Mesa Moving and Storage Employee Reviews

Poor benefits
Mover and Packer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 20, 2019
It was a really good company except for the benefits and hours i was getting. I had to leave to get something better since i have a kid on the way. Takes a lot of time to get a raise .
good enviorment
Mover and Packer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 7, 2018
it was really relaxed and fun environment . Really cool people and fast paced environment . Time flies by really quick while you working so you do not even notice it.
Good summer job
Moving and storage (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 14, 2018
Is great all the hours you get in the summer but really bad in the winter will be really good if they keep the average of hours at 40 a week but they cant
a lot of physical labor
Mover/Packer, Office and industrial lead (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 20, 2018
I had a great time working and meeting new people on almost a daily occurrence. if you worked hard they would notice and they also gave you more opportunities to advance depending on your work ethic.
Very stressful work environment
Revenue Accountant (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 5, 2018
It's a very stressful place to work with no concern for their employees. Pay raises are very few and far between. I had not had a pay increase in over 5 years.
Terrific company all around
Director of Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 25, 2018
Was given the autonomy to build the company's culture into the customer service team and become part of the growth over the 4 years that I was there. Team always planned fun events during the year and especially during the summer months when it is the busiest and most stressful. Very flexible in allowing time for family and other family needs as team would back team members.
Pros
Great organization
Cons
better open communication from executives
If you like slow work pace
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 10, 2018
If you like slow work pace and lack of direction this is the place to be. uncomfortable chairs and everyone whispers about everyone else. very boring actually
The men and women on the moving crews are great to work with.
Lumper (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 8, 2018
You learn the moving industry very quickly. It is a labor intense job that requires team work and good leadership skills. Due to the nature of the job, you get to witness spectacular houses in some of most most beautiful areas in the world (i.e. Telluride, Mountain Village, Aspen, ect..)
fast paced work and exiciting
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORFebruary 23, 2017
overall was a great place to work. The person whom trained me taught me a lot. I enjoyed going to work every day and working with the people I worked with.
fun
Military Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 1, 2016
really fun atmosphere. Very family oriented however they like to pick and choose certain people they felt were fit instead of looking at numbers and productivity.
Pros
family holidays
Cons
benefits and bonuses
assist workers (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 4, 2016
Seating customers and serving them, as well as doing side work and keeping the place nice and tidy. Talking to staff members as well as planning for bigger tables. Acting as a team with other members of the staff. Co workers are great. Hardest part of the job is it is super slow.
Pros
Free Dinner
Cons
Super slow
No advancement no training, no support from upper management
Claims Adjustor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City UTJune 23, 2015
When hired to work for a company and no training is offered because the upper management knows 2 years out that they will be doing away with the department they are hiring for seems to be a waste of money.
Pros
Cons
Hours, managment, co worker who is so negative that she complains about the way you ware your hair. .
Great experience from a supplier perspective of the relocation industry
Client Services Director (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 29, 2014
I had the rare opportunity to experience being on the supplier side of the relocation industry. This experience allowed me to develop a whole new appreciation for service providers and the van line industry altogether. Unfortunately my experience was short lived due to the trucking industry crisis (driver shortage, rising costs and expenses) and my position being eliminated. I accepted the position and relocated with longevity in mind, but it makes sense from a business model and expense perspective.
Pros
Client facing, travel, strategy, problem solving and improving processes
Cons
Driver shortage, industry crisis, trucking industry and not feeling empowered
customer oriented enviroment
Mover (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 20, 2014
coming into work everyday i started off cleaning out the moving trucks. after cleaning moving trucks i would be assigned to a group of people and we would then leave to start the day. i learned alot about organizational skills, as well as customer service skills. my manager was very laid back, and understanding. i could always ask my manager for help if i needed to, as well as ask questions. my co workers were very helpful we always worked as a team so the job would be done correctly. the hardest part of the job would be moving in certain weather conditions. its always hard moving furniture in slippery snowy conditions. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work at a steady pace.
Pros
recieving tips
Cons
weather conditions
very little communication
CLAIMS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTSeptember 4, 2014
Good company, Strange management - working in claims is a pretty thankless job, however, you do get some satisfaction out of it
Fun moving company
Mover (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 2, 2014
Enjoyed working with co-workers and management was excellent. Customers were friendly and would tip and feed us which was a bonus.
Pros
fun co-workes and managment
Cons
Decent pay and kept in great shape
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 5, 2014
Moved and packed anything from 4 thousand pounds to 29 thousand pounds daily. Learned how to load and unload a semi trailer with household goods. Learned how to pack and store things properly in designated boxes. Worked with a bunch of fun guys. Got along with almost everyone.