promotion and to learn new skills. Thru COVID they have been buying lunch every day for much of the staff to support local restaurants.. This place cares and it shows.

Pros

Supportive Leadership

Cons

Poor attitudes don't apply- you wont make it.

Best job Ive ever had

Everyone is friendly, leadership team cares and value your opinions. During COVID the company has gone above and beyond to make sure employees feel safe and comfortable. This is not a new thing. I work on a great team and everyone is trying to help each other everyday.

Pros

Free lunches, great company culture

Cons

Benefits could be better

They Treat you like DIRT!

Horrible place they call themselves a family business but will treat you like you aren’t. They are one of the worst places I’ve ever worked at. Disgusting.

Best Warehouse to work at in NJ!

This place is fantastic. The work is challenging yet easy. If you show dedication and an attempt to learn and better yourself it will not go unnoticed! The people here are incredibly friendly including John Merola himself! Free pizza every Wednesday, BBQ’s or something different and special once a month at our company meeting! Giveaways and even a Referral compensation! Like every job there will be a few downsides but it’s normal. I can only say good things about my job here and I hope to stay here for a very long time.

Owner

I will admit that he was one of the best bosses I've had to work with. He helped his workers achieve high talents. If didn't relocate I would still be there.

Business continues to grow

Fast pack works, nice people, good fundamental culture, free pizza every Wednesday. Lot of opportunities over there. Good Christmas party each year.

Great Company to Grow With

An amazing place to work for with a great work culture. Management really makes an effort to make sure that their teams feel valued and appreciated while also challenging them. All colleagues are respected equally amongst each other and everyone is effortlessly willing to help one another. Working here will definitely enhance your skills and challenge you in different ways. Many opportunities for growth.

Pros

Great management and team, benefits/incentives

Great Company

This is a great company to work for, there is a lot of room for advancement so if you're looking for a place where you can grow or advance in your career then this is the place to do it. Management team is supportive and is always guiding you in the right direction. All the employees really make it an amazing place to work and the culture here is definitely welcoming. Competitive pay and great benefits/incentives.

Pros

Great benefits, culture and teams

Worst place I have worked

This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. The management is absolutely cult like and the culture is just awful. Zero transparency or honesty. They degrade, humiliate and bring down their employees constantly. Turnover is rampant, people only work here for a very short time then quickly leave. Low pay, terrible benefits, zero room for growth.

This company is a disaster

This company operates like a cult. The managers exist solely to appease the president. This company has gone through multiple VPs and countless employees. The turnover rate is extremely high. Go and read the reviews on Glassdoor before even wasting your time applying.

Unfortunate

This was an awesome place to work for the better part of 7 months. Things changed in a hurry. This company decided to move and place the wrong managers in the wrong places. This created horrible turmoil and a major displacement within the employees drive to be productive. Ultimately the owner dismissed and fired a large group of very dedicated employees. The team that was let go was a very strong well oiled machine that made everyday pretty flawless. It’s a shame people are not appreciated for what they do or contribute.

Working for the Samples Department

Management is horrible. Always uncomfortable feeling like a caged animal being stared at. Too much talking about personal issues instead of working.No time management for when orders need to be shipped or made. Never any supplies needed to do the job. too much favoritism. Any person who grew up the right way does not need to learn the fundamentals.Break out meetings in the mornings are just a waste of time along with reading the Life Hacks and sign language.This place is a joke!!! Management needs to PRACTICE what they preach!

Poor management

A culture lacking trust. Different rules for different people. Trust no one. Inexperienced managers who had you do double work to prove they were in charge.

Pros

Descent pay

Cons

Trust no one!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merola Tile. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Merola Tile