Methanex Corporation Employee Reviews

Should Be A Great Place To Work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAMay 7, 2018
Great running plants. Growing site. Extreme micro management from upper site managers. Lots of undermining and backbiting. Great compensation and benefits package. The medical could be better. HR runs the show. Greatest place to work, at least that's what you are told 20 times a day.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lots of very unhappy people.
Good job, poor management
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LAFebruary 6, 2018
Could be the best plant in the area, but the management is really bad. There is not really a training program. We just learn from each other and go from there.
Worked at these plants
Triad Electric and Controls Intern (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 2, 2017
Enjoyed working st these plants. I only worked at them for a few months because I was just an intern. However I was able to learn a lot in just a short period of time
Average
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CanadaAugust 30, 2017
Prefer not to expand on any detail with current employer. Generally a good company to work for. Small size in energy section. Global works pro and con.
Could be a great place to work
I & E Technician (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LAJune 6, 2017
Only been in operation for 2 years and has a lot of growing pains to go through in order to be great place to work. There are a lot of positions being created and people being moved around in order to find what works best.
good productive work high and low volume work And very safe
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAApril 28, 2017
great work working outside easy task to do easy work if you know your tools and how to use them very easy to learn and pick up good co workers good bosses
Pros
free lunches, vacation days, health benefits medical expenses given, good pay, and easy work
Cons
work in heat work in cold, rained out of work
Great Experience
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LASeptember 21, 2016
I got to meet some great co-workers and learn new task along the way. This company goes far and beyond to make you feel welcomed and to make sure you have everything you need.
It will suck your soul out of your life
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2016
This company will bleed you dry of all desire to be productive. They do a good job of paying for morale-building parties, etc. But that is to pay you back for the countless hours of mind-numbing analysis and late night calls/emails.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours, unhealthy team dynamics
Very Good Company
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LADecember 25, 2015
Very busy testing of daily samples. The lab is clean. A new plant is underway so more opportunity is forthcoming. The location is convenient to my home. The facility is new.
Freshly built plant
Site Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LADecember 8, 2015
Culture: For some - Not for others
Housekeeping - Very clean workplace
Operations - Very knowledgeable
Good Benefits - Life/Health/Disability/Dental/401k/Profit Share
Social/Leading by examble/power of agility
Senior Instrument and control Engineer (Current Employee) –  egyptOctober 20, 2015
Have a 13 years of experience in the Power generation, Oil & gas and Petrochemical fields.

Strong participation in the construction,commissioning and startup plants during project and opertaion phase. And I was responsible to carry out all Instrument and control maintenance field activities during normal operation.
PMP Instructor
PMP instructor (Former Employee) –  Cairo, GAAugust 8, 2015
I have a position as Professional training Instructor in CMCS for project management courses. I also have experience in the development and deployment of IT solutions supporting a wide range of business activity and work process.
Any department but finance
Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 26, 2015
Wonderful company if you are not an accountant!! No work life balance. Management has too many issues to list. Start high because you will never get any more and will be treated horrible.
Mixed feelings concerning Management
Rotating Equipment Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LaNovember 16, 2014
After spending a year with Methanex I can honestly say that the company really believed in core values and promoting how the company would be "as one team". For the first several months it truely was indeed that. As time passed on and more team members were hired that further the "family" divided. Managers started being more one sided with their own teams.
Pros
Training and lots of it.
Cons
Unskilled management and lack of knowledge on equipment.
Good company with a great working environment.
Graduate In Training, E&I Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pt. Lisas, Trinidad and TobagoMarch 29, 2014
- On a typical day I would review the list of E&I reliability related issues with the reliability engineer and we decide which issues we would work to resolve based on the severity and other criteria.
- I have learned project management, reliability engineering, project engineering, management of change concepts/procedures, E&I condition monitoring and improved people skills.
- Co-workers are highly skilled and very helpful.
- The hardest part of the job is determining the reliability issues which should be addressed given constraints of budget and schedules.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction gained when your work results in the resolution of reliability issues.
Productive work place with football field and gym
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Point Lisas Industrial Estate, TrinidadMay 21, 2013
I supported help desk and the systems administration.
I learned about cisco routers and network servers; there purpose and function.
There were few IT personnel so the department was small and getting to know everyone was not a challenge.
As an intern I got a taste of all the different aspects of the job, in and outside of the IT field.
The most enjoyable thing about the experience was being a part, no matter the level of significance, to a major corporation.
The most difficult part of the job was to grasp that the turnover rate for positions in that field is very low, so therefor getting a job there would be a challenge.
Pros
9/80 - The employees work 80 hours in 9 days and get the 10th day off.
Cons
The company was located in a distant area.