Merry Maids

Merry Maids Employee Reviews in Hanover, MA

Hanover, MA3 reviews

Found 3 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,856 reviews
maidhousecleaningcleancarmileagevehicledriving

It was exhausting they worked us to death

Must have car be willing to change location at last minute ..you risk getting stuck working at house til quite a bit after five..new cleaners are not trained appropriately and very hard to get time off even for a dentist appointment..be ready to work your butt off

Pros

Your on the road..customers are happy to see you arrive

Cons

Seems every day merry maids just wing it

Fun but stressful and has some drama if you entertain it

I work at merry maids. Yes there can be drama but honestly what work place doesn’t have that? They all do. Yes the work is hard but cleaning isn’t easy. I love my job. Yes the pay could be better and we do not get tips often but around the holidays is when they give out tips the most. Management is good where I work. My boss is great sometimes and other times not so great. But once again that’s how life is in the work place. If you let it get to you, you will never go anywhere. Don’t entertain the drama. Just go and work. That’s what I do and I couldn’t be happier.

Merry Maids insights

Based on 1,142 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

An unappreciative work environment.

A cleaning company that has the potential to be a great if it were run by the right people and not run as a popularity contest. A normal day includes giving out books with team assignments and then embarrassing employees publicly if they have a complaint from a house or company they cleaned and taping them to said employees locker for all to see. The manager only gives the good houses with tips to certain people even if they get complaints every single day. We were required to be there at 8am, and it wasn't that they didn't pay us for the hour but they blared terrible music for an hour, didn't start the meeting unitl 9am and then we get started late and cannot finish our day until our folders are done even if we have 5 assignments (often not getting home until 7-8pm at night stuck in traffic for an hour to Boston and an hour coming home from Boston.) The way the business is run is ridiculous and unacceptable. I would never work there again and wouldn't ever send any of my friends there either nor would I suggest people use them as a cleaning service.

Pros

free breakfast on Wednesdays

Cons

unappreciated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merry Maids. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Merry Maids with

Merry Maids Reviews by Job Title

Learn about Merry Maids in Hanover, MA

• Merry Maids
  • Hanover, MA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?