MetLife Employee Reviews

41.2K
Found 2,338 reviews matching the search See all 3,502 reviews
stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 5, 2018
I worked assisting customers with their home loans. Everything from payment, insurance, escrow and their loans. Was very education and stressful and fast paced
Pros
good pay
Cons
location
Fast Paced working enviroment
Personal Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Goffstown, NHJune 5, 2018
Working for a local agent in goffstown NH has been a great learning experince.
We are a fast paced small office in a small local community.
We stay involved in local events.
Pros
part time; nice clean office. SMALL office
Cons
not able to provide more work hours when needed
Informative
Sr. Technical Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2018
Great place to work, great people and they always offer different things to help you succeed. I would love to go back and work with a great team...
Pros
Work remote
Commission
Fl. - Insurance Agent ( Virtual Sales ) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2018
It is extremely difficult to sell a policy, you have to meet a certain quota to receive commission, if you miss the mark by 1, you will not get commission for the other policies you did sell. Meeting the monthly bonus is nearly impossible and the salary alone is not enough.
Great Place to Work
AVP Vendor Relations Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2018
Great Management Team early in my career. Training and Advancement opportunities available to those who worked hard. A good deal of travel but that was to be expected with my position. Peers and coworkers were professional and willing to help when needed
Met life
Personal Marketing Assistant - temp (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2018
I was a marketing assistant.
Not a bad workload, relaxed.
High turn over rate due to numerous reasons. To succeed, just give up your social life.
Aside form that, not bad.
Pros
Company parties, work space
Cons
fast turnover rate with employees
Google type workplace but IT support mgmt is traditional attitude
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 3, 2018
Since relocating to Cary NC from all over the country MetLife here is perceived to be a Southern laid back work environment by employees in PA, NJ,NY, RI and elsewhere. But our IT strategic app support group allows no relaxed work/life balance. Perception is that if you are not at your WS, gossip surfaces about your dedication to your job. Bosses say they support you but most of them are still in NJ, NY, RI and really aren't aware of the stress their PMs, PLs and analysts are under. Unfortunate. They should realize that the higher turnover here in specific teams indicates a problem, but they are protecting their current head count and nothing else. Ability to telecommute is exceptional but under the gun is not utilized as it should be to maintain work/life balance.
Pros
great benefits, technology
Cons
Old world management attitude
Not a place you would want to work your entire life
Upscale Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Township of Moon, PAJune 3, 2018
Not a place you would want to work your entire life. No loyalty to long time workers or customers. The management culture is not very friendly and a lot of employees end up "eating their emotions".
its ok
ADJUSTER (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 2, 2018
can be stressful but overall a decent company to work for. Culture could use some improvement but for the industry its not bad. Management promotes who they like not always the most talented
Atmosphere
Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 31, 2018
Currently, my department is saturated in office politics with particular members of management team.

If you are in good graces you will have a lot of freedom in how you manage your desk and a lot of opportunities to network and move ahead however; if not you will be micromanaged.

Otherwise good benefits and compensation.
No job security. Company will most likley sell the annuity business to DXC.
Annuity Operations Post Issue Rep III (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 31, 2018
Pros: Flexible hours, Option to work from home on as needed basis, Great co workers and supervisors,

Cons: Poor upper management, Salary is way below market, Major budget cuts, Horrible training, Receive more and more responsibilities with no tangible recognition or compensation.
Pros
Flexible hours, Option to work from home on as needed basis, Great co workers and supervisors.
Cons
Poor upper management, Salary is way below market, Major budget cuts, Horrible training.
My 18 year experience with MetLife
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2018
I began my career in the mailroom and through hard work and dedication, I worked my way to supervisor. During my 18 year career at MetLife, I gained extensive knowledge of call center operations, first as a telephone representative then through a promotion, senior telephone representative. As a senior telephone representative, I was responsible for monitoring and mentoring call center representatives. I also obtained several licenses and certifications including FINRA Series 6, life license and training. Each day at MetLife was enjoyable and I appreciate everything upper management and my peers did for me to help achieve my goals. The culture of the department was filled with fun and laughter and a little bit of friendly competition.
Pros
Recreation committe, weekly games
Cons
No Cons
Met Experience
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2018
Overall a strong organization that does have an interested in advancing their staff one way or another. My time here has been informative and is teaching the power of relationships in overall growth.
MetLife
Manager – Remittance Systems Technology Liaisons (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 30, 2018
Overall great company. They have a good work life balance culture and excellent training and advancement opportunities. Senior management is supportive.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Too many layoffs
Productive, client focused.
ANNUITY OPERATIONS REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 30, 2018
MetLife offers stable work environment with high quality training. Possibily of overtime if desired. Flexible work hours available. Excellent benefits.
Pros
Employee and customer focused employer.
Cons
Employee appreciation was not balanced between departments.
not writing a review for this place
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILMay 30, 2018
Wasn't employed long, if you like sitting behind a computer all day this job is for you. I am more of a social person who likes to talk with people face to face
Ups and Downs
BUSINESS PRODECDURES CONSULTANT - SUSTAIN AGENT (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 29, 2018
There are days I love my job. But many days I hate it. I feel like I'm only working for a corporation, not a customer/client. It's as if my position has lost its true purpose. I am paid very well for what I do, which is a positive. And my direct boss is amazing - they are laid back, realistic, rational, and flexible. Some other leaders are not as easy going, which makes my actual job difficult. Bonuses each year are based on performance; I have gotten some great bonuses, though I don't agree with how they are determined. It isn't always fair to others who have gone above and beyond what their role dictates. Overall, I have learned a lot at Met, though I'm not sure I will ever be able to get out of this industry.
Solid company
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 28, 2018
Very few advancement options in Atlanta area. Overall good benefits and competitive salary. Good location and flexible schedule, ability to telecommute is a plus.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
Relaxed and cool place to work
Claims Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOMay 25, 2018
Nice place to work! Plenty of opportunities for advancement. Nice co-workers. Great training. The best part is Metlife always brings in food for different occasions.
Very Productive place
Disability Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTMay 24, 2018
Fun place to work, everyday was a different. Customers were fun to work with. Managers train us to be better customer service reps. Weekly mandatory meetings. One on One meetings for developmental purposes.
Pros
lots of fun activity
Cons
pay could be more