MetLife Employee Reviews

Found 2,663 reviews matching the search See all 3,925 reviews
Fair-minded company
Technology Liaison (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJDecember 10, 2018
MetLife is fairly standard in terms of its employment practices. I would never want to be a manager there, as a lot is expected of managers and there is not a lot of latitude to deploy changes and improvements that do not come as orders from upper management. Being an individual contributor was fine, and for the last 8 years I was fortunate to have very good people-managers.
Pros
Fair pay, good work-life balance
Cons
Managers have a difficult path
Cutthroat
Agency Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 10, 2018
The environment at MetLife was very competitive and at times outright cut throat. The system is setup where persons mentality was just about making the next sale at all cost.
Great time there
Consultant, Compliance Information (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PADecember 10, 2018
I worked for a great boss and great team. I had the flexibility to work from home when needed. I also had the ability to learn systems that would benefit my career.
Metlife was a very good company to work, I enjoyed it there
Foreclosure Compliance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 10, 2018
Metlife was a good company to work for during my time. However I was a consultant employee on assignment with this company for 18 months. I must say the staff of Metlife did practice inclusiveness with their contract employments as well as they full time workers. I learned a great deal of knowledge in default servicing at the time of Foreclosure Look Back Review 2011-2013.
Pros
Company wide inclusiveness
Cons
My desire to become a full time permanent did not come to pass
Workplace Culture
CLIENT SERVICE CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2018
Work Life balance is not a strong point at MetLife. Employees aren't valued like they should be. I am seeking other opportunities outside of the organization.
Difficult with work life balance
Account Manager Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2018
Difficult with work life balance
short staffed - I had one role while balancing my previuous role and training someone for the new position. The job itself was great.
Contractor
Sr. Business Planning & Strategy Consultant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 9, 2018
Company has lots of contractors - senior leaders seem to be very reactionary vs strategic thinking. Still need lots of characters to complete this mandatory field.
Good company
Not Applicable (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job are the people I worked with and the culture. Hardest part of the job is balancing workload of both internal and external tasks amongst reorgs/realignments.
Okay if you can handle office politics and a call center
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 7, 2018
Okay if you can handle office politics and a call center, the benefits are great and pay is good. the training for sales is a few weeks and then based on your overall grade your shift is chosen, I had a vacation while in training and it bumped me down even though management said it wouldn't so I ended up with a shift I didn't want nor deserved.
Pros
great benefits and PTO time
Cons
hours and call center environment, favoritism
No good
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  East Hills, NYDecember 6, 2018
Abandoned its employees. They claimed one thing and did something else. Executives are planning on driving the company into the ground. It has already begun.
OK to work for
New Business Analyst/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIDecember 5, 2018
MetLife does not have local offices any longer. There is nothing more to say about this company as you have to call an 800 number to get any information in regards to this company.
Pros
dedicated people to work with
Cons
no local offices
Friendly wrokplace
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 4, 2018
Currently work 10-12 hour days speaking with various Issuers and MetLife Front Office Analyst in regards to re-registrations. Spend most of my day writing emails and updating wire instructions for various clients and MetLife entities with Paying Agents.
Pros
Friendly atompshere
Cons
Revovling door of consultants
Very good managment
CSR II (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHDecember 4, 2018
They are very helpful. I had many family issues with a autistic violent son in my home and MetLife was very understanding of my situation. The management was great . Only downfall was hired in to one schedule the company decided to put a rule forcing one Saturday a month and one late night schedule per wk.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Training incomplete
Good Experience
Director of Finance, GTO Finance CSC (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJDecember 4, 2018
I enjoyed it greatly . I just needed to change careers after an illness. I held many psitions and was given a great opportunity to learn and advance in the company
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Too much travel
Good company. Not always a good work enviornment.
Financial Reporting Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 4, 2018
The Company provided competitive wages and benefits as well as room for advancement. However, there are a lot of "Lifers" at Metlife and at times it was extremely challenging to achieve the objectives of my department given their reluctance to change or redefine their roles and responsibilities.
Great Benefits, Poor Management
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2018
My time at Metlife was the most stressful situation I have ever bee willingly involved in. Giving my resignation was the best thing I could have ever done.
MetLife Wilmington Delaware
LEAD BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEDecember 2, 2018
In the IT department, we participated in over five meetings per day, including meetings to prepare for other meetings. We were part of a global department with internal clients in a number of European countries. Our external development partners were based in India, so we were given the flexibility to work from home in order to facilitate complex scheduling needs.

MetLife offered a generous bonus program as well as competitive salaries and advancement opportunities.
Pros
Work from home full time
Cons
Relocation of department to offshore
Great while it lasted
Senior Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Datran Center, Miami, FLNovember 30, 2018
MetLife was an amazing place to work. I was located in a small office with very nice coworkers and a great Manager. Work was fast paced because we were extremely busy and I worked late every single day. But the atmosphere was terrific and the day flew by. The hardest part of the job was working 10-11 hours daily because by the time you got home you were exhausted. But I felt very happy every day.
Pros
Great working environment and coworkers
Cons
Having lunch at you desk while working. Extremely long hours.
Fun work atmosphere
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Depere, WINovember 30, 2018
MetLife is no longer around. This was a great company when I was there as I started right out of college. The people I worked with were great and taught me a lot.
Excellent and supportive employer, gave me unbelievable opportunities.
Vice President, Operations (Former Employee) –  Based in St. Louis, MO. Traveled worldwide.November 29, 2018
I'm retired. Am willing to discuss reviews, having scored highest or second highest in all reviews.

Typical day was extremely busy and challenging, which I liked.

I learned about multiple cultures, in-person, in different countries.

Management was supportive and flexible.

Workplace culture was excellent and collaborative.

The hardest part of the job was overseas travel to and from locations 15 time zones away. But that is what I signed up for.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and learning about people in 20+ countries. I used every skill and nearly every bit of business knowledge and experience to help Metlife people in other countries.
Pros
Excellent opportunities in a highly ethical company.
Cons
No cons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetLife. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.3K

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight