Meta

Meta: 467 Employee Reviews

United States467 reviews

Meta insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Great benefits and people

Great work life balance. Full time employees have more benefits than contractors. Pay is good. Snacks and game rooms on site. They love people who take initiative and solve problems. Must have good people skills.

Na

Standard 401K benefits. I believe it was a 50/50 match. You could borrow against it and pay back. It was through Principal. They had a really good online portal where you could see everything.

Fun tech job

Love educating customers in store wish we could give actual product demos of the oculus quest 2. Was easy to sell such a fun product. Had to wait for access to the keys to unlock cabinet for customers but that wasn't a big problem because I moved so fast.

Pros

Bonuses for sales and attendance, cool retail environment

Cons

Only weekend work

Toxic Work-LIfe Balance and Endless Internal Politics.

Minuses:- Manager who micromanages work product, while exhorting me to bring my own ideas.- Any change from previous work is punished.- Invisible internal politics and friction between product and research stalls projects. - Constant emphasis on rush that causes misaligned projects. Pluses:- Pay is great. Contingent Worker / UX Research.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Mismatch between actions and stated culture

What you would expect from a large company. The people are nice and great facilities. No complaints, they were always keeping things interesting day to day.

Pros

Most things

Cons

Long commute

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Not my cup of tea

Facebook will end the world. We’re doomed. I didn’t think moral corruption was possible at this level. The leadership only cares about what puts money in their pockets.

Very strong job culture, also had a relaxed schedule.

Facebook was a great fit for me I simply wanted a better paying position. I would love to work in a familiar job environment.

Pros

Free lunches, and breakfast's.

Cons

No 401k matching for my position

Good pay

A lot of workGood pay Smart people - so smart you feel pressured Supportive managers but they got their hands full;What else to say? Just a job.

Good place to work as a noob (out of school)

Do you believe in their mission and the direction they are going and actions (corrective) they have taken?It started out as connecting people together and bringing the world together, which is fine. Now it seems they want you to be in their metaverse universe where you create a “twin” of yourself in the internet so you can live and also conduct commerce and be bombarded with ads.No thanks!

Pros

Free stuff every quarter

Cons

Authentic self is more said than expected

Decent place to work.

A lot of benefits and the salary is good. It is a good place for fast growth. You work on great projects and the management is actually pretty good.

Pros

fast growth, great project and mentorship

Cons

not the most ideal work-life balance

Fun place to work, good pay

Fun place to work, good pay, contractors get treated very badly. Management always cover themselves and don’t care about supporting the team. 3 Free meals a day, time off is hard to get.

Pros

Free Meals

Cons

Management is out for themselves

I love working here. It has changed my life and given me many amazing professional and person life experiences to live by. I left due to relocation but recommend anyone to work here !

Pros

Free food

Cons

Long commute

people work with are smart and helpful. Job is challenging but with good support. good pay and benefits. easy internal transfer policy. overall a good place to work for.

good company

very clear annd honest company. it is vert easy to rise through your job. tht is why it is one of the most important place to work. go ahead. you will not regret.

So Phony

Facebook has incredible pay and benefits but is rotten to the core. After working there, I do not believe the company truly cares about the evil it causes around the world. It sees threats everywhere, and no one is allowed to question its mission or practices.Internally, the promotion system is shallow and a constant source of stress. It's Lord of the Flies disguised as utopia. If you want to work somewhere where you will literally be coached to keep a phony smile on your face and pretend all your work is solid gold, no matter how worthless it is, this is your company.

Pros

Swag, Pay and Beneys

Cons

Everything else.

its okay..

nothing to write home about. benefits and such are average for this kind of industry and industry family. other than that i would say it largely depends on where you work.

Pros

pay, time

Cons

stress

Productive and a fun place to work at!

Working at facebook is like being part of a community where everyone is always willing to help you grow! I have gained most of my confidence in a work environment by working at Facebook.

Pros

Super support and inclusivity.

Cons

My particular team doesn't provide much flexibility

Great pay and global brand

Very supportive environment. Transparent. Well compensated staff. Impactful products which many people use. Very people-first environment encourages work/life balance.

All great!

FB is a fantastic place to work. The company is growing like crazy so there's always new projects or opportunities to be had. It's very much a start-up company in a big company's body. So, if you're an innovator and a self-starter you'll love it here.

Great pay and perks, hard to level up and showcase impact

Good pay, and perks. It is a Fast-paced environment. There is alot to learn and to master. The company has grown a lot therefore there is a lot of internal competition and the environment can feel cutthroat.

Pros

Pay, perks, networking and exposure to some of the brightest minds.

Cons

Growing pains. The company has grown alot. It can seem hard to level up and showcase impact.

Productive and fun workplace.

It's a good place to work and is a fun place to work. I've learned from working here and the people I work with are really nice. I love my manager and they listen to you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meta. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Meta.
Powered byComparably
  • Meta
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?