Metalsa Employee Reviews

Was okay
Welder (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYApril 9, 2019
Did not like the job or the management. Did not work alot of overtime. Did not like tge hours. Has been been along since I have worked there. Not sure what it is like now.
Unorganized
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 4, 2019
The work is ok. Team leaders and supervisors are clueless. Unorganized and lack of training in certain areas. Too much favoritism amongst the supervisors and production workers.
Pros
Free lunches, decent pay
Cons
Short breaks, bad management, lack of training
People are awesome!!
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMarch 20, 2019
It’s union so it’s not to bad. They need to improve. I would go back if I could. I loved the people I worked with. I started out welding, went to forklift driver, to working in quality. Pay is good. Work life balance sucks.
Cons
Management needs work
poor managment
Welding Technician (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMarch 5, 2019
good job close to home,poor management,dont do anything they say,hard to know exactly what your job is,if your a good worker they take advantage of you,
Pros
close to home
Cons
non union
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYFebruary 26, 2019
Great place to work. Great people and good job. Maintenance manager is a great person to work for. HD personnel, particularly Amanda and Grant are terrible at their jobs.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Poor upper management.
A very productive job, with diversity in abundance. A good place to work.
Product Technician (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYFebruary 12, 2019
Overall Metalsa is a good place to work. It's "Union" and pays competitive wages. The people I work with are very helpful and management has an open door policy.
Mixed feelings
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYFebruary 11, 2019
Here is Metalsa in an eggshell. Management makes bad decisions regularly, but they are trying to do better. People there are complainers. Coordinators can be awful or fantastic. It kind of a luck of the draw deal. I hope you like working overtime if you want to work there.
Pros
Pay, benefits, and co-workers
Cons
work life to home life ratio, poor air quality, and co-workers
its a great place to work at certain areas
Welder,Forklift Driver,Product Tech,Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJanuary 24, 2019
Its not about what you know its who you know that makes the job ruff. I not really a big fan of favoritism an feel everyone needs to be treated equal an that's not the way the company does.
Pros
pay an lunch
Cons
management
competitive and fun workplace
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJanuary 20, 2019
Great company with great employees. My manager was the best I have ever had the opportunity to work with, as well as my supervisor. I enjoyed working with this company.
Fun productive job
Final Inspector (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 14, 2019
I loved working at metalsa the people there are so awesome meet allot of good people and learned allot the management was awesome supervisor we're nice monday- Friday not stressful
Pros
Good shifts
Cons
Moved out of state
Would not recommend
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYNovember 20, 2018
Place should have a revolving door for maintenance techs! Pi poor training, if you make a mistake, they will start trying to fire you. It is no wonder they are always hiring, because they are always firing !!!!!!
Pros
Hope you like pizza and donuts.
Cons
Work 12/7 days
Always doing something
Welder (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYNovember 19, 2018
Coordinators make the difference. Always working non stop. A-lot of OT, not bad if you don't have a family. Work isn't all that hard, just repetitive.
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYOctober 24, 2018
It is a good place to work. Employees are nice and work with you, HD helps you when you need time off. Everyone tries to work together to get the job done.
Pros
rewarded meals
Average
Maintenance/Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYOctober 14, 2018
Nothing horrible Nothing great. They do their best to take care of their employees. The company truly cares about everyone's safety. They want everyone to return home to their family every day.
Decent place to work
Tool room supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYOctober 9, 2018
lack of communication is the biggest problem here, very easy to advance if you have the drive to do so , very hard to balance family life and work a lot of overtime.
Great company with very good benefits/profit sharing. Very supportive coworkers, fun work environment.
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYOctober 7, 2018
Good pay, excellent benefits, overtime but not excessive, company activities, community involvement, environmentally friendly, great employee support, strives to improve company/employee relations/work environment, room for advancement, education programs, fast paced hot environment. It's definitely a company I would recommend.
Pros
I've listed the pros above plus breaks every 2 hours, free Gatorade & freeze pops, attendance bonuses, AT time, various catered meals and on site showers.
Cons
It is hot but suggested measures are considered and have been implemented.
Horrible!
Production worker (Former Employee) –  OwensboroOctober 3, 2018
Run as fast as you can to the point of utterly ridiculous. Do not make mistakes even though they will not tell you how to properly do the task. Bad management . Lies about everything. Bullies the unfortunate person who works for thess Jerks !AVOID! The "training" is a complete joke , they tell you nothing . Never again... Forget about the welding class they told you about to suck you into their scam, all of it is a lie. You will regret working for this company . When you treat people like dirt , you have a high turnover rate , duh. Greedy , uncaring company tied in with Toyota.
1st shift was a very comfortable workplace
floater (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 17, 2018
At the time this was a totally different type of workplace. Now there are many more job title that the money was good and hrs was there when I wanted.
Pros
great money
Cons
being drafted to work when I didnt want to
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYSeptember 15, 2018
It was a good work place, everyone was helpful when I first came and I didn’t know what I was doing. I learned a lot working there. No hard job really the most enjoyable part was lifting those parts seriously.
Pros
Everyone had a bond.
Cons
Humid
Great job, lots of hours.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 7, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Metalsa, and would definitely go back. The work environment was relaxed and there was room for advancement. Also, management was very professional there.