MetLife Employee Reviews

REPLACEMENT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 20, 2018
Metlife is a good company to work for with great benefits and salary. My day working at Metlife dealing with metlife agents and brokers. Management was good always available ( open door policy).The most enjoyable part of job was my co-workers. The hardest part of job was telling agents and brokers their client ws declined for coveasge.
It's a job
Report Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTMarch 20, 2018
They had a good structure. My only issue was that they moved most of their operations to NC and as a result I could not keep the job. In the end it is what it was. They had a good structure.
Stressful workplace
Senior Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLMarch 20, 2018
Several tasks to complete each day, not enough time to complete them, it is a call center environment now and unable to handle your own work at times.
Pros
work from home
Cons
stressful, work is unmanageable, poor leadership
Fun place to work
Sr Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMarch 19, 2018
Company was good to work for, communication was good and the atmosphere was a good environment to work. Employees seemed happy to come to work. Co was very fast paced.
Flexible Hours and fun culture
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 19, 2018
This company is a great place for career development and growth. The company has gone through a few re-organizations in the past couple of years that brought a bit of unbalance in the stability of positions but overall this is a great place to work for.
Stressful, Cuthroat, Make Busy Work Culture
Bank Loan Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 16, 2018
I do not know one person that honestly liked working there. Everyone on my team, who were great people, were searching for other places to work. My boss was under a lot of stress and he placed that on us. The CEO cut roughly 1$ billion worth of employee benefits, wages, etc and outsourced to contractors because the company is facing financial difficulties. Not a good place to work.
Pros
Good Location
Cons
Falling Apart Company
I would have love to work for Metlife until retirement
Loss Mitigation Rep/Backend (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 15, 2018
MetLife is an Insurance Company, the tried the Mortgage Industry and decided Mortgage wasn't a good fit. The company was great, they had good ideas, great benefits and they listen to thete employees. I would love to get hire with Metlife Insurance.
Metlife is ok
Sr. Sales Compensations Specialist - AskComp Team (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 14, 2018
Metlife is an okay place to work if you don't mind constant change and always being undermined. working here was a struggle. people silently try to get you in trouble or fired
Pros
cafe on site
Cons
hard for women to excell
IT Manager who supports clients in the Asia Region
Manager, Asia Actuarial IT (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 14, 2018
MetLife does a great job rewarding and honoring their people for a job well done, which is very nice. My Team and I have recieved quarteraly awards for the past several years as well as the annual awards from our CIO. With that said, promotions are few and far inbetween and job relocations are in process for those located in the north east .

Another perk: I am able to work from home many days due to the early morning and late evening meetings several days a week.

Eventhough the days are long the people are great. For many/most of the departments that I have seen, the company is a great place to work.
Pros
People, Sr. Officers promote employee/peer recognition, new IT Campus is beautiful
Cons
IT Jobs relocating, lack of promotions and visability
A typical Day at work
NURSE CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 13, 2018
MetLife is an extremely stressful environment where the workers are micro managed, work is shoved down your throat, and you are treated like an assembly line worker.
benefits
Cons
high turnover rate
Corporate America with a heart
Executive Admin, Sr. Comm. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 13, 2018
I grew up in this company. I made many long lasting friendships which last to this day. The people made the work bearable. I was compensated well for the work done.
Fun
Principal Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 12, 2018
Fun, innovative, progressive, modern, relaxed, forward thinking, insurance industry, digital platforming, cloud focused, flexible work arrangements if needed
Pros
Fun
Cons
Lots of work
MetLife Review
Senior Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2018
MetLife is a great place to work with caring, competent Managers and plenty of opportunities to contribute to the work environment. My Managers are very good at rewarding their associates for hard work.
New Work Group
Insurance Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2018
great company but started with a new group and things weren't in order from the start. Great training program. Great facilities and discounts locally.
A good place to work with positive people
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 12, 2018
I would have loved to be employed with them full time but it was only temporary to fill in during Christmas holiday season. There was disconnection and even separation in seating to remind temporary employees that they were not entitled to certain privileges allotted and allowed for permanent full time employees. Everyone was helpful in assisting the temporary employees.
It's OK company
SQL BI Developer, Liquidity Risk Management (Current Employee) –  cary NCMarch 11, 2018
It is very fast-paced with high stress. You have to work also attend meetings for most of days. Since I have not worked there for long and also I am a contractor, I can say much about MetLife yet.
Great Place
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 9, 2018
I loved working at Metlife, very professional. Management was awesome. Great benefits. Salary based. Like other jobs they do not make you seem like your in prison, or micro managed. I loved working for them, It was the best job I had.
MetLife
Program Management Office (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 9, 2018
Overall MetLife was a great place to work. The management there is fair and supports your growth. You will work long hours at times depending on your department.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours / Days
PCS Agent Role
PCS Agent (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 9, 2018
This is a great role for a go getter who is well resourced in their community. The opportunity to earn a very good living is readily available to me and my agency. I would recommend MetLife to any associate or principal agent looking to make a change.
War of the Roses
Global IT Org (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 6, 2018
Metlife is undergoing a human resource change and with change comes resistance. There are the old guards, experienced and comfortable in their old ways and mostly detesting the new wave.

And then there is in an influx of Generation X and Millennials ever hungry to take on the world in different ways. Workplace culture is grim most of the time with pockets of life and management is not that engaged with the floor shop.

On a scale of 1-10, it's 6 because Metlife has an above average salary scale in this region and a good benefits package.
Pros
Flexible working hours, Nice facilities for employee wellness
Cons
detached management, low level of inclusion at upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetLife. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.2K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight