MetLife Employee Reviews

Found 3,171 reviews matching the search See all 4,640 reviews
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dayton OHOctober 11, 2019
Great work/life balance and welcoming environment. You never feel alone in any situation. Great camaraderie among the staff and supervisors. MetLife cares about it's employees and treats them very well.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2019
Good place to work with knowledgeable people and enhance business skills. The salary is below the average though.

Management was great to work with.
Small of Setting
Marketing Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTOctober 10, 2019
The Metlife Office I worked in was small with a team of about 15 advisors. A lot of good people that worked there. But was then bought out by MassMutual the following year.
Repressive management / culture
Case Consultant (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJOctober 10, 2019
Terrible corporate culture; management out of touch; no concern for employees; low pay - long hours; no training; double-standards abound; typical corporate culture: if you kiss up, then you advance.
Fast paced environment
MetLife was a great place to work. Our portion of the business was a fast paced environment, however I learned a lot during my time with the company. The management was fair and not biased. The most enjoyable part of the job was the focus on team work.
UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 8, 2019
MetLife has a unique work culture. There are many in house frameworks/ technologies which can be learnt and worked. Diverse culture across the whole company. Friendly working environment.
Short observation
Lead Business Analyst, Select Group (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 8, 2019
They need better management. I did like the kind of things I was working on. I did like the tools they used. It felt like sweatshop. The expectations changed on a daily basis.
Pros
nearby
Cons
they do not favor converting contractors to perm
Horrible management
Webtech Representative (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHOctober 8, 2019
The unfair treatment of hard workers is why I left and the low pay with no room for advancement or ability to get pay increases made leaving easy! It’s ok if you’re young but not for a person with a home and responsibilities
STD Case Management
STD Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 7, 2019
Run,run,run!! Disaster waiting to happen.Management treats you unfairly. You're just another number.In training you're promised one thing, and how quickly does that change once you get on the floor. There's no work life balance. They're more concerned with their numbers.They won't hire enough people, so your doing more than they tell you.Manager will micromanageEVERYTHING
Benefits
Cons
Everything!!
Insurance Company
Claims Adjuster/Rental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYOctober 6, 2019
A constantly changing and evolving culture in the insurance field. Customer service skills are a requirement and a good background in this will help you be successful
Client Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 6, 2019
Great place to work. I love my teammates and manager. There are a lot of opportunities if you are interested in group insurance. Wonderful work- life balance.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Difficult to move around within company.
Great company and culture
Sr. Enterprise Security Architect (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 6, 2019
I got my start at MetLife into IT Security, growing my career over 13+ years with Met. I could not be happier for the guidance, mentoring & opportunities Met afforded to me. Absolutely would recommend MetLife to anyone looking to be challenged and have the opportunity to grow.
Great
Sales Director Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 6, 2019
Great place to work, fun atmosphere, great location, great management, great benefits fun people to work around overall really good company. I would recommend working here to anyone
Company lost its sense of purpose over time
Sr. Project Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2019
The management team lost its sense of direction and the company seemed to be drifting for a significant amount of time. Employees lost their motivation.
Call Center with no weekends required
Customer Solutions Consultant / SME / Escalation Team (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 3, 2019
Lots of Employee engagement if you work in the office. Overtime is usually available but always available during enrollment season October thru February.
Good place to work if you don’t mind staying in one place
Customer Service Representative, Telemarking (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 3, 2019
Great benefits and pay .

Job itself is staring at 2 computer screens all day with no movement .
Management is more focused on team spirit events than training .
Too many hours not allowed to claim worked
Casualty Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 2, 2019
I loved it at first, the pay was adequate, although all the men even beneath me in hierarchy were paid more, at least the ones I knew, which I found out by accident, not because I asked. I was expected to work as many hours as necessary to keep up and I did, they gave us laptops to work from home so I did. I would put in a full day at work then another 5-7 at home and all weekend. I had young kids then. I was not allowed to discuss the hours I worked or I would get told to stop by mgmt and I was not allowed to claim the hours or I’d get written up. We were all in the same boat in my department.
Pros
Strong company, good benefits pkg
Cons
Too many hours, mgmt not on the up and up. Not paid for my work.
Productive and fun workplace
New Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 2, 2019
Productive and fun workplace with great advisors that are very knowledgeable with a wonderful back office and compliance team! Great training program for new advisors.
Pros
Good Management
Good Company. Balance life and work
Lead Strategic Consultant eBusiness Projects (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJOctober 2, 2019
Good Company to work for. Workplace cultureis very friendly. Leaderhsip promotes balance life and work. Friendly atmospher. Will definitely recommend family and friends.
Pros
BAlance life and work
Cons
No job security
n/a
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 2, 2019
MetLife was a good place to work if you're getting started in sales. I had no complaints and the only reason I left, was for a better opportunity elsewhere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetLife. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K
41.6K

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight