Metal Flow Employee Reviews

Laid back work, not too difficult, but management is very uncoordinated.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 25, 2019
It’s easy to get along with just about everyone at the company, a lot of good employees there. Management however is uncoordinated and unprofessional and not easy to get along with.
No thank you
OSS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 10, 2019
One has always known that if there is nothing to say then to say nothing at all. I can not think of anything more positive then they had a good caterer for a lunch in one time.
Pros
Free water in the summer months.
Cons
Do not get me started.
good place to be from
CNC Machinist/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 10, 2018
good place to have worked. I enjoyed the time i was there but i need to move forward with my career. There is very little chance to advance my position.
Good work place. Really low pay.
Operator and 3rd shift lead (Former Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 16, 2018
Hard to get advanced, unless you want to take a lot or class and wait over a year, raises are very small and you Also have to wait a year for. People are good work environment is good also.
Good people to work with
Technical Operator (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 2, 2018
Metal flow has a very good group of people to work with and the executives all seem to be quite nice. However, the pay is not up to industry standards for operators and technical operators and they are expected to work well beyond their pay grade. The apprenticeship program is also kind of a joke.
Great place to work, especially while in school
Brush Cell Operator/Shipping (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 9, 2018
I work first shift (6am-2:30pm) I started out in Value Add/ Connector Product Line. Now I work in the brush cell. Everyone is very kind and helpful. The hardest part of the job is when on rare occasion we run low on parts and then there are times where we will get bombard with parts. While I was in college they were willing to work with my school requirements such as internships.
Pros
Safety Lunches, Gainshare, Birthday Cake Thursdays, Full Benifits, 401K
Blantant lies
Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 9, 2018
Promised a progression of frequent raises starting at 6 month review (which didn't actually take place until 8.5 months). Management fabricated and justified an excuse explaining that even though my job title was a Technical Operator Level 1, I was already receiving Level 3 or 4 pay. They weren't sure which of the two I was actually earning. Went on to further explain that I wasn't the only one that wouldn't be receiving a raise as promised. Truthfully, I rather enjoyed my time there, initially, but my moral rapidly decreased upon being told that I would not be receiving a wage increase, as promised.
Great food and friendly people
Quality tech (Former Employee) –  Holland miFebruary 8, 2018
Like most companies, Most of the managers had no formal education yet they wanted to have the educated work for them. How do you respect a person who says fur instead of for. The technology is out of the 1950s. They measure a part using its shadow.
Pros
air conditioned
Cons
closed environment
Very nice enviroment.
Accounts payable specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 5, 2017
Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The staff are well trained and open for any feedback. They take care of their employees well by recognizing and rewarding those who deserve it.
Good place if u want a hired n position
Metal sorter (Current Employee) –  Holland, MI 49424April 27, 2017
The work is easy and u can sit down while u work. They train you good, at least for the common defects you see. And only have to work weekends every other weekend. Work environment is a lot of drama though.
Pros
Benefits, hired in, good breaks
Its a great place to work.
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 19, 2017
Metal Flow is a decent place to work. Since day one, they made sure I was adequately trained and comfortable in my position. They are friendly and open to new suggestions. One big accomodation is depending on how successful we are at our position, depicts our monthly gainshare bonus, and lately they have been exceptional. They offer numerous training classes to ensure everyone is familar with the company's operations.
Pros
Safety luncheons, gainshare bonus monthly, and decent insurance.
Cons
Lack of communiation.
Good place to work, the pay could be better
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 13, 2017
People are friendly, and it is clean. They need more room as business is picking up. They are looking at different options as it seems to be growing. It really is a nice place to work but the pay could be better.
Pros
clean, good benifits
Cons
Pay could be better
Fantastic growing company that is having growing pains, but a great company to work for.
CFO (Former Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 21, 2016
Great team environment, with every effort to run the company in the best interest of the team members.

The company is hiring like crazy and growing and they take great care of the team members with free lunches, celebrate good milestones and have a great gainsharing program for all employees.
Pros
Free Lunches and Hams and anniversary pins.
Cons
Growing pains
Die setter (Current Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 23, 2015
Metal Flow is a small company with big aspirations. They are committed to providing a work/life balance to employees on all levels. That being said, It is a manufacturing facility and there is always work to be done.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Some inexperienced managers
Good Company
Cmm Programmer / Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 2, 2015
Family owned company with a friendly atmosphere. Great benefits and friendly team members. Located in a good part of Holland, MI.
Great place...
Quality (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 24, 2015
... if you have the right last name. I could not get over the cliquey, last-name-dependent nature of how this place is structured. They offer good benefits and gain share performance incentives, but their kool-aid just tasted funny overall. The quality department's sole purpose it seems, is to be the umbrella that takes care of everyone else's lack of planning and management for launch and problem solving activities. Only reactive, nothing proactive.
Benefits
Cons
Too much family
A good company to work for
Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 9, 2014
Metal Flow was a great company to work for. Most all the employees were very down to earth and enjoyable to work with. Also, they allowed ample opportunity to learn new skills for those who wished and I took advantage coming away with a much larger skill set than I had going into the company.
Fun people
Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 2, 2013
Great atmosphere to work in. I left due to pursuing my own business full time
Metal stamping superviser,trainer, setup.
Setup technician (Former Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 26, 2012
I have 33 years experince in the metal stamping field ,setting and repairing tools and stamping presses and also in charge of training apprentices and feel that I am a the top canidate for any stamping job
Production Work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 24, 2012
Was not the greatest job because I was moved from 2nd to 3rd shift several times and not asked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metal Flow. Our community is ready to answer.

Metal Flow Reviews by Location