Mesilla Valley Hospital

• Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Lacks a lot..

Working at MVH was definitely an experience, and not a great one. Some of the nurse supervisors do have their favorites and if you’re not in their group you get bad units with more work. The lack of communication is greater than all. Most of the RNs are lazy and gripe about everything and well, the techs are about the same, but a hand few. Would I ever go back, never. Administration doesn’t listen to their employees and don’t put the safety of patients and employees first!! Good luck to those who they hire immediately..

Pros

Free cafeteria food

Cons

Cafeteria food isn’t good, nurse sups have favorites.

Dangerous place

When you first walk into the job, they guarantee that you will never be alone or put into a dangerous scenario without backup. They lied. This place does not care about Techs and their safety. If you are not a nurse, you are easily replaceable to them. High turnover rate because management will not listen to the pleas that techs make to ensure their safety. n

Pros

Easy to pick up OT

Cons

Toxic work environment

Zero leadership accountability

This hospital does not function well do to poor communication and lack of proper leadership. They do not care about the patients outcomes and follow up appointments after discharge. Their main focus if driving up the census at any cost even taking inappropriate patients that do not meet criteria for admission or are too medically compromised for this setting.

Pros

Free meals for nursing

Cons

Toxic work environment

Poor management

I would not suggest new nursesWork there because of staffing/Not people available to mentor.Also there are serious issues relatedTo safety.I would not want a family memberHospitalized there.

Pros

Have some consistent staff

Cons

Poor physical structure

There is nothing positive to say about this work environment

Management is horrid. This company makes it impossible to take time off, even if you have earned PTO time. There are constant threats made to the employees making it a very uncomfortable work place. I have worked in the medical field for 10 years now, and I must say without exaggeration, that this is by far; THE WORST place to work in Las Cruces.

Pros

Cons

Insurance fraud, employees are overworked and underpaid

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Mental Health Technician

Can be dangerous for beginners in a psych hospital. There were moments in which I feared for my safety. The company paints the job as easy but it is quite the opposite.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Dealing with psychotic patients

Could be better

Theres a lot of room for improvement. One must make ones documentation is excellent, be cause at the first sign of trouble management will throw you under the bus.

Better with more experience

Not a bad place to work if you already have experience in the field. You can learn a lot, but often there is not enough staff so you can’t ask for help if you don’t know something because there isn’t anyone else on your unit.

No support

Worked for a few years, thinking things will change. Just getting worse. Ask your self why do they keep hiring. Patients keep coming back, they don't finish the treatment. New mvh stuff all the time. Pharmacy service is horrible, angry pharmacist and technician, delivery meds very late for patients.

Pros

Not a secure job

Cons

Pay very little for lunch

Awful Management for Therapist's with the clinical supervisor

I felt I had a good start at MVH but the management mislead me regarding PRN work and only used me two times in 6 months and then took me off employment stating it was due to a low hiring ratio but were still advertising positions. I was shocked and hurt over this and feel the supervisor was targeting me and could not figure out why.

Jobs at Mesilla Valley Hospital

See more jobs

Room for Improvement

They generally provide good training which makes it easy to understand and perform your job duties. High staff turn over possibly due to the cliquish work culture, low morale due to lack of carreer advancement opportunities and or lack of good support from Supervisors.

They don’t value their employees.

Bottom line is they do not appreciate or value their staff, especially the ones that actually work, voice concern and advocate for themselves and others. They are only interested in keeping up census and making money. Poor ratios and they rely heavily on the staff that “can handle it”. Pay is definitely not worth the stress or risk. All in all, it’s not worth it, to work there or place your loved one there for “help”.

Horrible

From my experiences at Mesilla Valley Hospital, happiness of staff or patients is not important as seen by low staff to patient ratios, insulting pay for work done; admitting people who have no business being a patient given our facility's ability to provide service; admitting the same people repeatedly who have assaulted staff in past; bringing back numerous patients towards the end of shift to point staff can't keep up and things get left undone or half-assed; they rarely approve time off and more.

Not a bad place to work.

Management is actively making changes to improve the workload and working environment. I think with a little more time to make improvements, it will be a great place to work. As a nurse, the job is straightforward and generally easy to accomplish. The hours are family friendly. I like working there and I keep trying to recruit my friends to apply, but psych is not everyone’s cup of tea and paper charting, which is quite antiquated, is not everyone’s cup of tea either.

Horrible place to work!

Makes mental health look like a joke. Management places blame on everyone but themselves. I saw a review here that mentioned bullying, the management does the bulk of that. None of them actually know what they are doing. Mental health is the least important thing to this place. Money is the priority. Staffing is dangerous to say the very least.

No support

Working more with less. Very poor staffing ratios, 16:1 with upper management pushing these conditions. Corporate management totally out of touch and unsupportive with what’s going on with the units. Dangerous patients continually allowed to come back and work the mental health system.

Great potential and opportunity to really help people

Wonderful people who are dedicated to their patients. Lots of opportunity for growth. Some challenges as with any other work environment but management is actively attempting to correct these

Great place

Working at Mesilla Valley Hospital has helped me grow and learn on a daily basis. The facility has its challenges but I am sure all others do as well. I appreciate my direct supervisor as I feel like they hear what I say and take it seriously. I also feel I am part of a great team.

Enjoyed working with patients and their families but there were staff issues, bullying and harassment by staff. Worked days and nights whenever asked to work, but it wasn't good enough. There is a strong culture of favoritism and undermining. Too many changes in management.

A great place to grow and make a difference

I have worked at MVH for several years now, and I enjoy what I do, I work with a great team, and most of all, I’m proud to work at a place that helps people struggling with mental health and substance abuse issues. As with any workplace, there are challenges, but knowing we are helping people and families in our community, makes it all worth it.

Rewarding Career

Love being part of an environment that makes a difference in patient's lives daily! Rewarding career to know that what you do literally saves lives and love being part of the solution!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mesilla Valley Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6