Messer Construction Employee Reviews

It was OK
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  OHFebruary 7, 2018
I was just very unsatisfied with my role, to begin with. Too many expectations that were expected but never relayed. Overall, I did work with a lot of great people. We were all overworked and tended to complain about it together.
Temporary Job
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 1, 2018
I was an intern here for a college major that I chose not to continue with. While working with Messer Construction I was able to learn a lot in a great environment but the career field was not for me.
great Co Op experience
Co Op (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2018
This definitely a strong company to learn from. sometimes it's a little boring because as a co op they don't give you too much responsibility but you definitely get hands on experience and room for overtime to make more money
Cool if you want to work 2 days a week
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 9, 2018
I found it frustrating, the employer not having enough work for me.
Had to call several times just for him to pick me up from work.Had good work for me just never told me when to work again.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No work
Great environment
Project Administrative Assistance/Mgmt (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 21, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. I was in charge of handling all the Administrative areas of the company until each job was complete. It was a great learning experience.
There are no limits with technical advancement with this company.
Virtual Construction Designer (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 18, 2017
There are no limits with technical advancement with this company. I learned a lot of mind blowing things with this company. They do it all! From Project Planning, BIM and 3D printing.
Boss is a jerk
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, NCAugust 15, 2017
If you like to be treated worse then a dog this job for you and be down graded and half time there not enough people to work so you can't work because the way he talks to his help
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
Boss
Carpenter/ Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 2, 2017
Working at Messer helped me with a lot of life lessons..I started there young and the people there were great to learn from because they were willing to teach
Great company,but decent people.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 8, 2017
Too Start your day off at 6:00 a.m. or whatever time your job site starts. Exercise get the blood flowing then your team leader directs your to what you got to do today.Its construction so you want to take your time or just do the job rite.The hardest part was all the sub-contractors was in the way or not done by the deadline.Overall i really like Messer .
Great Opportunity
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 25, 2017
Typical day at work varies based on specific project being completed. Fast-paced environment. Learning opportunities. Chance for advancement. Great benefits.
Productive hard working company
Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 19, 2017
Good place to work but no security to many chiefs to tell you what's going on no set schedule most of the time because of poor management very safe company to work for
Pros
Close to my home
Cons
Don't never know what you might be doing
Culture is very stressed with no work life balance.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 19, 2017
Culture is very stressed with no work life balance. Low compensation and no opportunities for growth. A "Boys Club" in every sense of the phrase. Would no recommend.
Messer
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 22, 2017
overall messer made me drive hundreds of miles a week switching my job locations from Cincinnati to Florence Kentucky. there was no9 guaranteed work. they go by the words of the guys that have been there for many years when deep down them employees don't deserve to be there. they downgrade you all the time and are disrespectful to you.
Fun & Friendly environment too work
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 18, 2017
Very professional team of highly certified professionals that tend to have a personal relationship with each and every employee from the bottom too the top
carpenter
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 26, 2017
Very hard work, always picking up the slack for everyone else. They don't hire enough dependable people. can be inside or outside work. If you are a laborer you are usually always outside
fun and friendly
Framer (Former Employee) –  Canton, NCJanuary 10, 2017
it was a good job the coworkers was very nice and helpful . great management. and the hardest part was working outside in the cold
Poor Management
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 18, 2016
The company is good to work for if you start here young and plan to stay, until you retire. They pay less than most companies but once you retire you will be the ESOP will make you a "millionaire". Opportunities to grow in to new roles are very limited, some people stay in the same role for 15-20 years before they have an opportunity to move up.
Racial Disparency
undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 14, 2016
Very hard for African Americans to advance. No senior members are or color. Company is really behind the curve. Some very talented people do work there tho.
productive and friendly place to work
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Dayton OhioSeptember 30, 2015
I enjoyed the environment of Messer and they always had a share of fun during the work hours. They always look out for the person next to you for safety and make sure we all go home safely to our families at the end of the day.
Great and safe.
Construction Laborer/Commercial (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 20, 2015
learned a lot in a few years. made me the laborer I am today. great training and benefits. never ran out of work. great place for advancement.
Pros
training
Cons
never know what you will be doing next.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Messer Construction. Our community is ready to answer.