Meta
Happiness rating is 70 out of 100

Meta Employee Reviews

United States538 reviews

fbperkcontractorfoodsmartfreeculturesnack

very educative environment to work

a conducive environment to learn and grow your career. Management care about the safety of his employees and invest much in training of their workers .

Not bad, but do feel pressure

Overall it is not bad. A lot of smart coworkers. However, it is true about the psc driven culture . Which made things weird. People have to chase after "impact" .

Meta insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Great pay and benefits, awful everything else.

Work life balance doesn't exist at Meta. I had to be available 24/7, with regularly scheduled meetings at literally any time day or night, and I was in HR. The pay isn't worth the stress and hours.

Pros

Free lunch

One of the best places to work, period.

Best work experience I've ever had. Onboarding is thorough. You choose when you are done and can choose your team. People are talented and kind, so it's easy to learn new things. Developer experience is unreal. Internal tools are great, creating a new dev instance is a breeze. All code is available.

benefit, team culture supportive

well paid. most co-workers are supportive and friendly. After re-org/layoff/re-org, things got crazy. We have to take over so many other team's works that we weren't familiar with in a short time. And everyone is eager/rush to show productive results. Things moving really fast but not really productive/meaningful in long term anymore.

Pros

free lunch/benefit

Cons

moving fast/pressure

Good place to work but have to consider about impact all the time

The work is meaningful and can be used by millions of users, which would make you satisfied. However, since it's a social media company, employees are forced to post in the internal workplace to talk about their impacts to increase visibility, which might be a con for someone who prefers other ways.

Dream company

I loved working at Facebook in the past five years, but 2022 was a sad year, as we are now called Meta. Mark is a great CEO, always caring for the employees.

Pros

free lunch, free iphone 14 free mac all perks

Cons

metaverse layoff stock tanked

Great experience as SWE Intern

My team had incredible work-life balance, my skip-manager worked with everyone to help them achieve their promotion goals (even if they were to not be promoted this year). Compensation is very high.

Pros

Free meals, very high salary, great benefits

fun place

but if you strip the in-office experience away the work is draining. you can get great opportunity for visibility but depending on ic little room for advancement.

focus on employees

can't complain when you realize how much the company does for its employees. It's kind of crazy seeing people complain about reduction in amenities considering that most other companies don't offer nearly as much

benefits

Cons

company politics

Good pay but toxic culture

The company only aim to bring benefit but does not care about safety or work-life balance of workers. My manager has no experience to train me or be supportive.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Toxic culture

no communication from upper management

culture is great but the company doesn't communicate with their employees, you'll learn about company news from outside the company. Pay is great, with great benefits.

Business is going through a radical shift

The vast majority of my experience has been positive. I do think that the brand is rather tarnished at the present moment, rightfully so at times. My team has a great work culture filled with rather passionate folks. The recent layoffs signal is radical shift in the company's operational model is underway. Rough times and wallet tightening ahead.

Pros

Benefits are top notch, respectfully attempts meritocracy

Cons

Ambiguous product direction, recent layoffs, brand

Great talents but lack of directions

I was in the management role and felt lucky to work with a great team of talented individual contributors. Sadly, I can’t say the same about the senior management and cross org leadership. Teams have been overworked since hiring freeze early this year, while being told to “work more with less.” It’s not worth to sacrifice one’s health and personal life to compensate the lack of vision and focus due to leadership mismanagement.

Pros

People, company perks, remote work policy

Cons

Leadership who lacks vision, cut-throat culture

Lack of transparency, lies

Closed off team with secrets, lack of transparency into how to progress. A manager who couldn't give a hoot about career progression. Over emphasis on Metaverse

Great Bennefits!

Meta offers really great benefits and decent pay. Culture is struggling right now with cuts and layoffs. It is a high-intensity and data-driven company. My experience was that the teams at Meta were great, but the leadership was very disconnected.

Good learning experience, unsure on future

I learned a lot from the growth team and was positively surprised by how much impact I had the opportunity to make at such a large company. Unfortunately, I can't recommend interning at Meta based on how they handled internship return offers. Based on my conversations with other interns, they only issued return offers to a select number of SWE interns and zero non-SWE interns.

Pros

high talent level, engaged teammates, great comp and benefits

Cons

company direction seems uncertain at the moment, could be high risk high reward or strictly negative

Was a great company

In the 2012-2013 era, Facebook (now Meta) was a great company to work for. You could ship code quickly, very collaborative environment, and it was a lot of fun. Seems that things have changed.

Lots of learning

Learnt a lot in a short span of time, fast moving and fast growing culture, free food, gym, and perks are too good. Most of the time, you will be overworked.

Good Company

Great benefit and compensation. It is competitive working as an intern, people constantly work overtime. The most enjoyable part of the job is to have free breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Grandes proyectos y compensaciones

Mucha facilidad para trabajo en remoto o deslocalizado, buen salario y beneficios

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meta. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits