MetLife Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMarch 2, 2018
Good job atmosphere enjoy working for this company. I left because my father had taken ill and I stay home with my mother to take care of him before he passed away. Would like to work for them again
Depends on your department
Family Medical Leave Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYMarch 2, 2018
I worked for MetLife for 3 years. When I started I worked in Dental department. I loved the culture and the people that I worked with. Unit Leaders were amazing, co-workers, and people cared about peoples success.

A year and a half into working at Met, I decided I wanted to experience different departments so maybe in the future I could advance because I had more experience in my career at Met. I joined FMLA and it was the worst decision I have ever made. I became depressed and stressed, belittled by management and set up to fail. ( IN MY OPINION ) Poor training, poor work morals and ethics, and not a friendly department at all. They didn't care about people personally, they cared about numbers. If you weren't doing good enough, see ya.

Perception is different for everyone, my experience wasn't the best.
Pros
Food Days, Working From Home, Flex Schedule
Cons
Management, Quality, Production, Oriskany Parking Lot
Heavy periods of high call volume
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHFebruary 28, 2018
Metlife is a very challenging, demanding, and stressful. Work life balance is very low on importance, Scheduling is not reasonable for a person with a family or single parent, I'm just saying
Pros
decent pay
Cons
unreasonable hours
A good place to work
Transfer of Assets Dept./ACAT Transfer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJFebruary 27, 2018
I worked at MetLife so long ago I do not really remember much about my experience. From what I do remember it was a good experience. My fellow employees were great to work with. It was an overall good experience.
Slave camp
Systems Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYFebruary 27, 2018
Workers were under appreciated. Management was poor at its best. You had to watch your back at all times. Management would steal your ideas, and take credit away from you when your ideas were successful.
Transformational
Bus Optimization Risk Controls Org Leader (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 27, 2018
MetLife is undergoing a significant transformation including people, process, and technology. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people. MetLife would like to create a culture of motivational leadership, however don't have the leaders in place to achieve.
Enjoyed my work experience at MetLife Home Loans
SUPERVISOR EXECUTIVE RESPONSE (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 27, 2018
When I worked for MetLife Home loans it acquired another mortgage servicing company in 2010. Therefore, same people & work environment from the prior company. This company is no longer in operations.
Pros
Family oriented and management cared about employees
Cons
industry cycles brought about change therefore, company was sold.
Fast paced, no work life balance but the money is good
Short Term Disability/FMLA Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 26, 2018
They claim to promote work life balance but its anything but that. The money is great and if you kiss up, advancement is always possible. Give ita try
Pros
Compensation
Cons
No work life balance
Great company!!
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 26, 2018
Promoted 12 times from Sales Representative to Vice President. Started in Chicago, then promoted to the Home Office in NYC, then to LA, CA. Set up a subsidiary, traveled 50 states 4 times in 2 years before being promoted to LA. Exciting, fulfilling and was able to take the LA Region from last to first out of 68 Regions and won Region of the Year. Company leader in multiple areas of performance many times. Many turnaround situations which were fun to experience. Great staff and committed people.
Pros
Quality, integrity, great people, provided a benefit for others.
Cons
Very large company, NYC time difference of 3 hours effected us on the west coast.
Diversity
Production Management Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 23, 2018
Great place to work under the right management team. Excellent benefits and stock options. Beautiful building with efficient desk spaces.
A lot of great affinity teams and Toastmasters.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, casual attire
Cons
WFH option is limited
Everchanging Landscape
Agency Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2018
It makes me very happy to say that I was apart of MetLife.
Sometimes our lives begin to change and we may find that we want something different. I would encourage anyone to pursue a career there.
Pros
great culture
Cons
Everchanging
Corporate America
Leadership Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 22, 2018
My experience with metlife was good, though I must admit I wasn't terribly impressed with the Leadership development program. It was basically a three year internship with three rotations. I moved on to a better opportunity early. great for getting your foot in the door though.
Pros
foot in door
Cons
not really challenging
Not a good fit!
Personal Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 21, 2018
Very disappointed in promises not kept.No training or support. Poorly managed.

A true example of the type of company I would not want to work with.
Very energetic enviroment
Broker Dealer New Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 21, 2018
I really enjoyed working at MetLife, I was a contract worker so I'm not familiar with the policies and procedures of the full time employees. I experience a family oriented atmosphere, management was involved and encourage employee to do the same. There was a sense of loyalty and respect that was present at all time. I would have love to be a permanent employee.
Commission Based
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Babylon, NYFebruary 21, 2018
Very good benefits. I was a commissioned sales rep. My income was based on my performance of life insurance, annuities and mutual funds. They gave you the where to get the information but the manager I had was more about the sales rather than the sales process. I learned from this job. It was a great opportunity to develop myself as a leader and manager.
Pros
Self development
What I learned
Director (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJFebruary 20, 2018
Put more confidence in your employees. Promote expanding employee knowledge. Play an active role in impacting your employees' career outlook. Give employees the chance to take on more responsibility - allow them to make mistakes and be there to help them to identify where they went wrong and how to move forward. Make everyone feel like a leader.
Pros
Work-life balance is good, depending on the department, there is flexibility with work arrangement.
Cons
Salaries are not competitive. They pay more if you come from outside.
Probably the hardest job I've ever had.
Customer Service Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIFebruary 20, 2018
Met-life is a world class employer, however the pace they put you at is incredible. Extremely goal oriented, very hard to meet or exceed any goal set forth. They never seemed to give you the tools to succeed.
MetLife Home Loans is no longer in business
Processor/underwriter (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTFebruary 20, 2018
Please see the review for this company under First Horizon Home Loans. I enjoyed many things about both First Horizon and Metlife Home Loans, but the company is no longer in business.
Paralegal Manager very unprofessional
Paralegal Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Paralegal Manager very unprofessional. Sabotaged my success. Company permits management to make inaccurate statements and performance evaluations about interns and employees without facts to support statements.
Pros
On-site cafeteria and gym
Cons
Hiring potential based on management personal decision if whether or not they like you, Manager will sabotage your succes.
Great Team
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 20, 2018
A typical day at the office, was to assist my director and sale associates in all areas of administration; answer phones, make travel arrangements, work on special projects & events, prepare lunch meetings, daily errands, etc. Very challenging and fulfilling job in terms of learning something new and rewarding most everyday. Great benefits and a beautiful office to work in.
Pros
Great Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetLife. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.2K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

70out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at MetLife.