Merry Maids Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2018
I had a good experience while working here.
My coworkers were friendly and polite and everyone is team oriented.
You meet great customers and you learn a lot.
Orientation is easy and cleaning can be relaxing.
Pros
Cool coworkers paid weekly
Cons
Using my personal vehicle
Good place to work although corporate makes most decisions
Programming Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 18, 2018
People and franchise owners were fun to work with. The company went through a big changes as new management was brought in. IT was farmed out to other companies.
Great Leadership
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 14, 2018
Great leadership and growth opportunities.Rewards and recognition for hard work and achievements. Merry Maids truly push you to the best you can be in a good way.
Just don’t work at the one in Shreveport On Hawk St
Ckeaner (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 14, 2018
This is for the most worst place the manger is a Short Man That call meeting every morning and the pay Is super Sad they want you to work non stop and pay only 20%. Off each house than laugh at how they charging ederlly people
Pros
Pay every Friday
Cons
Office staff
Very fun with my teammates
Customer Service/House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 13, 2018
to much favortizum not giving more pay no benefits poor management loved the teammates and working with them we used our own cars.very understanding.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no breaks when you can get it
Owner closed company
Lead cleaner (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAAugust 8, 2018
Owner was unliked by customers . Did not appreciate workers. Was absent and confused workload. She did not show any incentive to advance. Workload was overbooked and random. Personal problems interfered with workload.
Pros
Work every day
Cons
Liw pay no recognition
I would not recommend
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAAugust 7, 2018
Low pay for so much hard work. Different pay between lead and 2nd although the 2nd did most of the work. Not fair. No bonuses unless you never got a complaint. You could get a complaint on yourself even if it was't your part of the house you were cleaning.
merry maids
Residential Cleaner (Former Employee) –  East Troy, WIAugust 6, 2018
Great group of girls and managers were wonderful, always came into work with good vibes and hreat welcoming. Enjoyed the clients and did everything to the best of my ability
great for part time
Team mate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 4, 2018
Most of the employees were nice and kind, the job was not hard, just clean other people's homes for them. The quicker you work the more homes you potentially could clean. You get paid per house you clean and how big the house is. Never have to clean a house with bugs and get paid for the miles you drive. You don't get full health benefits.
Pros
easy, and great hours
Cons
no insurance and not full time
Slavery
Mate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEJuly 31, 2018
Back breaking work the pay is not worth even a day of your time. I was told if they were to try and work with my schedule the girls would hate me because 5/6 consecutive days a week is mandatory. Your constantly rushing and dealing with an all female staff is exhausting constant drama blood sweat and tears I would never work for merry maids again.
Pros
Cons
Pay
job needs more structure
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 22, 2018
merry maids as the job described is very enjoyable but what I found out upon being hired was that the office manager and sales manager were never around. they would leave at 9am usually and leave you alone to handle all aspects of the business. creating an environment no one wanted to work in. this also made it hard to keep maids, they felt they were working the hardest and weren't being appreciated. if there was short staff we as office assistants were required to go out and clean. that was not in the job description and you were getting a lower pay while doing now two jobs. not a good place to work unless you like doing all the work and getting paid 10 dollars an hour.
good company
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 20, 2018
............................................I work with my great ladies professional friends, yet friendly and personable. A pleasure to have for the service provided.
Co-workers made the work enjoyable
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TX Shreveport, LAJuly 17, 2018
Because I worked at two different locations I will just have to say that the two were completely different in the aspects of management. However, the work environment among the ladies who go out and do the actual cleaning was the same. Each group was a stick together for the ones who go out and clean the houses kind of group of women. They each had someone who'd been there for awhile and would pass on tips or helpful suggestions to help make your days go by easier and a lot less stressful. Plus they were always encouraging of one another's accomplishments and there's always someone who has been down a similar path as you to give or take some advice from in learning the job or life itself.
Pros
coworkers, my boss in nacogdoches office, flexible when needed in nacogdoches office
Cons
way the upper level talk to the cleaners, not very flexible with working with its employees (shreveport), misleading on pay
Horrible work place
Professional Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJuly 17, 2018
You don’t really get paid hourly. You get paid a percentage of a percentage which was basically NOTHING. I couldn’t live off of this and some days I was working 10 hours and STILL wouldn’t see any difference on my paychecks.
productive environment, but extremely stressful
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tannersville, PAJuly 16, 2018
When you arrive at work you have a small meeting and then get the paperwork for how many places you have to go for that day to clean. Then you loaded your car with all the cleaning supplies. Most of the time you were able to have a partner help you clean, but there were plenty of time we you had to clean homes or apartments by yourself and you did at least four a day. One of the best things was having your own vehicle so you felt more comfortable driving.
Pros
Able to use own vehicle
Cons
short breaks, no advancement, and very low salary
Productive workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXJuly 16, 2018
This was a good company to work for. It had a nice laid back atmosphere and good co-workers. Your commission also depends on how hard you are willing to work.
poor management
Maid Service (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJuly 15, 2018
When I worked there its just like high school, I worked my tail off and they still didn't appreciate anything. the seizure had was just an excuse they said i was a liability
Stabel
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2018
I like the work and the customers but I think that percentage isn't a great way to pay someone. Especially if you get a percentage on a lower amount of what the customer pays. Everyone should be payed hourly. It is hard work.
Pros
Cleaning and customers
Cons
Percentage Pay
Very Upbeat, Happy Place To Work
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOJuly 13, 2018
Merry Maids Was A Fun, Upbeat Workplace. Everyone There Was Very Respectful And Nice. It Was Somewhat Complicated, But Once Getting The Hang Of It, It Was Great!
Pros
Could Work With Me On My Schedule.
Fun working and seeing and cleaning beautiful homes
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Forney, TXJuly 12, 2018
Typical work day , get to work get all the supplies refill what needed to be, loaded up the car drive to the houses , cleaned there house and made it shine, and smell good, finish load up the car , take supplies back to offices , go home.
Pros
Mot just sitting in one place
Cons
See different homes in one day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merry Maids. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight