MetLife Employee Reviews

Found 2,758 reviews matching the search See all 4,064 reviews
Paid medical claims
Claims Processor and Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYFebruary 18, 2019
process medical claims for clients, verified benefits and eligibility. Answered incoming mail, in coming calls for benefits an d how claims we paid and to whom .
Pros
great team work
Cons
office closed
work / life balance
Consultant (Current Employee) –  NJFebruary 17, 2019
MetLife is a great company to be a part of. They allow employees to work remotely. The health and wealth benefits provided are the best of any company I have worked for.
Productivity
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 16, 2019
Great. Work culture is great. People there are great to work with, if you have the right attitude. Work life balance is sometimes challenging but you have to know how to balance it out.
Productive work environment
LTC customer service (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 15, 2019
I love working for MetLife fun environment great people. What I love the most when the opportunity comes we can work from home on bad weather days . That’s a big plus in my book
Melife no loner does Mortgage Loans
Quality Analyst, Coach (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 14, 2019
When I worked there, company took care of their employees and when we got laid off, they took care of us with a decent Severance. Good benefits, great Managers.
Pros
Relax Environement
Stressful
N/A (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2019
Very stressful work environment, poor training, long work hours, not enough to complete a days work. Employees are overworked, underpaid, no guidance and very minimal training provided. Management expects employees to get the job done, while figuring their way with the poor guidance.
Pros
health insurance, vacation time
Cons
long hours, overload of work flow
Financial products
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, PAFebruary 11, 2019
Focus at the former Metlife was on the sale of life insurance, annuities, and investment. Retirement plans were a focus.
Marketing to the small to mid size business client.
Pros
Name recognition
Cons
work environment
it has been a long time
Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Liberty Corner, NJFebruary 11, 2019
i really cannot review as it has been many years since i worked at metlife. but when i left, there is one thing that bothered me is that there is no more sick days that you would have to use your personal days for sick days which is pretty rough.
Great company poor management
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJFebruary 11, 2019
MetLife offers a lot of great stuff but you can only take advantage of it or benefit from it at your manager's discretion. The things that are supposed to give you work life balance or a flexible schedule are so tightly controlled by management that the purpose of these things starts to be lost on employees. There is also a lot of pressure by upper management to do the impossible which is then shoved down to the employees and those that can't perform often face issues with management. Even just trying to plan time off can be stressful because management is not happy when you try to get away.
Employees. My work family was the BEST!
Senior Field Compensation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJFebruary 10, 2019
Wonderful work experience. Miss my Metlife family in NJ. Wish I could have retired there. Hours were flexible. Salary was a decent living wage. It was a the best job EVER!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Unstable relocation policy
N/a
Casualty Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2019
The work load was unbearable and the management was even worse. This is not the company to work for. I would suggest looking at other insurance agencies that are larger.
fun place
Server (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJFebruary 7, 2019
good place to work needs better management . it pays good and you get to watch games for free qho ever that is playimg at the moment and u also get free food
Pros
fun
Cons
managment
Love MetLife
Sales (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 6, 2019
They have been outstanding employers. I think that they are growing and mindful about how they approach their employees and business approach tactics. I think they offer quality products and really value their customers as well.
good company
Vendor Manager (Current Employee) –  Work from homeFebruary 5, 2019
Good company. challenges with working in a big company simply due to the size. benefits are great with the flexible schedule and ability to work from home
Great Company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLFebruary 4, 2019
A lot of growth opportunities available internally with the firm. They have offices world wide. I would recommend anyone who wants a career in finance to give them a look .
Amazing Work Experience
UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 4, 2019
Good hands on on the Anguar phase of mine and learnt quiet a bit with immense work experience.
Gained good hands on on Applications like RTC, Eclipse, Putty, Codebase, Smart bear, Mastercraft etc..,
Good place for working
Analyst (Current Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 3, 2019
I enjoy the flexibility Metlife allows being a working mother. I never feel like I have to choose between having a job and being a mother. I would highly recommend and would stay if they had more growth opportunities in my state.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Dat
Mediocre Work Culture
Project Manager/Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2019
The office environment was not supportive of improving employee morale or performance. Management not clear in their goals. Senior Leadership uncommunicative to the broader organization.
Flexible work environment
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 2, 2019
MetLife provides a flexible work environment. They are a global company that allows working remotely when appropriate. The companies culture has changed in the last four years.
Flexible Shift
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 1, 2019
A typical day was entering group claims onto computer, and paying claims. You learned something new everyday! Management did not bother you, unless you were late. absent, or not doing your work!
The hardest part of the job was deciphering handwriting. But the most enjoyable was Flex shift, you could start at 6:00 am and get off at 2:30, but you were not considered late until 1 minute after 8 am.
Pros
Flex Shift, Great Location
Cons
Long days and bad weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetLife. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.4K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at MetLife.

Powered by Comparably