Meta

Meta Employee Reviews

United States476 reviews

amazeperkbenefitfbexcitecontractorsnackfood

Great benefits and people

Great work life balance. Full time employees have more benefits than contractors. Pay is good. Snacks and game rooms on site. They love people who take initiative and solve problems. Must have good people skills.

Great experience

Meta is going places! The market may be confused by the move to metaverse operations but this will all make sense in the years to come. Meta is full of the smartest engineers, developers, managers, etc.!

Meta insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things

Underpaid

Contractors are extremely underpaid, the $.90 pay raise isn’t enough to actually live and feel secure outside of the job. Micromanaged until the day you leave. Benefits aren’t anything special, bare minimum for employees who work on “data sensitive” content. If my work is so important why underpay everyone who enters the building

Becoming worse

I have joined the company since 2018 and enjoyed many benefits but since a couple a years, there seems to be a trend where people are less and less reliable when you need to be accountable as if you failing makes them happy.Don't share more than necessary and succeed.

Standard big-tech job, with the pros and cons that come with that.

Great if you're looking for a big tech job, less great if you're looking for something super scrappy and entrepreneurial. Overall, a solid opportunity.

Productive and fun environment

It is a great company to work for. I had a pretty good work-life balance and interesting projects. The team was supportive^ really smart people work there. Unfortunately I started and finished during the pandemic so I don't have in-person experience with the team and never visited the office.

Love working at Meta!

I’ve been at Meta (previously Facebook) for a few years & overall love it. My team is very close & supportive. I’ve been able to learn a ton and really grow into the role. Meta is a high performance culture so I constantly feel pushed to be better which has been good for my growth but it can lead to some long weeks & mentally tiring.The compensation is very generous compared to my previous role outside of tech. The only con is that the org can be very political (as is true for most big companies) which leads to frustration & as we’ve grown benefits have started to shift. Overall though, the company puts a lot of investment in helping its employees feel fulfilled in their role & if you focus on impact your work will be rewarded.

Pros

Growth potential, free lunch, flexible hours

Cons

High performance culture, lots of work

Innovative company, but suffers from some chaos

I am in a non-tech role at Meta. It is exciting to be at the forefront of some exciting new innovations in the tech space, but the company's structure (or lack thereof) leads to a bit of frustrating chaos that could benefit from a leader early on (rather than the bottom-up development that's common now). Otherwise, the people are great, and the amenities and benefits are hard to beat. I pay very little for health care, and can have all three meals for free if I am in the office. The atmosphere is also flexible with coming in versus working at home, though this may be team-dependent. The performance review system leaves a lot to be desired; there is a lot of pressure to make measurable "impact," and some roles just don't function that way and are more reactive.

Pros

Free meals, flexibility

Cons

A lot of fire drills in non-tech roles

Great Experience

I learned a lot working at Meta (now Facebook). The team is full of incredibly talented, hard-working people and I see big things ahead for the company.

Pros

Good mentorship

Cons

None to note

great place to work

love it here. working on interesting things. Lots of opportunities for advancement. Culture is supportive and inclusive. Transparent communication at all levels.

Na

Standard 401K benefits. I believe it was a 50/50 match. You could borrow against it and pay back. It was through Principal. They had a really good online portal where you could see everything.

Fun tech job

Love educating customers in store wish we could give actual product demos of the oculus quest 2. Was easy to sell such a fun product. Had to wait for access to the keys to unlock cabinet for customers but that wasn't a big problem because I moved so fast.

Pros

Bonuses for sales and attendance, cool retail environment

Cons

Only weekend work

Toxic Work-LIfe Balance and Endless Internal Politics.

Minuses:- Manager who micromanages work product, while exhorting me to bring my own ideas.- Any change from previous work is punished.- Invisible internal politics and friction between product and research stalls projects. - Constant emphasis on rush that causes misaligned projects. Pluses:- Pay is great. Contingent Worker / UX Research.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Mismatch between actions and stated culture

What you would expect from a large company. The people are nice and great facilities. No complaints, they were always keeping things interesting day to day.

Pros

Most things

Cons

Long commute

Not my cup of tea

Facebook will end the world. We’re doomed. I didn’t think moral corruption was possible at this level. The leadership only cares about what puts money in their pockets.

Very strong job culture, also had a relaxed schedule.

Facebook was a great fit for me I simply wanted a better paying position. I would love to work in a familiar job environment.

Pros

Free lunches, and breakfast's.

Cons

No 401k matching for my position

Good pay

A lot of workGood pay Smart people - so smart you feel pressured Supportive managers but they got their hands full;What else to say? Just a job.

Good place to work as a noob (out of school)

Do you believe in their mission and the direction they are going and actions (corrective) they have taken?It started out as connecting people together and bringing the world together, which is fine. Now it seems they want you to be in their metaverse universe where you create a “twin” of yourself in the internet so you can live and also conduct commerce and be bombarded with ads.No thanks!

Pros

Free stuff every quarter

Cons

Authentic self is more said than expected

Decent place to work.

A lot of benefits and the salary is good. It is a good place for fast growth. You work on great projects and the management is actually pretty good.

Pros

fast growth, great project and mentorship

Cons

not the most ideal work-life balance

Fun place to work, good pay

Fun place to work, good pay, contractors get treated very badly. Management always cover themselves and don’t care about supporting the team. 3 Free meals a day, time off is hard to get.

Pros

Free Meals

Cons

Management is out for themselves

I love working here. It has changed my life and given me many amazing professional and person life experiences to live by. I left due to relocation but recommend anyone to work here !

Pros

Free food

Cons

Long commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meta. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

73%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

81%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss