Mesa Airlines Employee Reviews

Great work environment to serve others.
Flight Attendant I, Maintained (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 12, 2019
insure the safety of others
serve food and beverages
communication skills
professional training
outstanding passengers and crew
organized management.
Don’t do it!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 6, 2019
Good story. Hired by Mesa. I worked all the time, never really complained. The airline will use you up and they don’t care about you. They will honestly try to destroy your life day by day. They will call you up and tell you to work a flight, and you have to do it. Which happened to me a lot. I got tired of working all the time. I was working more hours than most employees. I would literally only get a day off a week. That’s 4 days off in a month. So yes, I was getting treated very badly and I called them up to see why. They didn’t care and they tried to control me to the best of their ability. I even was very sick with a 103 degree fever and they told me to work it or I would get fired. So I literally worked the flight sick. The pilots literally told me to go home and I told them I can’t. I called them up weeks later and told them I’m quitting right now. I did nothing wrong in Mesa. I was tired of being treated so badly. I have never experienced this in my life. So I quit. Next thing I know, I was going to another employer and they asked me if I was ever fired from any jobs, I said no (that’s the truth). They bring up Mesa Airlines and they said that “they fired you”. I said no, I quit because they treat their employees badly and I couldn’t take the negativity in the company. And now every employer I go to now will ask the same thing because Mesa Airlines lies to keep their destroyed reputation intact. I don’t understand why they did this to me. Like I said, I did nothing wrong in the company.

My friends wanted me to share this because they experienced similar things with
  more... Mesa airlines management treating their employees very badly. It isn’t just me. It’s happening to a lot of these employees.

Should be a good sign to not get employed by them.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay, management, time off, employees, video interview
Poor Leadership
Training Department (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 28, 2019
Corporate culture has issues. Management style does allow for free flowing ideas, or actions. There is NO just culture within the upper management and appropriate allocated responsibility as well as up-holding accountability does not appear to be a priority with the CEO or the President of the company.
Pros
good people within the "rank and file", travel benefits.
Cons
Retirement and Corporate leadership.
Mesa
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  DFWJanuary 22, 2019
The people you work with are incredible, You get what you give. Too many people continue working here when they should have moved to another career... If you hate passengers, or crying babies, don't become a flight attendant! The hours are often long, layovers are not always glamorous, but the job is what you make it! Mesa is a good company with a lot of great benefits!
Pros
Flight benefits! Easy to get hired
Cons
Pay, good grief, the pay is miserable!
Be ready to work
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  IahJanuary 21, 2019
First 4-6 months you are on reserve. Which means you do not have a life and you are at the mercy of the company. You don’t have guaranteed days off because they can assign you.
awful company
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 4, 2019
doesn't care about their employees, would do illegal acts to the flight attendants and overworked everyone without any good compensation. they don't care about their employees
Pay to low to and long days
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, TXDecember 28, 2018
You only get paid from the time the main cabin door closes. Beetween the time spent in the airport and preparing the aircraft for departure is all unpaid. Balancing work and personal life is very hard with Mesa. The hotels were very uncomfortable and outdated.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Low pay and long days
Good Entry-Level Job
A&P Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 19, 2018
Learned a lot from working with this company. Gave me the experience I need for working on aircraft. Hardest part is management. Supervisors and leads give you a project you've never done before and expect you to complete it by the due flight. The benefits here aren't the best. Stay for 2 years and look for somewhere else.
Pros
The people are awesome. Experience
Cons
Management, Benefits
Social Media Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2018
The benefits are great if you want to fly for free. The location in Phoenix is nice. You get both American and United to fly for free. The building is nice.
Cons
Good for getting your foot into the door of aviation
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2018
Mesa airlines is a regional carrier which means that you won't have to do a lot of long flights (usually no longer than 3 hours) and "red eye" flights are very rare. The training is intensive however, if you can focus, it's no different than being in school and taking an accelerated week course.
The initial few months of the job after, you will be a reserve flight crew member and have a very unpredictable schedule as you will be on call. This makes it very difficult to make plans with your personal life, including appointments.
Your schedule becomes more stable and more manageable after becoming a "line holder" (meaning you get your schedule ahead of time instead of waiting for crew scheduling to call you to give you flights).
Many people glamorize the flight attendant lifestyle, but I think one of the most important things to have when working in aviation is very thick skin.
Pros
You get so see many new places and meet interesting people
Cons
Unpredictable schedule
enjoyed my employment
Customer Service Rep and Gate Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 20, 2018
I really enjoyed working with co-workers and management. Especially working with customers. Most customers were very nice and enjoyable.

I liked the hours that i worked but I did not enjoy moving the jetways because they made me so nevious.
Pros
working with customers
Cons
moving the jetways
People at base level good to work with,
Pilot (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 17, 2018
Great entry level company, what makes it great? the people at the lower levels. Management, well what can I say they are management........................
Pros
people at lower level
Cons
Not what it is advertised to be
CRJ First Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 15, 2018
Mesa will tell you what you want to hear to get you in the door. Whether it be what you want to hear about a crew base, advancement time, etc. They are correct in that people are upgrading quickly - that is because so many are trying to get out of here. The ladies in the training department are great; they are the only ones I can say that about.

"Screw scheduling" is just that - out to screw the pilots and flight attendants. They will bend the rules of the contract, try to call you out on reserve when you shouldn't be on, and manipulate the schedule to screw you into working long days, especially if you are on reserve.

Mesa does not care about pilots. The people in charge are people who are "company men" - at the top it is a clique and they are all out for Mesa and only Mesa. They never intend to go anywhere else so long as their pockets are being padded by the people at the bottom who are working their fingers to the bone to make this thing work.

I know very few pilots and very few flight attendants who are happy with the company.
Pros
Quick upgrade times, training department is great
Cons
Management, schedules, crew bases
Worst company
CREW SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 14, 2018
Management is horrible they don’t care about employees. All favoritism. Benefits aren’t worth for the stressful job. Management doesn’t care about the crew members beware.
Cons
fun place to work and enjoy life at the same time
First Officer (Current Employee) –  IADOctober 11, 2018
Enjoying my time here! Fine company operating safely, reliably and with good team spirit among all. Good management who are willing to listen and help if necessary.
Terrible company
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2018
Mesa airlines is a very poor company with low pay and poor working conditions. If you are seeking employment with an airline, search mainline options.
Not worth while.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 9, 2018
Culture was cut throat, promises were overstated, not worth the resume cost. To much was overlooked for maintenance, all was to ready aircraft for morning release, overlooked dangerous condition for Part 121 operations. Suggest employment else were .
Pros
Cons
No breaks, or scheduled lunch breaks.
airline was sold
inspector (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 22, 2018
When Northwest Airlines and Delta Airlines collaborated to bankrupt and merge, they left their commuter airlines to fend for themselves. this airlines no longer exists
It's a stay for a year and go company.
A&P Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Go out there with no training & figure out yourself what u have to do, there is no management education with favoritism and 13.5/hr day & OT required.
Pros
flight benefits with ok priority
Cons
very few people experienced including management, work 13.5 hours a day nonstop and expected to stay overtime, company doesn't care about the employee, no advancement, a lot of favoritism from foremans and leads
Great starter company.
A&P Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2018
Fresh out of school, look here! Pay isn't near the industry standard but it gets your foot in the door to move other places for advancement. Best of luck!
Pros
Schedule! For the moment.
Cons
Pay is sub industry standard.