Mesilla Valley Transportation Employee Reviews

Too much...
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 8, 2018
This is the type of company with department's who do not take ownership of the information that come in and will always ask you to go over and beyond to help with tasks but will not compensate nor appreciate your effort. There is no training and and a lot of favoritism. No one can explaine what you're job really is because management won't explain. No training and good luck asking for help, all I got was bad attitudes from ladies who hated being there...
Pros
It was close to home for me.
Cons
Looooow pay...
Very worker friendly staff , great miles, decent home time,good equipment
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 18, 2018
As long as you show a little Hustle there's no issues with the disbatch and the driver . come with a positive attitude and all most of all your wishes will be granted
Pros
Fair hometime, fair pay, friendly environment
Cons
N/a
Has to be one of the worst companies ever
Regional driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville TennesseeNovember 4, 2018
I have never work for a company as worse as Melissa Valley Transportation I do not see how they're still in business they treat their drivers like garbage and Nashville Tennessee terminal don't have a clue what they are doing they will charge you for everything and anything even fuel smh the dispatchers suck!!! All the drivers that I was in orientation with we all quit within one month!!!
Pros
They will hire you if you have a valid CDL
Cons
They charge the driver everything from DOT physical to the fuel card OS@d fuel etc.
Mesilla
Claims Processor - Risk Management Department (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 25, 2018
Fast paced work environment
Poor compensation for on call work
No opportunity for advancement
Outdated software for work
No paid time off
Benefits were not available
Mesilla Valley
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMSeptember 27, 2018
Mesilla Valley transportation offers the minimum in pay. Too much work for the number of employees it has. They offer no benefits, no bonuses, and do not value their employees.
Good Ol boy mentality, You better not make the owners son mad or you will get fired
Fleet Manager (Managing a fleet of 50 trucks) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 18, 2018
good wages,they do not give everyone the same rules, shifting rules and regulations for each individual, very stressful, under staffed, Nashville terminal is run by a "Yes "man. No management experience .
Really loved this job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 11, 2018
I can say I loved this job! I would still love to work for this company. It is a fast paced detail oriented job .It is never boring and ever changing. There is definitely room for growth you get what you give . They have a great team you can be yourself .
Pros
Room for growth, Great schedule, Fantastic team
Cons
Not enough training when changing positions
Productivity
Customer Service Representatives, ECT Group (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Answering lots of calls and emails, problems solving when loads wher going to be delayed. Tracking the loads to destination and resolving if anyone needed help.
Worse fleet to drive for ever
Regional driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville TnAugust 27, 2018
I've never seen a fleet that does not support the drivers whatsoever. Half of the time you can't reach dispatch. Many times you wait in doors 6+ hours and they don't want to pay you detention. They charge you if you don't fuel @ assigned fuel stop. So much more negatives. I ran a Florida-Georgia route
Pros
Only Florida & Georgia
Cons
Too many to list
Great people and great environment
Driver Receptionist / CSR Support (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 9, 2018
It was a fast paced Environment but the people were great and knew how to work together. Management was supportive and were always willing to help and were good at collaborating with the entire staff.
Pros
The manager and the people were truly caring and were respectful.
Cons
It was graveyard shift
Collector - Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 24, 2018
Advancement opportunities are a definite plus. Good communication between management and employees. The MVT company is considered a family and maintains itself as such.
Messila Valley can Rock
Shop Helper (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 30, 2018
its a good starting job not to hard and not to easy really helped me get a good work ethic and would go back in a heart beat because the co-workers are awesome.
Pros
coffee
Cons
Just dont be sensitive and there are no cons
Good and fun place to work
Processor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 4, 2018
Company looks out for employees and drivers as well. Every quarter there is a driver appreciation where a car is given to the top driver, all departments work together to help drivers get to their destination.
working for Mesilla
Night Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 8, 2018
the company as a whole is a good company to work for. m however they are quick to blame people for things that happen and they have nothing to do with the situation. they hire people that are not interested in the company just a pay check and they keep those people around but the people that are loyal to the company are the ones they screw over.
good job
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 10, 2018
This is a good company to work for.I liked the long but do-able dispatch and family atmosphere.Your time is not wasted there and they get get you home.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 14, 2018
I enjoyed my time with the company i put in 6 years OTR and never once had an issue with getting home or getting loads.
i would definitely go back they know how to take care of their employees.
Pros
great place
Cons
gone from home
I hated this place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 14, 2018
I did not like working at this Company, I felt like no one cared about anyone but themselves, as a new driver my trainers were less than adequate, and I would never recommend them to anyone else.
Pros
Cons
working there is a con
Good place for drivers
Help Desk Tech (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 10, 2018
Management is not really good, My department is not under a good structure, they know about the work, but they are not management material. Good place for drivers.
Pros
pay
Cons
Managment
Poor management
Driver Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 7, 2018
Overall horrible experience being micro managed and judged. People sleeping around and daily harassment by men and women. Can't leave your desk to go to the restroom. Felt like i was in kindergarten
Fun Enviroment
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79907January 18, 2018
To drive for MVT was a fast paced environment to where you have to be prepared for anything being a over the road trucker. The pay was good, but being away from family was the hard part. You spend 11 days out and only 2 days back at home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mesilla Valley Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about