Merrill Gardens Employee Reviews

Lovely facility and clients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Belllingham WAApril 13, 2018
Enjoyed my time working with clients and family members. Was assigned to Memory Unit and learned a lot and enjoyed the people who I cared for. The facility was very clean and my coworkers were genuinely nice people all willing to give the best care possible to the people they helped.
Horrible place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  ChampionsGate, FLApril 6, 2018
Merrill Gardens is the worst company I've ever worked for. They only care about the MONEY, the residents mean nothing to them. Their focus is to control and belittle people. If you're not a brown noser, you will never advance in that company, if you're Black or Hispanic. You will always be at the bottom of the toting pole.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Disrespectful, condescending and unprofessional.
a good company
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZFebruary 22, 2018
this is a good company
the job was a crazy not a lot of help I was stuck doing most of it
the community was amazing
staff was good management was okay
Great
Regional Director of Quality Service (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 18, 2018
I enjoyed this work place the team and what I learned. The management was very relaxed. The hardest was learning something new and understanding the senior world.
Company Is A Good One
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAFebruary 8, 2018
Staff members are dedicated to their job. The work is typical of a CNA and you stay busy during your shift. Management could be a bit more sensitive to the needs of employees, however.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Salary
Love my job
Dietary Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 27, 2018
I was successful in leasing up the facility from 43 residence 140 residents. Was always in budget had happy staff and happy residence and happy managers until they decided to cut and look at ways to save money during the 2008 crash. I was always given kudos and accolades from management as well as residents and residents family members.
Pros
great place to work Beautiful building
Cons
2008 crash
Would not recommend working for this company
Move-In Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 25, 2018
Typical day was busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was the residents. The structure of the company is unorganized and training was minimal. I didn't like the stress and threats they put on the sales team.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare benefits, lack of structure and organization
terrible place to work, employees treated unfairly
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAJanuary 19, 2018
Was bullied by Business Manager who bulled other employees as well. Was a very uncomfortable and toxic environment.
Loved working with the residents, had 100% attendance.
Director knew there were problems but did nothing,
n/a
retirement center- Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 18, 2018
nothing special its just a basic job. good for temporary employment not long term. opportunities for advancement are scare unless you transfer to different locations when you want to move up.
Nice place to work
Community Relations Director (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Merrill Gardens has sold its interest in the Lancaster property. It was a fun environment to work and there was a great team spirit. The best part of the job was the residents and all their personalities.
Pros
Great place to work. Fun
Cons
Expensive to live there. Very competitive market
Family Oriented Business
LEAD SERVER (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CA 92545January 17, 2018
Merrill Gardens was like an extension of your family because management always made you feel like you were at home. Despite having the added on stresses of having to reach 100% occupancy there was an undeniable amount of teamwork that helped the company prosper to increase profitability.
Pros
Family oriented, Pto, sick time, flexible.
Cons
no upward mobility, uncompetitive wages, favoritism
Excellent company to work for.
Director of Culinary/Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CADecember 30, 2017
Was hired to fill the Director of Culinary/Executive Chef position. Absolutely love the company and everything about the job. Management and staff were amazing, and very open to culinary diversity and training.
Pros
Leadership without micromanagement, and wonderful resident relations.
Be ready to work
Staff - Maintenance Department (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CADecember 27, 2017
If you have compassion please apply here, the residents need compassionate people on their side who genuinely care about their well being. Be ready to work, and put a big smile on your face as the residents can appreciate a kind face.
Pros
giving back to a generation passing
Cons
working with young childish disrespectful people
Great Place to Work
Regional Director of Quality Service (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 21, 2017
I enjoyed all my time here. The leaders allowed mistakes and instructions on improving. There was a great understanding of your expectation and leaders were transparent.
Fun work place
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLDecember 12, 2017
It was a nice clean environment yet fast paced at times. I learned to be consistent with my teaching and learning. I will always learn more and apply myself to my fullest ability as I have done at fern park.
Pros
I worked alone
Cons
I worked alone
review
Driver / Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2017
awesome work environment , no place for advancement but all around a decent work environment all around. I was appreciate for the opportunity it was an awesome experience .
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZNovember 21, 2017
I have nothing to say it's a new company working there was fine dont ha e a problem with metro gardens
i liked the people there all staff including management
bad place to work at
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Apache Junction, AZNovember 8, 2017
it was the worst place that I had to work at . The management didint care about their emplyes , some of them were favored. it was not a good place to work
Pros
good residents
Cons
poor management
this is the biggest waste of time I have ever seen
Cook (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 5, 2017
I don't feel i should have to explain ever past job I have had to you and what each job is like what is wrong for one person may be right for another like this I have to type at east 150 characters to be able to move on
STUPID
Nice people and staff
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 1, 2017
Days went by quickly and the Administrator was great. They had a good budget and treated everyone fairly. I enjoyed working there but left for a better job,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merrill Gardens. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight