MetaBank Employee Reviews

Great environment for interns
Commercial Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 4, 2019
The internship at MetaBank allowed me to gain valuable work experience while feeling like I had the support of my superiors. Constant support, good level of pressure.
My MetaBank Experience
Information System Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 18, 2018
A typical day at work included showing up 15 minutes early to have enough time for the casual cup of coffee and the good mornings from all my co-workers.

Working in a larger office with several employees would normally seem overwhelming but everyone was so friendly it felt like a large family.

During my employment, my family was going through a tough time and everyone pitched in to make me feel cared about and comfortable.

I left MetaBank after my wife endured a horrible pregnancy, but yet we were blessed with a healthy son. To be closer to family in a different state we moved back and I found a job close by.

I can't guarantee this experience for everyone and I am a pretty easy person to please but for me, the work comes easy when the culture is right.
No Communication
Assistant Processor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 16, 2018
I worked at Metabank/ Refund Advantage Louisville KY location. I loved my job, the pay was great. However the opportunity for advancement was little to none. Communication between management and staff was minimal. In fact we showed up to work an email was sent for a meeting and we were all told it was our last day! No warning nothing!
Pros
good pay
Cons
No communication, no advancement, poor management
Working and Metabank
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 6, 2018
MetaBank is a private bank that is based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Working for MetaBank brought great experience to my professional life. I liked working there but I had to relocate to Des Moines to join my fiancee who was expecting a baby.
Fun, tightly-knit work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 1, 2018
Mostly routine work being done daily, employees are very close with co-workers and customers. Job includes customer service, and daily tasks to make sure the bank runs smoothly.
All around great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 27, 2017
Great company to work for. Great people to work with. Always something more to learn and do. Great managers to train then guide employees. Hardest part was dealing with irate customers but manager always there to help if we needed.
Law and banking
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 27, 2017
These two career paths were good for me. I enjoy banking and find the legal fields fascinating. Met many very smart people who shared their knowledge with me.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Recession caught me off guard.
Fun and growing business
Database Developer (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 22, 2017
The business is growing and expanding quickly. Different culture and environment than all the other banks I have worked at. Relaxed dress code. Training and executive communication and meetings. I have suggested this place to multiple friends.
Innovative Banking Company
Product Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 11, 2017
This company helped me learn so much more about the banking industry that I previously didn't know about. The management here helped me grow my own personal skills and help me find a path that truly matched my own goals. Everyone here was easy to get a long with but I think the cubicle like structure made it hard to interact with everyone. Overall it's a very forward thinking banking company that I would recommend anyone to work at.
Pros
Great management, Flexible hours, Freedom with work
Cons
Not a lot of advancement opportunities
great benefits, great management
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 17, 2017
overall great place to work, nice location, great management and co workers, hardest part of the job was doing repetitious work and not having flexibility with hours a
Pros
great benefits, great hours
great place to work
Business Banking Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 12, 2017
This is a great place to work with great co-workers and management! Great benefits, pay, work environment is professional but very positive with a little fun mixed in. Great location and the people are the best there! Would highly recommend!
Pros
flexible, caring, positive
Great place to work!
Business Banking Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 7, 2016
Great organization with top notch management. Wonderful working environment and great people to work with! Very professional, intelligent employees, great people, little drama and an awesome work and life balance. Highly recommend.
Great Company
INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST II (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 15, 2016
Great company and great people. I would recommend this place to anybody. The CEO is a great person too. The company cares a lot for its employees and always shares its successes with its employees.
Very friendly enviroment with daily employee encouragement meetings
Mortgage Loans Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 20, 2015
I really felt welcomed at this business. They celebrated everyone's birthday and were very concerned about all employees equally. They gave you kudos in a way that you select when you are hired, ie; by word, thank you note, announcement. Very encouraging environment, and they liked to keep everyone feeling like a team.
Pros
Very understanding of appointments that you may have
Cons
One manager was a little too micro-managing
Friends working for Friends
Software Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 13, 2014
learn and leave.
Learned agile and lean methodologies.
Its not what you do, its how you do it that matters.
Pros
I have seen worse places
Cons
Nepotism
Good enoviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJuly 14, 2014
Prepared beverages and talked with customers. Typical day included completing the cleaning checklist and working and managing my time alone.
Software Administrator (Former Employee) –  Storm Lake, IAAugust 5, 2012
Learned a great deal.
Worked with people in several location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetaBank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight