Merry Maids

Merry Maids Employee Reviews

United States1,628 reviews

Found 1,628 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,854 reviews

Merry Maids

Working Environment is great. Great and understanding management. Lots of work some thing I like is to keep busy and I could here.

Pros

Small office everyone treats each other like Family

Cons

Not much opportunity to grow

Great work life balance

You can have a work/life balance working for Merry Maids. Every day is different and fast-paced. Never a dull day dealing with customers. The customers can be some of the best parts about working for Merry Maids.

Merry Maids insights

Based on 1,134 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Underpayed and overworked

You could be given a super short day which negatively impacts your hours + production pay they advertise so poorly, or you could work 9 hours with no break and not paid fairly for your actual start time vs when you are allowed to clock in. No care for how much you are overworked, especially in heat. If you need time off, don't. If you're sick, show up anyways. They will try and make you change your appointments and come in even if you are running a fever. They only care about how much money they make.

busy, very busy.

You get a decent amount of houses for the day. You have to move very quick but still make sure you do a good job cleaning. People will complain about anything. Some of the customers expect you to do ridiculous stuff. Management will let customers get away with asking for more stuff and not pay for more time. The dive in between houses can be a bit much sometimes. Some days they will keep you in the same area and other days you will have to drive 30 mins in the opposite direction to get to your next house. The pay can be decent if you get to move up a little bit.

If you want liveable wage, do not work here.

People are constatnly leaving. You work more than what you get. I asked for part time but they never let me have it. Make sure to return your outfit because they will charge you for it.

It's ok

Payroll is confusing. If your not spontaneous you will struggle,cause you don't know what your day looks like till each morning. Built in lunch and most don't take and you work with partners so hard to take it

I didn’t like management very controlling not good pay and had bad adittude

I didn’t like the job management didn’t pay enough they wouldn’t pay for gas the cleaning wasn’t very good I really didn’t like the job I would always have to drive my car and at the time it wouldn’t run and when they had company vehicles they would not play fair

Pros

Had put your own gas in

Cons

Just didn’t like it

Fun place to work at

A great place to get up and go too. Definitely a place to meet new people and work for a great boss. Wish I could make more money, and get benefits though.

Fun workplace

I love working here, I get to move at my own pace, and gets tips. I enjoy the weekends off as well. They are very flexible with days you need off as well

Pros

Great people

Cons

Hard work

This place was a nightmare

I will never recommend this company for anyone (employee or customer). They are over priced, hire anyone who walks through the door and have zero accommodations for their employees. I hated every second of being employees here and still have nightmares about it.

Pros

Cons

No breaks, poor communication, impossible expectations

Fun pace. Good money.

Nice to work independently. Get your houses done and go. Nothing to take home. Try to earn those regular customers for more consistent schedule and pay.

Flexible schedule

Flexible schedule. They will work with you if you have kids or important dates that you may need off . Doesn’t feel like you get paid fair for all the work that you do

Pros

Work with you as far as scheduling and personal life

Cons

Pay.

Does not add up

You kill yourself and your vehicle for very little pay and I mean VERY little pay! Manager plays favorites and has no manners! Customers are the ONLY good part of this job!

No worklife balance

They will work you until whenever is convenient to them they don't care if you need to be off at 5 like they promised you'll work later. There's no work/life balance. The pay isn't worth working the crazy hours and not a job I would recommend for someone with kids that need picked up at a certain time. They will try and work you long days that'll give you no time for a lunch. The Healthcare sucks and pay isn't that great. Only good thing about the job is the customers you'll have some mean customers just like every job but most are really nice and have sweet pets.

Pros

Customers

Cons

Pay sucks Days are long Healthcare is basically none No work/life balance Underpaid/Overworked

Unrealistic Expectations

Great sales pitch upon getting hired. Newly hired employees are told they will receive an hourly pay as well as a percentage of the clean. That is NOT the case. Mileage reimbursement is insufficient with gas at almost $5/gallon and the reimbursement rate fluctuates weekly. No one should ever be told they are not needed. Especially when they go above and beyond not only for the customer but the company as well. The expectations placed on the team are unrealistic all the while the office staff has no knowledge of what the team is up against as the office staff is never in the field. There is an absolute lack of professionalism. If in fact an emergency had occurred there would be a certain understanding to have an emergency contact contacted. Unnecessarily reaching out to emergency contacts is unacceptable. People don't quit jobs, they quit managers.Overworked and underpaid Low to NO moralJust uncomfortable vibes all around

Fon

It was a good Job, every day was different, answered call, worked in customer service. Did all basic computer work, answering phones and sales. everyone was nice

don’t want to pay people for their work

at first the company is very welcoming and warm but then you learn that people are being paid very differently when you have the same experience level. if you don’t put in a two week notice they dock your pay to 7.25/hr and that’s even if they’ll give you your paycheck.

Good!

They are very understandable and flexible with you when needed! They are very nice people. You do not have to deal with your boss or customer being on your way or shoulders while in the work area.

Cliques run the show and they let active drug users on the team.

Not worth the high school mean girls clique feel or the active drug users. Hours were great though, got off before 4 most days. Clients were all pretty nice too, gave tips or treats.

Good work life balance

It’s tedious work but it’s not difficult. There’s some room for advancement and definitely more work if you want it. Local management was great. Definitely feels like a family except employee turnover wasn’t great and the most of the people I worked with were very difficult to work with for a lot of reasons. I’m sure if they paid more they would have a better time replacing and firing bad employees.

Pathetic pay

The Merry Maids branch I worked for was garbage. Managers were awful and pay was pathetic. We would bust our butts cleaning and I would MAYBE bring home 300 a week. Frequently my paychecks would be in the 200's. I'm thankful I was receiving child support but I was living off of 1300 a month. Monthly pay with Merry Maids was between 800 and 900 a month. For the amount of work the maids actually do, the pay is insulting. I would recommend NOT working for this company.

Common questions about Merry Maids

Answered by current and former employees at Merry Maids

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merry Maids. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight