Merryhill School Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
good school
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJune 12, 2018
This company wants a lot out of the teachers, portfolios, boards, pictures everyday, lesson plans. But its worth it the company helps you appreciate what you do and you feel as if you are a teacher. I was the infant teacher, and I had a hard time with all the laws in the infant room. But always got my breaks always got my raises, and had a whole day of no kids to clean the room. New school year start date. Plus twice a year training. A lot of days paid off. But parents could easily blame the teacher even if its state laws.
Pros
eat with the kids, breaks, raises, discount childcare
Cons
not lot of ways to move up in company
Decent Place
Preschool Aide (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 22, 2018
Merryhill is an overall friendly school. The people are nice, but the pay is lower than others in the area for the same positions. I would recommend this as a good school to work in depending on the style of curriculum you may prefer.
Love the children
specialty teacher (Current Employee) –  Natomas, CAApril 17, 2018
Merryhill school is an okay place to work. The children and staff are great. The environment was typically very welcoming, The management however leaves much to be desired.
Pros
discounted tuition, paid time off and flexible hours with my school schedule
Cons
short breaks, low pay for teachers
great environment to work at with nice coworkers.
HEAD TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Working at Merryhill School for 13 years was a great place to work at, because i had the chance to educate children and learn from them as well. I also had the chance to have experience to work as an administrator and was able to manage school programs, meetings, and more. There were some times that we needed help from the director and we did not receive any help, which was disappointing.
Pros
great coworkers, good environment, walking distance to restarants
Cons
poor support from director, less staff members, less tools for staff use
Stressful, underpaid , hostel
Pre-K Teacher (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 25, 2018
Management sucks, staff gives no support. Pay really sucks. 3 years and get a 20 cent raise. They don't care about staff, get no prep, hostile place.
Pros
Cons
Over all they need to get rid of the management and the building
Work/ environment
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJanuary 4, 2018
Horrible place to work . Management does not appreciate the little things you do to help out. Just care about a pay check. High turn over because of low pay
Sudden Relocation
Lead Infant classroom teacher (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 13, 2017
Towards the end of my employment I had a harder time enjoying my time at Merryhill. The management changed several times in the 2 years I was there and the parents seemed to unhappy often. The original school had major building issues and was suddenly shut down and we had to relocate and corporate did not offer much for me to want to stay.
Great place to be a school bus driver.
school bus driver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 22, 2017
Guaranteed full time work year round. A week off for major holidays (thanksgiving,Christmas, and New Years) which is great for family time.

The bus supervisor is very knowledgeable and a great teacher. Easy to work with if you are a responsible employee that shows up for work.

Easiest school bus work around and private school kids means no crazy student behaviors to deal with. It is split shift and that can be hard to get use to but it gives you time during the day to get home chores done.
Pros
Great team of drivers that work well together.
Cons
Not as many days off as regular school districts (like Columbus Day and only 1 President's Day off)
Very unfair system
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXAugust 14, 2017
I'm reviewing on only behalf of the Merryhill in Keller. After my experience there, they do not seem to really care about your needs are as a teacher. Teachers go against licensing and management does nothing about it. They will promise you one thing and then go behind your back and do something else without asking you. Very rude management and I hope no one walks into that place looking for high hopes of moving up. Management is very biased and will believe sob stories over real stories. Lots of teachers have walked out already.
I enjoyed working at Merryhill
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 26, 2017
I worked at Merryhill for 7 years, and I enjoyed my time there. It allowed me to show my creative side. I also enjoyed all of the students that I taught while I was there.
Stressful and unpredictable
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJuly 16, 2017
Working here was extremely difficult. The school clearly puts the business side ahead of the care of the students and staff. There was one point in the year when we had 32 two year olds in a classroom. There wasn't enough room or equipment for them, let alone attempting to manage the classroom. We were often understaffed and out of ratio. The company's expectations were unattainable and unrealistic. Very stressful work environment.
Always interesting
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 21, 2017
It's a school. You never know what the day will bring. Keeps you on your toes. The principal found ways for me to take on different responsibilities and I appreciated that.
Great first teaching job
Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 3, 2017
This is a great place to work fresh out of school when you can scrape by on private school wages and don't mind having helicopter parents asking you about how their child is performing in your class.
Pros
Creative freedoms
Cons
Low wages
LOved the hours
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 2, 2017
They do not care about their employees its all about the money for them. they let the kids hit the teachers and wont do anything about it. they just say don't get so close to the kids.
Easy and fun.
Lead Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Trophy Club, TXApril 25, 2017
The job is great. The environment of coworker isn't always. People tend to forget that these kids are here for a long time they get attached. Sometimes they see you more then their parents. Care a little.
Horribly Managed with Grumpy Co-Teachers
TODDLER TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 1, 2017
Working here was always a roller coaster. Some days were great and I loved the job, and yet most other days I felt like quitting every five seconds.
Pros
Wonderful students and families
Cons
Very low pay, and high expectations with non-existent recognition or benefits
Could be great with work. Needs better management.
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CA 95350February 26, 2017
I've been working here for about six months now and the kids are great but the other teachers and management is less than desirable. There are no substitutes so calling in is discouraged, and i am the reliable one and am the "sub" and am hardly in my own class, infants. The positive to this is that no one day is the same to the other. i get to work with many age ranges and the whole school knows me. I am looking for a new job due to bullying behavior i feel im receiving from my co-teacher.
Pros
benefits and all positions are full time
Cons
management is poor and substitutes should be made
They are a flexible company
Music Teacher (Current Employee) –  Milpitas CAFebruary 1, 2017
They are a flexible company and willing to work around your schedule most of the time. They try to support you as much as they can.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay
Very Corporate
Teacher/ Closer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 19, 2016
Strict rules and guidelines what you could do with the kids for "fun". STAFF IS AMAZING NO DOUBT. You will have awesome co-workers. Management obviously has their hands tied behind their back and unfortunately cannot advocate for their staff if the opportunity were to ever arise. Do not often give raises.
Pros
Breaks by the book
Cons
No creativity
Horrible and unprofessional management
School Cook (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJuly 26, 2016
Horrible management, very unprofessional in the way that you're treated. Too much work for the amount of pay. When you're sick or you need a day off it's like a fighting match to get it.
Pros
The kids
Cons
Management, Salary, Workload, A fight to get time off!