Merrill Gardens
63Average

Merrill Gardens Employee Reviews

United States284 reviews
Featured review
Merrill Gardens selected this as a representative review
Great Company to work for, they take care of their staff. Competitive salary and bonus opportunities. Voted one of the best companies to work for several years in a row.
“The Best Senior Community I’ve proudly worked for”
“We didn’t Have to make so much effort to make a resident happy because they were happy themselves!”

The pay is not the best and they don't give any raise so if you need money this is not the place but if you just need a part time job or money is not an issue it's a good job with decent benefits. Not much room to advance it's like working for a hotel.
One day I reported residents clothes been washed all together miixedup and the manager and the supervisor take me as a bad person, I was not happy ,how they treat residents
It’s a great place ! Enjoy working there .enjoy working with the patient’s. It’s a great location . It’s a great community. The management is awesome.
loved caring for the residents and the interactions with them. The staff is always smiling and takes pleasure in caring fir the residents and doing what is required for best care possible
Horribly understaffed, scheduling is not flexible and they constantly overwork you until you can't work double shifts anymore- thats when you're useless for them. The sous chef is vindictive when you can't work when she wants you too and will give you worse shifts as a result. No pay raise higher then 10%, no chance to move up, no bonuses, no tips, no compensation for all your hard work other then your measly minimum pay. Not worth working here and wasting your time when you can put in just as much work somewhere else and be better recognized.
Management Turnover was Disheartening. No benefits for part-time employees. Raises very minimal I was part time and worked on the weekends. A lot of management wasn’t there on the weekend. Enjoy the employees.
Working at Merrill Gardens can be amazing. Everyday you walk in you have the chance to make a positive difference in someone's life. The residents are amazing (for the most part) and after a while they become like family. Sure they have their not so nice moments, but your working in an assisted living home which means that's going to happen. That's your chance to make a difference. If you're looking for a job that will simply put money in the bank, then this is not the job for you. Please don't even apply if your just looking for money. The residents don't deserve that. You don't get tips. You'll be called in more than you probably think you should. But this is why you can't come in just thinking about the money. The job itself isn't hard. The hardest part is when you serve someone dinner one night and the next day their gone. It's again in those moments you have a chance to make a difference. And it is this mindset that makes the difference in whether or not your coworkers are good or bad. There's been really good servers and there's been really bad ones, and the really bad ones couldn't care less about anyone but themselves. For me, this was my first job, and I haven't had another job since. If you're looking for a place to settle then this is the place for you.
I really like the residents there everyone was friendly and kind and very professional the staff I worked with was amazing and good co-workers really going to miss everyone
I can’t even put into words how teeeivle this place is. If you work here be on guard. There is no security as far as of you’ll have your job tomorrow. I started full time. Saw people quitting left and right. Didn’t think anything of it until I realized that 15 residents and 1 caregivers and 1 med tech is all they had. At times they would have you going to cover different departments. Lots of favoritism The new director doesn’t care how bad things are. Residents are treated poorly.This place should be shut down Management is terrible! I was hired full time. They cut my hours few days before my 90 day was up. I needed the benefits. I contacted corporate and didn’t get anywhere. I worked for 2 months alone in shifts when everyone quit. When they hired people they cut my hours like I was replaceable. This is what the company is.
The kitchen manager didn't really help or contribute to the service being done. The menu was the same almost every week I worked there. Any suggestions to be made were not heard.
I loved the environment working here. I felt like they were very dedicated to your training and making sure you were a success! I had to make a difficult decision to leave but would go back if our paths happened to cross again.
The culture at this job is very toxic , and management is dictating and unfair. They show a lot of favoritism and they do not adhere to company rules and guidelines.
Best place to work everyone gets along great supervisor and manager there all friendly working with elderly is so relaxing and calm need lots a patients
clean environment
family friendly

kind resident

kind family members

kind employees

worked with my schedule when i needed to be off

nurses are nice

good pay
Management does not support or encourage caregivers. Asks for things that are not part of the job description. Managers lie to caregivers and threaten job security when calling out sick. Told to come in when contagious.
Pros
Cons
When I first started I was very encouraged and felt like I was a family and I belonged there. It soon became evident that the manager was not supportive. Very high turnover
Pros
Love the residents and most of the staff
It’s good but I’m ready for something it’s a great place to be at you’ll learn a lot of good skills and meet a lot of great people with great stories to tell
Overall just a fun job to work at and always a friendly environment. When I first started working there it was easy to learn because everyone was so willing to train you.
I enjoyed my time working at Merrill Garden. The staff is friendly and helpful, It was easy to take time off or pick up hours as needed. I would recommend
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merrill Gardens. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight