Metalcraft of Mayville, Inc. Employee Reviews

2.4
Ratings breakdown
Mangement bullies all workers under them
worker (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIAugust 2, 2018
Worst place I have ever worked due to Management bullying anyone below them. HR covered for them also so all you had left to do was quit. Owner just looks the other way.
Pros
401K was good and the workers
Cons
Management were bullies
Do not waste your time
Welder (Current Employee) –  Mayville, WIFebruary 23, 2018
Management couldn't run a popcorn stand! 2-3 times a week you run out of parts you need to do your job, but are required to work endless amounts of overtime! If you work really hard and get your parts done way ahead of schedule you still get to sacrifice your weekends to come in and do your co-worker's (whom is paid alot more an hour than you) job because they are behind schedule at this fantastic place! If you are a mindless robot, with no career advancement goals, and no life outside of work...then you should most definitely apply at Mentalcraft of Mayville!!!
Pros
Cons
Poor management, long hours, no life, weak union
Great Place to Work
Robotic Welder (Current Employee) –  West Bend, WIFebruary 22, 2018
I started as an Assembler on 1st shift (6p
Am-230pm) at Metalcraft and it's a great starting position. It's fast paced, phyiscally demanding, great hours, a collbrative enviroment, and great co-workers/team leads/management.

Currently I work 2nd shift (2pm-10pm) as a Robotic Welder just like assembly it's fast paced, physically demanding, great hours, a collbrative enviroment and great co-workers/team leads/management.

There generally is always overtime to work either in your main department or you could work in another department which is great. I've worked among many departments here which is a great learning experience and change in pace.

The shop floor is hot during the summer months but it is alright as long as you stay hydrated. They have vending machines that dispence water bottles for free and they provide flavored electrolyte packets to add to the water. There is also chest freezers that they stock that have Popsicles and other cold items to help stay hydrated.The break rooms have AC.

On a safety note everything you do in a manufacturing environment you need to be aware of what your doing and pay attention to things around you. Accidents can happen if your not paying attention. If something
is broken or defective report it maintaince/management is pretty quick at resolving the issue.

Overall there are alot of great opportunities/experiences here and it's a great place to work. Sure you'll have some bad days like anything you do but overall they are trumped by good ones.
Pros
Health Benefits, Vacation, Life/Work Balance, Free Lunchs
If you like stress, this is the place for you
Welder (Current Employee) –  MayvilleJanuary 31, 2018
You will have a boss standing over your shoulder 40-50% of the day telling you to go faster and make the product better. If you can handle that more power to you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Stress and deceit
Very poor management at mayville and west bend plant
Former assembler 10 plus years (Former Employee) –  Mayville and west bendJanuary 17, 2018
Very poor management and they dont care about any of their employees. If u have a opinion they will do anything to force u out and make your life miserable
Cons
Not bad,but no job security
Metal Finisher (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WISeptember 7, 2017
I had an on the job injury brewing from constant use of poor equipment and was moved to a different department before my 90 days were up. Two weeks before said days were up, they let me go stating it was against policy to move departments before the 90 days, even though they offered to move me. Pretty sure they just didn't want me to make it to getting benefits,then possibly taking off to get it corrected.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Poor equipment, shady
Money is the only good thing about this place
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Mayville, WIMarch 12, 2017
This company lures you in by saying they want hard workers and value your opinion but once you start trying to make your job better they will do everything they can to get rid of you. All they want are mindless, spineless employees that do monotanous monkey work. The management encourages employees to go against each other If you have a brain and actually want to use it, you will not be valued here. They wages are good but not worth the chaos that goes with it.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Management, coworkers, nonsupport of teamwork, inappropriate behavior everywhere
Good benifits, great pay, and freedom to my job
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Mayville, WIFebruary 3, 2017
Typical work day for the most part I manage myself. Management is there for support, otherwise they let me do my job. They know, I know what I need to do on daily basis. I kit up racks with parts of many kinds, hundreds of parts daily. Most times six kids every day. Drive forklift to take empty baskets out and put full ones back in its place. I manage racks to send out stripping, to get removed and put clean racks back in the system. When getting low on parts, I talk to lead people or supervisor let know what I need and when they will be available.

Management lets me know the good job I am doing and that it's appreciated. They let me come in early, stay late, or both. Whatever I believe I need to do to get the done.

Great benefits, great wages, and good people to work with and for!
Solid comapany to work for
Bargaining Employe (Former Employee) –  Mayville, WIJuly 22, 2016
This is a company that cares about it employees and offers great benefits.

Both locations are ran with the same goal in mind even though one is union and one is not