Mesa Airlines
58Below average

Mesa Airlines Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA15 reviews
Good Starter Airline
Mesa was a great airline to start at, I got a line after not even 2 months of reserve and got to utilize flight benefits with United and American however a regional airline is tiring. You'll work 5-6 flights a day, and heaven forbid you get sick. Just don't let that happen. They'll find just about any reason to extend your probation as well.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Low-pay, poor health insurance, LONG day
productive environment but the work is becoming a routine
Received and issued parts for the mechanics; also put the part removed from aircraft on repair for those which need to be, scrapped when said so. Operate forklift to load and unload; Experience and knowledge in hazardous material handling and shipping.
Employee Extortion disregard of labor laws
This company is the lowest paying industry and Flight Attendants are treated with the punish first, redeem yourself later principle. After a 4 week training you got nothing financially. They pay you with a $100 Gift Card after each week. The training mainly consist of required FAA Requirements. They don't teach you how to bid for lines or how the system works in General. You have to pay for your own uniforms and luggage. So 5 weeks in you still have not made a dime. Health Insurance plans are terrible and you pay 100% contributions. After you get to your base , you are pretty much on your own. They put you on Ready Reserve for 12 hours after being on Reserve for 1.5 hours. You only get paid for 5 hours. After taxes you make a meager $50 a day for sitting at the Airport for 12 hours. This is not an airline I would recommend working for. I don't know what the FA union is doing here, but this does not look right in regards to Labor Laws. I will definitely look into this.
Dulles Va
Mesa airlines like most regionals, hires mostly entire level employees just out of school They do the best with what they have when I went to worked for Mesa I had many more years experience than the average But was still an exciting and challenging job great benefits fly anywhere you want the time I was there Mesa was great to me and flexible with Situation the least I can do in return is give a good review
Good experience at a great place to gain experience
Mesa was a good place to gain experience with the CRJ 700/900 and ERJ 175. I enjoyed gaining this experience as a mechanic on the CRJ/ERJ and learning the various aircraft systems.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Nice place to work
It is a fulfilling and exciting job opportunity to work within the airline industry. The environment is relaxed and engaging. Opportunity to work directly with a variety of patrons daily.
I mean traveling is cool
You get to travel for a living and meet really cool people.
If you have responsibilities at home though, this is not the job for you. They don’t even give you optional leave or emergency leave especially when it comes to your family or child. No maternity leave, lactation hours or room provided. Be single and childless
fun place to work and enjoy life at the same time
Enjoying my time here! Fine company operating safely, reliably and with good team spirit among all. Good management who are willing to listen and help if necessary.
A typical day at work was waking up at odd times
you do not get paid unless doors are closed

If you do not live at Base you will have a hard time commuting

but it is very fun and you get wonderful flight benefits
Low pay with LOTS of hours
They use you the max amount they can, never ever work with your schedules, very unfair very low pay. Most co workers are great but no Me loves there job
Love the Flying
The training opportunities of MESA are excellent. The company has a family like culture whereby if you are willing to put the work in and invest in learning your skill set; they will work with you.
Good job for new Mechanics.
The best thing about this job is the 7 on/7off shift and the flight benefits.The worst thing about this job is the low pay and mopping floors once a week.Yes the mechanics actually mop floors and clean the restrooms twice a month at IAD.On a positive note this job is good experience for someone straight out of A & P school or new to working on Fixed wing Aircraft.
Pros
Sleep when work it complete, 7 days on /7 days off and flight benefits
Cons
Very low pay and janitor duties
Great place for a starting flight attendant
worked on planes such as the CRJ700 or E-175, fun place to work saw different people everyday and had a great customer service experience. A typical day was waking up and doing atleast 3 legs which was to a city and back and then onto your overnight. You really didnt have time to stay in the city and explore it so that was a con in itself.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Hours, Pay
Terrible place to work
Consumes most of your life and not a good overall experience. I wish that I would have gather more information regarding becoming a flight attendant before hand so I would have known to choose another career field.
Fun
It was a great job, got to travel and meet new people every couple hours!