Merrimack College Employee Reviews

Teaching a Course
Teacher (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAJune 1, 2018
Oh my gosh, this was so long ago, I don't even remember it. I don't have any recollections of that experience. I do know that I taught young adults and what I have learned is that I love teaching teenagers!
Enjoyed teaching very much. Good atmospher
College Professor (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAApril 23, 2018
Teaching and administering (Chair). Enjoyed working with students, colleagues and staff. Proud of my teaching (won best teacher award) and intellectual achievements
Pros
Teaching and freedom to develop and teach new courses
Cons
Salary too low
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAApril 19, 2018
I have been a party of Merrimack College community and it's been a great experience so far. The most enjoyable part of the college is you don't stop learning and you receive a great experience in the workplace.
Fun, relaxing job
Mentor (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAMarch 20, 2018
Working at Merrimack while attending school was great. It had a great culture and was laid back. I helped set up different events and looked over the lounge once a week to ensure the safety of those using it.
Excellent
Access Student Worker, McQuade Library (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAMarch 9, 2018
Great to work here as a student enrolled at the college. Great atmosphere. Great people to work with. Lovely location! If I was still a student, I would still be employed!
Relaxed Work, Good Management
Assistant (part-time) (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAMarch 3, 2018
The management's expectations are clear, there is no role ambiguity.
Work itself is not hard or stressful and everyone is accommodating. I thoroughly enjoy working here, sadly I am graduating from the institution.
Fast paced dynamic work environment.
AVP (Current Employee) –  N. Andover, MAJanuary 16, 2018
Dynamic President who has led growth over the past seven years. Growth has led to career advancement for many of the employees. Substantial growth in the number of faculty being hired over the past five years.
Easy Job as Physics LA
Physics I and II Learning Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MADecember 26, 2017
As an LA, you don't need to correct homework or tests, just assist the students when learning physics. If you are good at physics and are okay with spending two class periods a week assisting people, then take the position if possible
Fellow/Graduate Assistant
Graduate Research Fellow - Biomechanics Lab (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MADecember 19, 2017
Great atmosphere for dedicated, driven individuals. Opportunities to collaborate and work together with faculty and students!
Service, scholar, and teaching are highly valued and looked for among candidates; the school Is constantly growing and expanding. A place to grow as a professional as well as to build upon and enhance your current skills, abilities, and experiences!
Pros
close knit, community, close to city, clean, respected
Cons
depends what department you are in
Great part-time work for students!
Student Facilities Worker (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MANovember 28, 2017
Very flexible in allowing students to work part time which is great!
Completed work orders such as: setting up for events, rearranging apartment rooms, moving appliances
Campus maintenance such as weeding, edging, leaf blowing, leaf removal, mowing, general clean up
Engaging, fun, challenging and productive
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 27, 2017
I truly enjoyed the students - always ready to be challenged and to challenge. Fun and productive.

I got a lot of support as I embarked on my new role as an adjunct professor.
work you can feel good about
Assistant Director of a Department (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MANovember 26, 2017
a school that is growing and developing by leaps and bounds.
Sincerely care about their students and helping them to succeed. Employees have ample opportunity to be involved in campus events and activities to get to know students in a more informal setting.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAOctober 19, 2017
Merrimack College is an amazing liberal arts college. Great education, great friends, great campus, fun activities, great out of school activities, dorm life is fun
Pros
great colle
Cons
no cons
Club sports intern for class credits
Club Sports Intern (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAAugust 24, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of me interacting with the leaders from different club sports teams to identify any needs or wants they may have for the season or upcoming season the following semester. I also filed a lot of paperwork, as well as created a balance sheet for all sports teams on Google in order to keep track of all finances. A big part of my job was to create a practice/game schedule for the teams playing during the spring semester, letting the captains know when there was open field time, as well as interacting with some of the varsity coaches. I also facilitated all the transportation for the club teams if they were to travel to another college to play a match. The best part of the job was the fact that it counted as credit for a class, as well as it was right on campus and integrated well into my class schedule. So each day I could go to my internship to and from class. The hardest part of the job came from the lack of management and communication from my supervisor. It made my job much harder because it lacked a sense of direction.
Pros
On campus
Cons
Bad supervisor
Excellent Workplace
Management Intern (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAJune 23, 2017
Great work place to be apart of! A lot of amazing people apart of the Merrimack Community. There is a lot of work being done in the athletic department, as Merrimack is growing into a larger school and athletic department. Many great things to come!
Position Changes
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAJune 22, 2017
Hired to work in one department, shifted without discussion, hours changed without discussion 2 years into job, promised raise and never happened. Many changes, with a lot of office politics from people not in positions not qualified to make these decisions.
Pros
Have gained a lot of experience in this position
Cons
Office politics
Great school
Student (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAJune 4, 2017
Fantastic 4 years as a student, great environment not only to learn new things, but make lifelong friendships. The atmosphere at Merrimack is very community oriented and you feel that from the first day you step on campus until the last.
Fun Environment
Varsity Athlete Volleyball (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAMay 24, 2017
The most enjoyable part of Merrimack is the support from fellowship and the culture. Everyone is accepting and supportive. The teachers come from all over the world so the diversity is a plus.
Pros
Environment
Cons
size
Student Athlete (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAMay 10, 2017
a small school with big school benefits

i really enjoy being a student-athlete here, giving me multiple opportunities to succeed but i really enjoy the opportunities i get to give back to the community that i grew up in and show them that hard work can get you places
Learning and Leadership Experience
Orientation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAApril 14, 2017
I have been able to gain ample experience through major professional staff at the school giving myself specific tasks and responsibility. 10/10. 10/10.