Mesilla Valley Transportation Employee Reviews

Great place to be
Bookkeeper/Accountant (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 11, 2018
Working at MVT has been one of the best experiences of my life. The work is very challenging and rewarding. There are many opportunities for advancement.

The culture at MVT is amazing, Everyone feels like family. I've never been at a company where the owner is at work everyday. He treats all of his employees with respect.

The hardest part of the job is probably being able to meet deadlines. You have to be organized and well prepared.

The best part of the job is knowing you are doing work that actually makes a difference in the company and for all employees. The more successful a company is, the more successful it's employees can be.

If you are looking for a City/Government type of positions with little work this is not the place for you! I can see why some people have bad reviews of this place..you are expected to work. A lot of people don't like to do that.
Pros
Company store, great atmosphere, awesome Christmas Party
Cons
Not many nearby restaurants for lunch
Mesilla
Claims Processor - Risk Management Department (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 25, 2018
Fast paced work environment
Poor compensation for on call work
No opportunity for advancement
Outdated software for work
No paid time off
Benefits were not available
Collector - Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 24, 2018
Advancement opportunities are a definite plus. Good communication between management and employees. The MVT company is considered a family and maintains itself as such.
Great Company to Work for!
Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 10, 2018
MVT is a growing company, they are trying new ideas that sometimes are not taken well by the staff, but the change is working and is making everything better!

Not everything is perfect, however, Managment is always looking for ways to keep the employees happy and be fair at the same time. I would recommend this company to my friends and family!
Pros
The Family Culture feeling!
Cons
Lack of good training for new employees!
Too much...
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 8, 2018
This is the type of company with department's who do not take ownership of the information that come in and will always ask you to go over and beyond to help with tasks but will not compensate nor appreciate your effort. There is no training and and a lot of favoritism. No one can explaine what you're job really is because management won't explain. No training and good luck asking for help, all I got was bad attitudes from ladies who hated being there...
Pros
It was close to home for me.
Cons
Looooow pay...
Mesilla Valley
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMSeptember 27, 2018
Mesilla Valley transportation offers the minimum in pay. Too much work for the number of employees it has. They offer no benefits, no bonuses, and do not value their employees.
Good Ol boy mentality, You better not make the owners son mad or you will get fired
Fleet Manager (Managing a fleet of 50 trucks) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 18, 2018
good wages,they do not give everyone the same rules, shifting rules and regulations for each individual, very stressful, under staffed, Nashville terminal is run by a "Yes "man. No management experience .
Great people and great environment
Driver Receptionist / CSR Support (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 9, 2018
It was a fast paced Environment but the people were great and knew how to work together. Management was supportive and were always willing to help and were good at collaborating with the entire staff.
Pros
The manager and the people were truly caring and were respectful.
Cons
It was graveyard shift
if you love being on the road, this is the place
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 20, 2018
you will useally be out on the road 2 weeks back home for like 4 or 5 days. but its up to you if you want to stay out in the field more or be at home. they will work with you.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bot home very much
Competitive and stressful/ fast-paced
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 2, 2019
I liked working at Mesilla Valley Transportation. Work was challenging and fun people to work with. Needed to create reports, answer all emails for different customers plus give them updates and be able to use multiple computer software. Be able to multi-task and answer phone calls.
Pros
overtime, bonus pay
Cons
fast-paced, extra work given at times

Want to know more about Mesilla Valley Transportation?

Ask a question
Another company that will lie to you
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 17, 2019
Signed a job offer 6-7 days 3000 miles a week.

Haven't seen that mile marker yet. My clock stays run out all day still can only get 2500 out of them.

They say will.pay detention. Yeah haven't seen it yet

They say your runs are drop and hook. Them why am I waiting for a live load.

Your load information you get via computer is incorrect 80% of the time all 15 messages u get.

Calling dispatch...lol. you won't get through on phones and when you do be prepared to be talked down to by some 20 year old idiot

4 more months and I'm ditching this truck on a random highway. Keys be on the seat it's a p.o.s international prostar it's all they have.
Pros
Eye candy at terminal
Cons
Clowns working there and pay is low
Very worker friendly staff , great miles, decent home time,good equipment
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 18, 2018
As long as you show a little Hustle there's no issues with the disbatch and the driver . come with a positive attitude and all most of all your wishes will be granted
Pros
Fair hometime, fair pay, friendly environment
Cons
N/a
This is my home!
Director of fleet Operations (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 12, 2018
In the last two and a half years Mesilla Valley Transportation has been the most fair company with me and recognized my experience with facts, no matter who you are or where you are from, if you are responsible, innovative, willing to work with animosity this is the place you should be to be, you will not regret it.

It does not matter what others say, check it yourself.
Pros
Fair and recognize your efforts
its fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 2, 2019
i liked working at mesilla valley transportation get to travel got to see new places i just dont like driving up north due to snow but other than that its ok
Learning experience
OTR DRIVER (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 30, 2018
Received my CDL and learned everything from maintaining a truck, complete a truck inspection, to making deliveries. Learned about the road and the weather.
Has to be one of the worst companies ever
Regional driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville TennesseeNovember 4, 2018
I have never work for a company as worse as Melissa Valley Transportation I do not see how they're still in business they treat their drivers like garbage and Nashville Tennessee terminal don't have a clue what they are doing they will charge you for everything and anything even fuel smh the dispatchers suck!!! All the drivers that I was in orientation with we all quit within one month!!!
Pros
They will hire you if you have a valid CDL
Cons
They charge the driver everything from DOT physical to the fuel card OS@d fuel etc.
Really loved this job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 11, 2018
I can say I loved this job! I would still love to work for this company. It is a fast paced detail oriented job .It is never boring and ever changing. There is definitely room for growth you get what you give . They have a great team you can be yourself .
Pros
Room for growth, Great schedule, Fantastic team
Cons
Not enough training when changing positions
Productivity
Customer Service Representatives, ECT Group (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Answering lots of calls and emails, problems solving when loads wher going to be delayed. Tracking the loads to destination and resolving if anyone needed help.
Worse fleet to drive for ever
Regional driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville TnAugust 27, 2018
I've never seen a fleet that does not support the drivers whatsoever. Half of the time you can't reach dispatch. Many times you wait in doors 6+ hours and they don't want to pay you detention. They charge you if you don't fuel @ assigned fuel stop. So much more negatives. I ran a Florida-Georgia route
Pros
Only Florida & Georgia
Cons
Too many to list
Horrible place to work
Planner (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 18, 2017
Employees are treated like poo. The BEST part of the job is your fellow co-workers that show up every day with you and make the day enjoyable. The WORST part is upper management, the way they treat you and hours worked compared to salary paid is not worth the time invested. I will say they use the most advanced technology and training so the upside to the long hours and ridiculousness you have to put up with is the skills and systems you can learn, take advantage of those to get yourself elsewhere.
Pros
skills learned and coworkers
Cons
LONG hours, little pay, promised bonuses that you NEVER receive, upper management attitude.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mesilla Valley Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

Mesilla Valley Transportation Reviews by Location