Metalsa

Metalsa Employee Reviews in Elizabethtown, KY

Elizabethtown, KY188 reviews

Metalsa insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Production and state of art equipment

Working for metalsa was good experience for me. I was able to move up fast and my talent was noticed and rewarded. Overall I like the company and gained knowledge

Pros

Great benefits Big company Advancement is achievable

Cons

Layoffs Pay is low

Horrible place to work.

Horrible place to work. The people are messy and there is always fighting with the union and management. They do not promote the right people within. It is a good old boy system.

Pros

Health benefit was okay

Cons

The is no work-life balance.

It's a job to pay your bills

If willing to work as much o/t as possible then can make great money. Effort to do more than is required of job description is a waste and will only cause you trouble. Do not trust anyone above you. Best to just go to work do your job and go home. HR and union are both jokes and do nothing to help you. They are 100% about themselves. Anyone is replaceable and will be if it comes to them making a decision of keeping you or not. Recommend always seeking employment else where if possible.

Pros

Good pay to start

Cons

Short breaks, changes made without knowledge, strong favoritism, no loyalty to their workers

Balancing this job with your life is a handful.

I personally worked at building one hydroform and I will say that the life balance and management will give you major issues. It took way to long to get uniforms because of second shifts hours.It highly oversaturated with overtime drafts to the point where alot of it is highly uneeded. To many people quite hydroform and make the work much harder because the management and system within hydro is a complete mess in there. The training for new employees also isnt exactly the best.

Management sucks

Good pay good benefits but management sucks … play favoritism and politics. Most employees are easy to get along with but the old heads are very vindictive and if you don’t go with there flow they make you know about it

Pros

Pay

Cons

Terrible management

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

It’s okay

So. It’s a good place to work with really good benefits . But don’t expect to get the shift you want when you start. Even if they are hiring for the shift you want, if you’re in their stupid 90 day probation period they won’t allow you to move to the place where they actually need people. They will also work you a lot. Not hard work, but expect to be there a lot. There’s also no clear schedule. You just go in until they tell you not to (Possibly 7 days a week). A flawed but good job. Good pay. Just really hard to manage life outside of work.

Pros

Good pay, Great benefits, Easy work

Cons

No life outside work, No flexibility, No clear schedule

Sucks

This place sucks. Be prepared to work your life away and never be appreciated. Imagine giving almost 8 years of your life up for a company to just throw you out the first chance they get when Covid hits

no work/life balance

pay is great. management is clueless and you better be prepared to live there. lots of micro managing and your not given what you need to be successful at your position

Pros

pay is great for skilled trades

Cons

no work/life balance, it's automotive and very prone to up's and down's

If you are self motivated, you can succeed.

If you are self motivated, you can succeed. If you are lazy, management will not really discipline you. Unfortunately, far too many lazy people are employed here; some management, some hourly.

Pros

Cons

Management is disorganized and inexperienced. Many workers abuse drugs and alcohol on the job.

Bringa pillow because this will be your new home.

Over time is mandatory!! A loot of weeks you'll be working7 days a well and 3 of those will be mandatory 12 hours. Most times I don't complain, my children are adults and I'm single so I can work a lot. This isn't ideal for a single parent. Working here you'd need to give a responsible adult custody of your kids.You can grow here. If you navigate the right channels you can move forward. You can also just keep your head down and put in enough years to retire with a nice package and a pension. Just show up on time everyday and your job is locked in. It's not rocket science.

Pros

Lots of over time

Cons

Lots of over time

Not a place to spend 9-10 hours of your day.

Managers promoted criminals, and underpaid the employees with experience and degrees. Unfair and practices. Job description doesn’t match actual job duties.

Decent pay, fairly easy work and long hours

. When I first started we had great management. They communicated with us perfectly. We were working 12 hours a day 7 days a week and most holidays but we knew and understood why we were working the way we were. Management truly cared about their employees and tried their best to get us time off. We were bought lunch several times, good lunch not McDonald's. Cattered BBQ from local restaurants, given t-shirts and jackets Fast forward a couple years and overtime starts to calm down. We had accomplished what we needed to and had another excellent cattered lunch and given more shirts that highlighted our accomplishments as a team. Shortly after the lead management had not surprisingly moved up through promotion and another group of management brought in. It wasn't long before we had lost our Q1 status, were back to working crazy hours only this time next to ZERO communication from management. We found out most of what was going on through rumors and it was not until those rumors made it back to management and had stirred up chaos that we were told anything. No more company lunches, t-shirts. No sign of any sort of appreciation at all from anyone in management. Moral was completely gone and that is where it's at today. I would've retired from there if not for making a career ending mistake and going over attendance points. That's another thing. To them you are and always will be just a number that's easily replaceable by the next guy or gal looking for a job. You could be there 2 months or 20 years if you go over your points which is not hard to do given the hours you will -

Pros

Pay, easy work, benefits

Cons

Union is useless, bad management, long hours

Good

It's not a bad place to try and start a career with. It's not somewhere you want to come if you expect to work 40 hours a week every week and then go home. If you need A LOT of flexibility this isn't the place for you. Overall it's not a bad place to be. Good pay, good hours, benefits, and vacation time. Just like everywhere else you will have your good days and bad days, Metalsa will be no exception but at least you're making a living in a team environment to bring home a decent income for yourself or your family.

Pros

pay, team focused environment

Cons

Would be nice to go back to straight 8 hour shifts.

Good luck planning anything during your off time

The fact that the company doesn't tell you until Wednesday whether or not you have to work that weekend or not is completely mind boggling. You can never plan anything because you never know whether you have to work or not. Mandatory overtime occurs all the time even though the company tells you that you are, quote unquote, ahead on production. The only really good thing that I can say is that the team members are great for the most part and the insurance benefits is good as long as HR does their job.

Pros

Overtime pay is great

Cons

Workplace temperatures, management direction

Pays well, but has 0 work/life balance

If you need a stable job to get your feet on the ground or want to gain manufacturing experience then it can give you that.

Pros

money

Cons

Long hour and weekends with little headsup

No home life

Worked here for 5 years. There is a lot of overtime. The pay is decent. I liked that it is a union even though it could be better. There is a pension which is nice. Need more days off.

Very topsy-turvy

The compensation was good, and in some cases you can take what you've learned from the job to other outlets of life, but the morale was low, management was all over the place. Some knew what they were doing and some did not. Upper management had no clue what happened on the floor. Some of the work culture on the floor is very high school mentally. Dog eat dog mentality when trying to move through the ranks. I'd recommend you go through the latter of other jobs before you decide you want to settle for here.

Pros

Compensation, benefits, skills

Cons

Physically & mentally draining, hard to find flexibility

Dysfunctional systems. Highly regimented. Excessive number of time-wasting meetings.

Too many homemade, un-user-friendly, and dysfunctional systems. Causes employees to be highly regimented and ineffective.And, extremely excessive number of time-wasting meetings.

Pros

Very good benefits, especially health insurance

Cons

See review

No experience required. Simple. Provided Bid Spots. Great health insurance. Good Pay. 50 cent coffee.

Metalsa provides an easy and simple work environment, offering no-complicated work whatsoever. This company also provides a union,A friendly welcoming orientation,The ability to transfer between departments.The privilege to work at any chosen spot if not occupied by anyone else, (a majority of times, there will always be an opening spot for you to work at no matter where at.)They provide a selective cafeteriaAnd offer 50 cent coffee.You are also given the opportunity to increase your salary if you've worked there for6 months exactly. By filling out paperwork that allows you to request another job position at metalsa. NOTICE: It Does Not Guarantee That YOU Will Get That Position, although you can still request a higher paying job position through paperwork if you'd like.The expectations for some job positions though, are different from your original job position.You may be expected to concentrate more, and you may have much more responsibility to uphold.So please be mindful when or if you agree to start a new role in your career. Other than that, it isn't a hard place to work at. And if you are looking for a good paying, easy job with 0 experience, then this Is the job for you.

Pros

Very Simple work environment, Good Pay.

Cons

FMLA requests are tricky to submit, HD Can be unresponsive or slow when asking for help sometimes, Very Little amounts of Smoke emitted from workspace, unreasonable accountability to uphold in very few areas of the factory.

Great job. But can show lack of care for good workers.

I truly enjoyed working at metalsa. Its a very good company. I worked very hard and then we were all laid off and lines werent running. I was mistaken because i was in between lines and was laid off for no call no show when my line was down. And they obviously dont care that a good hard worker can make a mistake.

Good pay. Bad management

Its a good job if you stick around. Just don't expect to have any sort of outside life when it gets busy and you're forced to work 80 hours a week. Management doesn't know what they're doing at all and HD actively tries to avoid doing their job at all.

Pros

Nice pay

Cons

Work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metalsa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

1.6
InHerSight Score
1.4Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
1.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight