Metabolic Research Center Employee Reviews

Sales and Service Environment
Lead Coach (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMarch 31, 2019
Competitive fast paced work environment. Lots of variety and fun. Tasks change daily and range from making calls to helping customers to continuing job training.
Weired vibes from management.
Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 27, 2019
During my tenure. The supervisors were out of touch. (Most were previous clients and knew virtually nothing re: management/training, employee retention, good decision making, or basically NOTHING where employees were treated with a gracious level of respect. There was NEVER a sense of job security, no matter how hard or dedicated you were. There seemed to always a sense of a "secret society." If management liked you you were SAFE!!!
Pros
Helping clients.
Cons
Nothing no appreciation. No ideas could be discussed or even a possibility of consideration.*
Fabulous place
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 28, 2019
I have been here going on 2 years. I know people coming in on a first name basis and even shock some that I can remember their names. I get to put a smile on peoples faces every day. I ask questions to the coaches and manager I work with to help people when they just want to come in for a quick weigh in so they still feel like they got the service they deserved. My questions are always answered and I never feel stupid or scared to ask them. I look forward to my job every day and never go home in a bad mood. My manager and coaches are all my friends. We communicate even on nonworking hours. I love the group of ladies I work with! I couldn't ask for a better place. I always growing and learning new things!
Pros
Discounts, helping people, fun environment, awesome coworkers and manager
Rewarding in many ways
Weight Loss Consultant/Education Connections Spec (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALDecember 22, 2018
Very rewarding to help and teach clients to get to their goal weight.
Pay was also a bonus bc of commission. Would have been nice to get bonuses if hit a certain goal.
Culture was great.
Training was informative.
Pros
Friendly staff, Not too competitive, Saving lives
Cons
No bonus structure, No Continued Edu, Not much room for advancement
Most rewarding career I have ever had!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID, Vancouver, WANovember 8, 2018
The job is what you put in. If you dive in and are fully engaged, you get that back. It is a team environment so drama is a no-no and everyone is expected to work together and support one another. The clients are the best part. You get to know the best people and are blessed to see their successful weight loss journey! Not everyone can do this job. You have to have sales ability, be somewhat competitive, and thrive in an independent learning environment. I love to learn and I love the challenge so this is my career choice and I plan to retire with Metabolic.
The goal of this company was to get people to choose their weight loss method.
Center Nurse/Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 19, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of counseling people on how to use the method for weight loss that we promoted. I don't feel like I learned much of anything valuable at this job. Management was rude and dishonest. The hardest part of the job was feeling like I was lying to people. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the people.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
Seeing people not succeed.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEAugust 5, 2018
This was a sales position that was extremely manipulative and deceitful in their practices. I had moral issues with these tactics and felt that the management was abusive.
Metabolic Research was only a temporary job until I found something better.
Sales/Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 3, 2018
MRC didn't offer any benefits. There was a weight requirement that you had to maintain to remain employed. Only offered a discount on products of 10% but wanted you to use the products so that you could sell them to clients.
Pros
flexible schedule, rotating weekends
Cons
pay wasn't very good, management opportunities, clichish
Sales driven
Weight Loss Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 12, 2018
The job could be stressful at times. The center I worked at was not managed very well and communication lacked. I felt at times the environment could be toxic and munipulation was often use to motivate.
Wonderful and Hard Working Staff
Registered Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 8, 2018
This is a place you can feel comfortable and welcome. There goal is to change peoples lives for the better through losing weight and gaining their life back.
Weight loss is not the primary goal
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 17, 2018
Working for Metabolic Research Center was a blessing and a curse. The management constantly changes so the flow of work constantly changes. The company pushes sales over any and every aspect of weight loss and wellness. That characteristic of business is understandable because it is a business but in the hands of selfish management, it can present limitations for the clients. There is a reason why the surrounding satellite centers have closed and that is because of limited necessary resources needed for the locations to grow. The only benefit I received in working for MRC was the counseling the clients, and the celebrating their journey of weight loss and healthier living. In order for a business to thrive, all parties have to be on the same page, starting from the top to the bottom. This has never been the case with MRC. The turnover rate was and still is 100%. If you care about wholeheartedly helping your clients, pursue your career with a company that puts them first.
Pros
Clients losing weight
Cons
Inconsistent and stressful work environment
not a great place
Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 30, 2018
Loved the clients but couldn't handle the environment. No training unless you do it on your own time. Always changes without being told. Never know what your hours for the week are bc no schedule half the time.
Pros
helping people
Cons
too many changes and negatively
Not a a great place to work
Weight Loss Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 23, 2018
Poor management and not given the proper training to succeed.I was given some initial training, then the ball was dropped. The regional manger was flaky and always had a personal issue going. She had high expectations of others while giving very little to the betterment of the team.
No advancement and poor management
Coach (Former Employee) –  ArkansasApril 1, 2018
There are no benefits and health insurance is not the best. Overall supervisors are great, individual center management is poor. Pay is based on commissions mainly
clientelle was too difficult
Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 12, 2018
the market for weight loss clinic is over rated in this area. the average annual income for these services is too low to compensate for the cost of the services.
Pros
I utilized my nutrition background and really helped this people to change their life
Cons
pay was not enough. bring new clients in was very hard
Very fun, but no room for growth
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoyed working for MRC. The culture was fun. I also enjoyed the freedom to do my job according to my skills, and character. I wish there had been more room for advancement, and financial growth.
Pros
Fun Culture, Freedom, Flexibility
Cons
No room for growth
Just an Awful Place to Work
Weight Loss Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 12, 2018
I do not recommend working here, they never offer raises and you are expected to sell $15,000+ worth of weight loss programs and products every month, forcing you to view people who are coming to you for help as walking wallets. And it's just not really possible to consistently sell that much when yo live in a fairly small town.
Pros
Decent commission, fun coworkers.
Cons
Poor management, poor hourly wage, no raises, no upward momentum.
Busy non flexible job
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 14, 2017
The job started out too good to be true, by being told lies in my initial interview. There was hardly any flexibility with employees schedule's. The focus seemed to be more on sales than the clients. Very inconsistent on information from the top of management where it would cause confusion all the way down to the clients.
Pros
Meeting and encouraging people of their success
Cons
Pay and no flexibility
Deeply Satisfying job with tremendous career opportunities
Management (Current Employee) –  MissouriDecember 14, 2017
Very rewarding work helping people lose weight and get healthy. Tremendous opportunities in a sales and service environment for income growth and advancement.
Pros
Rewarding. Great income opportunity. Fast Paced.
Cons
Requires drive and ambition in sales. Poor fit if you are not sales and service driven.
Stressful ,competive no team work, poor manager
Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 31, 2017
Like helping clients reach health and wellness goals. Help coming up with short term goals. Strong sales and communication skills. Banking and inventory skills.
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Long days, everyone is out for their self.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metabolic Research Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8