Merritt, Hawkins & Associates/MHA Group

Merritt, Hawkins & Associates/MHA Group Employee Reviews

United States25 reviews
High stress work environment, good for competitive people
People generally are very friendly and fun but sometimes work boundaries are crossed because people seem too comfortable with each other. If you are a competitive natured person, you will succeed and do well. If you try to share a lot with others you will probably not succeed.
Pros
Pto, flexible hours, commissions
Cons
Long work days, management could improve
Great resources and good pay; every person for themselves
Only reason not to succeed is a bad list of clients. All the resources you need. Great benefits and good pay. No trust in leadership. Lots of lies and deception
Good place to start a career but do not stick around long
Long hours, cut throat culture, but a good place to learn the business. Company does not have a good reputation with clients after years of charging fees for retained physician searches.
Productive Work place
Working here was fun at times and they kept me busy. I enjoyed my time here but there was no room for advancement for me. I learned a lot working here and the management was great.
Stressful
Stressful, boiler room culture.
Have to make over 80 phone calls or have 2.5 hours of call time per day. Very stressful, very high turnover. Information rich but no sustainable.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Everyone was helpful and easy to work with. While my time here I enhanced my multi-tasking skills. I also learned how to work well under pressure. Workplace culture was diverse.
Pros
Easy to Advance
ehh
whip and chain, still have bruises on my ear from talking on the phone so much. A great place to get your foot in the door but not a place to stay long term.
Terrible Work/life balance
This company expects you to work 80 hours a week for minimum wage. They keep commissions and force employees to leave because the culture is terrible and they aren't making enough money.
This is your classic revolving door operation
Most people last only about 8 weeks. it is essentially a con operation where they prey on doctors practices in the middle of nowhere that can not fill positions and fool them into believing they can fill their open position. They milk them dry and never fill the position. Awful place. DO NOT APPLY.
Productive position where the held you accountable
This position I learned a lot. Management was amazing and they stepped up when it came to leading and coaching. Unfortunately, the pay was low I had to take of my bills first.
Pros
Mangement
Cons
Pay
terrible place to work
I would not recommend anyone to work for this company it was the worst job I've every worked at in all of my professional years of working and I've worked at some great companies but this one absolutely sucks.
Official response from Merritt, Hawkins & Associates/MHA Group
May 31, 2017
I am very sorry to hear about your experience. If you would like to discuss it further, please call me directly at 858-720-6251 or email me at Julie.Fletcher@amnhealthcare.com. We take these issues seriously.
- Julie Fletcher, Chief Talent Officer
Rewarding, but competitive environment
Merritt Hawkins is a great place to work where you can earn a substantial living. It is a quick paced, competitive environment, but rewarding. Travel is extensive, but if managed right, you can have work/life balance.
Pros
Travel, Compensation
Cons
Long hours, performance intensive
Official response from Merritt, Hawkins & Associates/MHA Group
May 9, 2017
Thank you for sharing your experience of working with Merritt Hawkins. We are always open to your feedback and if you have suggestions that you would like us to consider, please do not hesitate to contact me at Tom.Florence@amnhealthcare.com. Thank you again for your review. –Tom Florence, SVP Recruiting, Merritt Hawkins
Great Starting Point
Great launchpad to higher sales/consulting roles. Old guild needs to become more dynamic, or move on to retirement. Culture is lacking, and TA needs to invest more into experienced consultants. Training for churn and burn gets old.
Work Hard Great Rewards
They work you hard-high turnover. But if you can make the cut the salary and benefits are very good 100K+. They have good resources and a good name in the industry. Be prepared to sacrifice 9 months to 1 year + before you "make it".
Pros
Training second to none
Cons
Micro Management
WONDERFUL company to work for!
Most enjoyable job I have had. Don't want to leave and probably will take a lot to make me want to leave. My only reason to look for a new job is location
High ENERGY and fast paced company
Lots of enthusiasm!
Great co-workers.

A lot of advancement opportunities.

Industry leader.

Financially rewarding.
A good place to work with great people
A good place to work with supportive supervisors and managers. The main focus is the bottom line and developing a strong sales/business development team to reach quarterly goal.
The coworkers are the most enjoyable part of the job. Everyone is helpful and willing to lend a hand when called upon to do so. Turn over is often due to the work becoming stagnant and mobility capped.
Pros
The work environment is calm and the people are easy to get along with.
Cons
Mobility is stifled.
Too much shuffle, empty promises,and poor training.
Had to meet guidelines that were based on having correct training and tools. Neither were provided. Management didn't care about work ethic or production and weren't engaged in helping new people get started.
It got much better
Years ago when I first started the rumors where true, that they (MHA) would hire 3 recruiters only really to hire 1. The others would not make it out training. After 2010 they got much better at onboarding people and training them. They took on the attitude of if the employee is good, just maybe not a production then they would look to find them another role within the company. End of the day a very solid firm and one can be very successful there.
good entry level for physician recruiters
-100 cold calls a day
-learned how to sell via phone

-mgt. was ok

-co workers were great

-tue and wed were 12 hour days
Not what I expected after taking the position
Not what I expected after taking the position. The position changed alot from what I was presented after the fact.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merritt, Hawkins & Associates/MHA Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
2.2Career Opportunities
1.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Merritt, Hawkins & Associates/MHA Group Reviews by Location